Does anyone have good scans of Enki's little mini set and Flamy's little mini set from the Lego Elves Magazine Issue #1 and Issue #2? I've been looking for the instruction pictures for those for a while, but haven't had much luck. Since that magazine and others aren't available in the USA :sad:

Looks nice with a brown door, but the lavender door doesn't really bother me so much since it's true to the show. I do like what you've done with the gray better than the lavender though.

legoelves_locations_diamondpeaks_16_9.jpg?l.r2=-226682474

Finally got a chance to pick up my first 2016 Elves set, the Water Dragon. For a $20 set, I think it's pretty good, but while the waterfall is nice, I feel like one of the parts should have gone to bulking up the dragon, whose head looks a bit too large for the small body and the proportions are a tad awkward. Still really love my first Elves dragon though, and she's on a shelf with all my 10+ Ninjago dragons...

I de-lavendered Starlight Inn. The door really bothered me.

Losing the lavender makes it lose so much of its charm. Particularly the loss of the lavender rocks, which I'd consider to be one of the best new stylistic choices of this year's Elves sets. The door change is okay, but I didn't mind the lavender door, which was colorful and went well with Sira's overall aesthetic.

EDIT: Also, on second glance, I can't help but be a little confused with your choices for the cellar. The change in window panes is a little odd for that kind of structure, and combined with the heavy use of dark grey makes it look like a random window into a rock rather than a small storage cellar nestled between rocks.

Edited by Lyichir

It certainly looks much better with the brown door in my opinion. I recently bought this set as well and while I do like the style and consider it a reasonable good parts pack I can't stand some of the colour combinations. I know it's a common thing in today's LEGO sets to help kids build the sets but when you use 9 different colours for the first 12 pieces in the build it kind of bothers me.

But since I did like the idea of the set I too decided to build my own version just the way I like it, it's just what LEGO is all about, right? I'm waiting for a BL order of some bright green tiles to finish of the roof and then I'll probably show it. Still has to decide if I want to stick with the colourful leaves or go with a more natural look.

Losing the lavender makes it lose so much of its charm. Particularly the loss of the lavender rocks, which I'd consider to be one of the best new stylistic choices of this year's Elves sets. The door change is okay, but I didn't mind the lavender door, which was colorful and went well with Sira's overall aesthetic.

EDIT: Also, on second glance, I can't help but be a little confused with your choices for the cellar. The change in window panes is a little odd for that kind of structure, and combined with the heavy use of dark grey makes it look like a random window into a rock rather than a small storage cellar nestled between rocks.

I had a feeling you wouldn't like it :wink: For the door dark green would be another good option that would be colorful without clashing. We'll have to agree to disagree on the rocks, I get what you're saying conceptually but it doesn't work for me. I agree that the cellar is not ideal, what I would really like is the original doors in brown, but they don't exist yet.

I'm very tempted to buy the playmat... you guys think it'll still be on sale by the 25th? I could wait and potentially grab the polybag then...

I'm very tempted to buy the playmat... you guys think it'll still be on sale by the 25th? I could wait and potentially grab the polybag then...

If it's still available, then yes, I think it will be still on sale. However it currently in "Call to check product availability" status. If you really want it, I'd recommend buying it sooner then later though, as there is probably not many left.

I'd say the sooner the better if you really want it. It might not be available when the polybag comes around. It's been on sale for 2 months at least, probably not many left. I know I bought 2 at $3.98.

It's still available in the Shop in Poland. But I would not risk it to wait one more month...

I received 2 last week. Love the color and the print quality. But I don't like the "carton" feel of the thing (nor the junctions where the card is folding). Would have prefer something more "plasticky". 1 is perfect to play on a table with 2-4 sets. 2 feel right in the middle of a room.

I get as well the display box ("me and my dragon display")

http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

but I don't like the carton quality of the box, feels fragile. The plates are not attached, and there is no handle, so it's more to store on a shelve/desk than for the kids to carry around... :sceptic:

And it's small. If you have more than 3 sets, the dolls, eggs, animals and accessories will full the thing...

And the dark colors are not very elfish. Feel more like a storage than a display. Maybe lego should have try to give a more "dollhouse" feeling ?

Edited by ChristopheQ

Nice Mod. The Inn certainly looks better with the brown door, and the mostly pink/purple cellar was an eyesore. I think that this could work well in a medieval setting.

It's still available in the Shop in Poland. But I would not risk it to wait one more month...

I received 2 last week. Love the color and the print quality. But I don't like the "carton" feel of the thing (nor the junctions where the card is folding). Would have prefer something more "plasticky". 1 is perfect to play on a table with 2-4 sets. 2 feel right in the middle of a room.

but I don't like the carton quality of the box, feels fragile. The plates are not attached, and there is no handle, so it's more to store on a shelve/desk than for the kids to carry around... :sceptic:

And it's small. If you have more than 3 sets, the dolls, eggs, animals and accessories will full the thing...

And the dark colors are not very elfish. Feel more like a storage than a display. Maybe lego should have try to give a more "dollhouse" feeling ?

Could you post pics or a review of the box?

Anyway, I bought 2 mats, and a) the Polish s@h has an absurd shipping price (where on Earth are they shipping from?) b) since Lordofdragonss proposed making a joint order I thought the VIP point system is actually worth something... turns out they effectively reward you with 20zł for spending 400. Lame ;(

Could you post pics or a review of the box?

Anyway, I bought 2 mats, and a) the Polish s@h has an absurd shipping price (where on Earth are they shipping from?) b) since Lordofdragonss proposed making a joint order I thought the VIP point system is actually worth something... turns out they effectively reward you with 20zł for spending 400. Lame ;(

someone post a review here :

http://heartlaketimes.blogspot.com/p/lego-elves-me-my-dragon-display-case.html

NB : for Lego shop, you should always order at least 50€ (200zl) to get the free shipping...

when there is the VIP promo, you get 10% discount instead of 5%

It is too small, very small. Just for eggs nothing else.

I'am disappointed.

It looks like enough space for the Elves, as well. I don't think it's that bad. Make it much bigger and it'd be hard for kids to carry around, rather defeating the purpose.

Lovely! It still fits in color-wise with the rest of the Elves sets.

Looks nice with a brown door, but the lavender door doesn't really bother me so much since it's true to the show.

Surly the show is supposed to be true to the sets and not the other way around?

I recreated the Crystal Hollow set in LDD in case someone wants to try some modding without actually having the parts. Well, actually I tried to figure out if I could fit a light brick in the space behind the key, but it turns out I can't, not without widening the base by a couple studs and significantly altering the original build :(

crystalhollow.lxf

I had been wanting to pick up some Elves sets since last year, but just couldn't bring myself to actually spend money on them. Then, yesterday I was at Walmart with my wife who is much more of a TOL (Tolerator of Lego) than an actual FOL. She saw the Elves section and said in shock, "They make Lego sets like this?! I want one."

So, we settled on the Starlight Inn, and it's a superb little set. She built the whole thing herself, and kept making comments about how cute it was and how she could almost understand my affinity for the hobby.

I am frankly, a little jealous :blush: but I am going to spend my Lego budget on the updated PAB wall next week, so I guess it will be even longer til I get myself a proper Elves set...

well after buying all 6 sets from the 1st 2016 wave I am uber prepared for the summer wave which is 5 correct me if I am wrong

There will be 4 sets in the Summer 2016 wave --- The Precious Crystal Mine; Dragon Sanctuary; Queen Dragon's Rescue; and Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle.

And the dark colors are not very elfish. Feel more like a storage than a display. Maybe Lego should have tried to give it a more "dollhouse" feeling ?

Maybe a different display case could be made to look more like the Starlight Inn, with interior views inside --- the two upper 'shelves' would be made to look like 'rooms', while the two lower 'shelves' could be made more like the staircase, and the seating area near the fireplace?

Yay! Have finally gotten my hands on all of the 1st 2016 sets - can't wait to build them this weekend!

Hi - first post here. I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong place or am otherwise posting inappropriately.

In the Precious Crystal Mine set, there's a small grey rodent/kitten creature. Does anyone know what this animal is and what its name is?

post-159246-0-28726300-1461017314_thumb.jpg