Rrrrr Smaug. Epic! Would pay a lot for that in any color!

Ah well, the wait is on, for the moment somebody leaks some pics...

Ooh, so very exciting! I've bought the entire Elves collection so far, loving it. Hope photos are available soon. Looking forward to seeing what these new sets will look like.

Wow, why am I only now seeing these! Love all the names... I wish they'd do stuff other than dragons, and maybe we'll see mermaids, fairies, witches, etc. running about Elvendale.

I'm curious for The Starlight Inn and The Secret Market Place and hope these make nice display sets along the lines of An Unexpected Gathering.

I would like to see pictures before I make any real plans. I have the utmost confidence that they will be great and well designed sets, but some haven't really appealed to me.

I really hope at least one of the dragons isn't too obviously girly. I like Nadia Spa Secret (41072) as a parts pack, i don't mind the pink and purple colors, and I might even get around to liking the minidolls, especially from the Elves theme. Tall and beautiful and all that. But a purple dolphin! Really? I would love a dolphin, but purple? It just makes me sad. I mean, have 'us boys' gotten black and red crocodiles because they would look cooler to boys? Now I know this might be OT because dragons don't exist, but yeah, I'm hoping for one dragon that doesn't look so girlish.

I really hope at least one of the dragons isn't too obviously girly. I like Nadia Spa Secret (41072) as a parts pack, i don't mind the pink and purple colors, and I might even get around to liking the minidolls, especially from the Elves theme. Tall and beautiful and all that. But a purple dolphin! Really? I would love a dolphin, but purple? It just makes me sad. I mean, have 'us boys' gotten black and red crocodiles because they would look cooler to boys? Now I know this might be OT because dragons don't exist, but yeah, I'm hoping for one dragon that doesn't look so girlish.

We also got a bright orange squirrel, and all the animals feature ornate facial markings, so you could probably consider unusual-looking animals to be a key part of the Lego Elves theme, like the purple foliage or the unique hair colors. As for the dolphin, not only has it appeared in more typical colors in the Lego Friends theme, but a pinkish or purplish dolphin isn't actually all that unrealistic.

Edited by Lyichir

I too hope that the dragons aren't too girly either, but I have heard (from a friend of mine who's seen the retailer catalog for next year, same friend who told me when the Ninjago Temple was going to be revealed) that there will be quite a few of the baby dragon pieces that debuted in the Pegasus Sleigh present in a few different colours in these sets (possibly recolours to match the Fire, Earth and Water elements I'm guessing), and also that the brick-built (I think that's what he said) adult dragons are apparently a bit smaller than your typical brick built Ninjago dragon (like the Titanium Dragon for example). That's all I know.

Judging from that, what we'll be getting are Mixel-jointed dragons. Which sounds pretty cool. That'd allow for some pretty organic and smooth-looking dragons. And judging by that baby dragon, the dragons will look very alien, which is nice.

We also got a bright orange squirrel, and all the animals feature ornate facial markings, so you could probably consider unusual-looking animals to be a key part of the Lego Elves theme, like the purple foliage or the unique hair colors. As for the dolphin, not only has it appeared in more typical colors in the Lego Friends theme, but a pinkish or purplish dolphin isn't actually all that unrealistic.

You are right of course. It's just such an eyesore to me. Having said that, I wish the dragons wouldn't be brickbuilt, I'd totally buy a 'real' purple dragon :D Also sorry for only coming here to whine ;)

Wow, why am I only now seeing these! Love all the names... I wish they'd do stuff other than dragons, and maybe we'll see mermaids, fairies, witches, etc. running about Elvendale.

To a degree. Noted that some of the types have been covered by Disney, I prefer to see more different types of Elves and non-human creatures in this theme. Overall, it's nice to see some more Elves other than the main four and Skyra and Johnny. Edited by Dorayaki

I have seen pictures and I like it a lot.

Really like the color scheme.

Good stuff indeed, and I am not too much into this kind of theme.

A little offtop:

Did you see Bionicle pictures? Can you describe them?)

Entirely off topic and precisely the wrong place to ask. Please don't, especially having acknowledged that it is indeed off topic.

Got pics from a friend who found them online.

General fact - Pretty much all of the dragons are brick-built with really big heads with, well, girlish designs.

Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon - Small tree with a small waterfall-like thing going through it, small lantern on the side and I think trans pink pieces. Small blue/pink dragon named Fledge in a giant trans-purple crystal egg (think Galaxy Squad egg things) and Emily Jones with what I THINK is a chocolate bar or a book. Minifigs are Emily Jones and Fledge, small Grandma basket with magenta cherry piece.

Water Dragon Adventure - Another small rock with a small waterfall/river through it, small tree. More of the trans pink bricks, maybe they're some sort of crystal? Very small grass area with an oyster, inside is one of the small star pieces. Hairbrush and bottle of perfume or something. Dragon is brick-built, azure, purple, and bits of the magenta color. Head is big, girlish, looks eh. Big anime eyes. Wings are the same ones as usual dragon wings, I guess? Not Smaug, but the 2013 Castle ones I think, in azure and the faded purple. The Chima bat wings appear on the tail in purple. Includes Naida.

Elvendale School of Dragons - New hourglass piece! One half is a tree with a long tube spiraled around to make a neat swing, has Fledge on it. More trans pink bricks, the diamond piece in purple is appearing a lot in these sets with magenta leaves. Other half includes 3 seats (look like what LEGO makes mushrooms as) with a chalkboard to the side. Behind that is a little counter with the new fence thing in brown, and on the counter has a glass mug and (interestingly enough) what appears to be a computer. On the wall is what I think is either a plastic think or a new "royal banner" piece. Above that is tan stuff and an azure roof. Includes what looks like Farran but with blue hair. Also has a weird white thing in his hand. It's a new piece, I don't quite know what it is. There's also a small log with the new blaster from Chewbacca in the SW TFA sets.

The Starlight Inn - It's actually an inn, haha. Tan/brown building with 2 floors. First floor - Normal round wooden door piece in lavender, and I think a window off to the left. Second floor- above window is Farran (I think, it's a brown and green clothed character) and above the main area is 3 small windows, with a green roof, with more magenta leaves and purple diamonds. On the ground in front of the door are more trans pink slopes, and now there's light blue crystals (Power Miners) involved. Extra scenery includes a table with two chairs (really cool chairs, made with the 2013 Chima clip with the Stone Warrior helmet thing in brown as the backs) and on the far left is a weird pink thing, giant rock with windows in it.

Lava Dragon's Cave - Medium cave with a small gold waterfall. Some small leaves. Dragon is a big, brick built (meh build) orangish yellow thing with a giant girlish head. Magenta Chima tooth pieces on the head. Tail has magenta diamonds and the new fire pieces from Chima in magenta. Dragon is breathing a fire that is (???) a small fire that Emily Jones is sitting at, roasting a marshmallow. Another far build is some big rock with green crystals. Minifigures include Emily and Azari.

The Secret Market Place - small brown/tan building with 3 sections. Section one (far left) is a small grassy area with a brown/lime chair for Farran and a tall bookshelf. Bookshelf has a magenta leaf piece with a neat lamp (blue flower from Disney Princess line with a trans blue (?) minifig head) Section two - tall bit, bottom floor has a gate with a lower bookshelf behind it. Some neat new sort of twisted branch piece on each side. Top has two more branch pieces, and an owl in the middle. Purple/lavender roof. Last section is a small blacksmith stand with the red fox from the Bakery set, and then a set of lavender spin stairs (same ones as past few years) that lead up to a small tree. Above the tree is a Legend Beast sized lime dragon. Same big dragon head, same girlish design. Dragon has a nougat treasure chest on its back. Minifigs include Farran and Aira holding a floating strawberry (red minifg head w/ green flower)

"Girlish head" "Anime Eyes"

So... We're talking, like, cartoon-y dragons, right? I can't really think of a good comparison, but the only thing that comes to mind is maybe something from Disney. Cutesy, round head with two large, forward-facing eyes on the top of the head. Is that accurate?

Glad to hear that the dragons will look cute and friendly! That was my biggest concern about how to create an adult dragon for LEGO Elves — how it could be made to fit the design language of the smaller LEGO Friends and LEGO Elves people and animals. In minifigure-based themes it is not too difficult because the regular people and animals are already rather blocky. But in a minidoll-based theme it at least demands a really smooth and streamlined head design. These sets sound excellent. I hope the adult dragons have plenty of posability.

LEGO Ninjago has had a great track record with dragons over the years so I have confidence that LEGO can design impressive brick-built dragons, especially with more useful joint elements than ever!

Overall, though, I'm sure I'll have a much better idea what the sets look like when pics emerge. In the meantime I'm as hyped as ever!

"Girlish head" "Anime Eyes"

So... We're talking, like, cartoon-y dragons, right? I can't really think of a good comparison, but the only thing that comes to mind is maybe something from Disney. Cutesy, round head with two large, forward-facing eyes on the top of the head. Is that accurate?

Princess Celestia eyes popped in my mind.

Princess Celestia eyes popped in my mind.

Ah, alright.

Hm... I think I'll be passing on these Dragons unless pictures convince me. I was cautiously optimistic, so no big loss, and I was never too into this theme to begin with.