Pandora

2016 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I like the juniors friends line, so many cool printed pieces!

I also like the design of puppy daycare.

nice photos promobricks!

I like the juniors friends line, so many cool printed pieces!

I also like the design of puppy daycare.

nice photos promobricks!

+1

If I end up getting that Hot Dog set - I'm switching out the pink awning immediately. I'm thinking either replace the pink with yellow or white, or just make it all red. Anything but pink.

Yeah, why didn't they make it a red and white combo like the popcorn stand? The pink just clashes...

Agreed. I'm of the mind to switch out the colors on some other parts as well, but the over all design is really neat. Guess I'll send the minidolls off to my niece.

I'm a little surprised to see the Hot Dog suit on a minidoll. The hard ABS plastic minifig hair styles are really difficult to pry of of minidoll heads, which are accustomed to soft rubbery hair. I wonder if the suit is just any easier get off.

This piece of roof is new?

https://scontent.fsa...426306125_o.jpg

(I don't post the pic directly because it's a bit big)

I believe it is a new piece this year, the prison island uses 8 gray ones for the sewer outlet.

I believe the first time this piece appeared, was in 10247 Ferris Wheel, which is a set from last year. :wink:

Agreed. I'm of the mind to switch out the colors on some other parts as well, but the over all design is really neat. Guess I'll send the minidolls off to my niece.

do they make that piece in yellow? thinking yellow and red... mustard and ketchup.

Love the hot dog van and the classic space logos on the space ride! The arcade also is nice and has some creative games. Overall, though, the amusement park sets don't impress me as much as the Jungle Rescue, Pop Star, or Adventure Camp sets.

It baffles me that the designers did introduce a new track mold for the roller coaster, but instead of making a tighter curve (which it could really have benefited from, I think) they made a shallower slope. It seems to me like the older, steeper slope tracks (which raise the track up by 5 bricks each rather than 3) would've made for a more exciting roller coaster.

I'm not sure at what time it's at, just keep your eyes open behind the mini dolls.

An interesting observation. I hope the polar bear cub is somewhat compatible with the polar bears from the City theme.

Thank you all very much for the links, info and pics! :classic:

Here a short comment about the summer sets. I do only care about the amusement park sets, so I won't somment on others:

Rollercoaster

The flagship set is a huge disappointment! The top spin is a bad joke. And the rollercoaster is even more to laugh about. The gondolas look like if they were put with toothpicks to the rest of the ferris wheel. Instead of having three bad designed fairground rides, TLG better should have concentrated on one ride or maximum two! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

The only two nice contents are the popcorn cart and the new quarter melon piece. I'll try to get these things seperately via Ebay since I for sure won't buy the whole set!

Spaceride

The ticket booth looks bad. But the ride is nice - only a bit too much of purple. I only wonder how the passengers can get into the spaceships since they are much too high to climb in. The ice-cream cart is a nice addtion. :thumbup:

Hot Dog Stand

This one looks superb! Only some stairs to the top would have looked better and more realistic than the ladder. :wub: :wub:

Arcade

This is my favourite set ot the whole subtheme! It has three different parts which all look brilliant and very realistic! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm already excited how the hot dog stand and the arcade will look next to the Creator Fairground Mixxer and the Creator Ferris Wheel!

Klaus-Dieter

41134 heartlake performance school is going to be the new biggest Friends?

Nope, the roller coaster is. The school will most likely be a similar prize and size to Heartlake High and a LEGO store exclusive, in the U.S.

That Hot Dog van will mix wonderfully with the new City park set. :wub:

I haven't really considered buying any Friends sets (I am just not a fan of those mini-dolls) but I could happily buy that Hot Dog van and sell/give away those figures. :sweet:

LegoMyMamma posted a few images of 41133 Amusement Park Bumper Cars on this post: http://heartlaketime...iends-sets.html

Here's one of them:

Amusement-Park-Bumper-Cars-41133-box-front.jpg

The cotton candy wagon! Too bad the new character Ben appears to be just Julian with a different colored wig.

Edited by Maya