Pandora

2016 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I'm really curious about the rollercoaster. From Brickset's description, the coaster isnt as thrilling as I'd hoped, but fun nonetheless. :thumbup:

Also looking forward to the ferris wheel that's in the rollercoaster set. :wub:

So this is the coaster? That's disappointing. Guess there wasn't really much to expect anyway since LEGO's track only has like 3 different pieces.

Hu1W3UL.png

According to Brickset description and the set price, seems that what you pay is what you get.

Seeing the price of the last LEGO sets even there is a lot of things in the set if the price is the revealed.

IMHO, a good rollercoaster set would cost (with recent price policy) arround $200

IMHO, a good rollercoaster set would cost (with recent price policy) arround $200

That's why we have the the fairground theme, we can expect a roller coaster this year or next year if we get another fairground set. :classic:

That's why we have the the fairground theme, we can expect a roller coaster this year or next year if we get another fairground set. :classic:

Yeah, and with the list I have of D2Cs for this year, nothing. Though, I've been meaning to ask for some help on this, how many D2Cs do we get a year? 10? 12?

Yeah, and with the list I have of D2Cs for this year, nothing. Though, I've been meaning to ask for some help on this, how many D2Cs do we get a year? 10? 12?

Wait so there isn't any fairground theme sets this year? From the creator expert line of course.

Wait so there isn't any fairground theme sets this year? From the creator expert line of course.

So far, nope. I still think we're missing like 2-3 more D2Cs, which could be an other giant car or something.

Ah.. I have to say, that after reading Brickset's descriptions of the new Arcade set the other day - I'm feeling a little let down. When I hear "arcade" I picture Ms Pacman, Joust, etc. I should have known better, though, because I knew it was part of the "Amusement Park" subtheme ! It's just that an arcade moc for my city has been on my to-do list for quite awhile and I was drooling thinking of some printed arcade machines, haha.

The more carnival sideshow arcade we're getting will probably still be really interesting, can't wait for pictures !

I just saw the roller coster picture at brickset

First thought: Horrible, simple, thank god My daughters will pass this one....

BUT , in my stupid brain, I forgot the playability....

It is very good for kids....

I will not show the picture for them....

It's interesting. Not nearly Fairground quality, but it could be worked into Jokerland pretty easily and seems pretty playable. I like the use of the fire pole for the twirling tower drop.

I've gained pictures of the sets, here are some notes before you see the sets. The hot dog van isn't that exciting, imagine this - wheels, bun, 2x2 skinny hotdog about 12 studs long, tall windows, then another bun. Also yeah the CMF hot dog suit is there.

I'm somewhat intrigued by that rollercoaster. Would it be possible to create a more exciting ride with just the pieces in this set? Here is what I have in mind:

- Use that firehouse pole to create a sort of lift for the cars.

- Use the Technic pieces from the ferris wheel to mount the tracks at a steeper incline going only downward from that lift.

- Alternate between curves and downward slopes to make for a bumpy ride down.

Not really sure if everything needed for this is in that set, but it should be possible with not too many additional pieces.

Desilutionated about the hot dog truck. Seems built by a 7 years kid.

Who took the pic? I don't want to say what it seems what the minidoll has in the hand because there are kids reading.

The watermelon slide is great (it's a half or a quarter round tile?)

Since now, when TLC don't know what accessory add they add a sausage. From now, we are going to see the hot dog bun everywhere.

Great to see some great parts in these sets. I do wish they would bring out more food options other than the ubiquitous sausage though. How about bringing back the steak piece?

Not a fan of the colour scheme of the fairground sets at all. It all seems a bit thrown-together. :sceptic: Interesting new piece that quarter-round (at least that's what it seems like to me) tile. Expect pizzas and pies next.

If I end up getting that Hot Dog set - I'm switching out the pink awning immediately. I'm thinking either replace the pink with yellow or white, or just make it all red. Anything but pink.

That watermelon piece is cool - seems to go with the new round watermelon piece that's in the Heartlake Supermarket that just came out.

Edited by jedikitty

From Promobrick's facebook pictures, 41129 Hot Dog Van (I do not know the official name) seems a great set. There is a roof table and includes a mirror and a photo-matic stand

The Hot-dog suit seems to be a "hat" as a hair piece is shown on the down-left corner.

If I end up getting that Hot Dog set - I'm switching out the pink awning immediately. I'm thinking either replace the pink with yellow or white, or just make it all red. Anything but pink.

Yeah, why didn't they make it a red and white combo like the popcorn stand? The pink just clashes...

Still waiting to see the Bumper Cars set.