Pandora

2016 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I don't think there's a second (third if you're in the US) floor. So probably four different rooms.

I suspect something in the roof, it wouldn't be so big otherwise. Even if it's a small janitor's closet, which reminds me there's no school facility in this set. :( The video game had lots of characters (Principal Harry, Mrs. Wyse, Janitor Bob ect.) why not use one of them instead of adding yet another friend?

There's a Friends video game?

Yup, for Nintendo DS and 3DS. I haven't actually played it myself, though. :/

I hope there is an interior period. The image only seems to show up to the depth of the facade and nothing else unless it is hidden on the left wing (from our vantage point). If it does I may have a hard time passing up this set.

Traditionally the Friends sets are known for their detailed interiors, so I'd be amazed if there wasn't such an interior with this set.

Thank you very much for the link to and the picture of the school, Soupperson1 and CM4Sci! :classic:

When the sets list came out, I didn't pay any attention to the HL Performance School since I thought that it would be a school for dogs. But that I see now the picture of it - :wub: :wub: :wub: - amazing set! I really like this ancient architectual school house style! The bus isn't that my cup of tea since it has too less windows and is too short. And the basketball busket and the with pink overloaded snack place seem out of place. But everything other looks really, really good!

If I see correctly, then there's some interior on every floor (meaning all three).

Btw: When do you think we'll get pictures of the 41132 HL Party Shop? When did the first picture of the (bad) Friends Grocery came out last year?

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for the link to and the picture of the school, Soupperson1 and CM4Sci! :classic:

When the sets list came out, I didn't pay any attention to the HL Performance School since I thought that it would be a school for dogs. But that I see now the picture of it - :wub: :wub: :wub: - amazing set! I really like this ancient architectual school house style! The bus isn't that my cup of tea since it has too less windows and is too short. And the basketball busket and the with pink overloaded snack place seem out of place. But everything other looks really, really good!

If I see correctly, then there's some interior on every floor (meaning all three).

Btw: When do you think we'll get pictures of the 41132 HL Party Shop? When did the first picture of the (bad) Friends Grocery came out last year?

Klaus-Dieter

A dog school would've been hilarious :P And yay another person who thinks there's interior on the third floor, if there is in fact interior its even weirder there's no facility for all the rooms!

We saw the food market on the 19th of June. We saw pictures of the airport and the limo on the 17th and 18th of May though, and prelims of the limo were on Amazon before then so it's hard to estimate. I really hope Olivia appears in the Party Shop though, she hasen't been in a shopping set yet.

Edited by Soupperson1

Ah, that glorious Hot Dog Van! :laugh: That's definitely going to be my first-ever Friends set. Looking forward to someone grabbing these for a review!

I'm honestly very impressed that the Friends theme has managed to win me over with a set. I have always disliked those mini-dolls (this much hasn't changed, and I will likely sell off the ones from the Hot Dog Van) and I have a strong dislike for the way the theme could be abused to enforce gender roles - I have some pretty strong memories of being a little girl perusing the LEGO section and being advised by shop assistants to buy Clickit's rather than normal LEGO, because ordinary LEGO was by default labelled "Boy's Toys." :thumbdown: This was mostly not LEGO's fault however, since it was the individual shop itself that stuck the gendered labels on the sets. Still, it's surprising to me (and to Friends' credit) that I've come around a bit to the theme and it's usefulness for City. :thumbup:

Edited by Pandora
Please don't quote pictures unnecessarily - they're in the post immediately before yours :)

Looking on the boxes, there seems to be a very cool $250 carousel looking set.

Edited by CM4Sci

Looking on the boxes, there seems to be a very cool $250 carousel looking set.

Shall this be (well-deserved) sarcasm on 41130 (or 41128)? Or have you seen a picture of the long awaited rumored Creator Carousel for this year which I've missed?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Ooh, that hot dog stand (41129?) would go well with my Ferris Wheel! :) Is that a Mrs Hot Dog minifig included as well?

It is. :classic:

Cm4Sci posted them here, on page 10. Though on second look the picture of her ain't that good as I recalled.

The best picture is on page one of this post.

Looking forward to seeing these set's in real life. There is probably gonna be a few of the set's I will need to purchase.

Edited by KlodsBrik

Target DPCIs -

Foal Washing Station - 086-14-0787

Puppy Day Care - 086-14-0788

Horse Vet Trailer - 086-14-0789

Riding Club - 086-14-0790

Arcade - 086-14-0791

Space Ride - 086-14-0792

Hot Dog Van - 086-14-0793

Roller Coaster - 086-14-0794

Advent Calendar - 086-14-0795

Bumper Cars - 086-14-0796

Zusammengebaut posted a

showing the Heartlake Performance School box in detail!

The school bus opens from the top and left side, and seats one driver and four passengers. The school rooms include a downstairs atrium/hallway with lockers and a cafeteria, a second floor bathroom, classroom, and a third smaller room I can't quite identify (computer lab?), and a third floor performance area. The school as a whole feels a bit more sparsely furnished than Heartlake High, though I suppose that's partly due to just how much more floor space there is to fill (around one and a half times as much). It's worth noting that there's a cafeteria table on the back of the box that's just sitting outside — maybe if it were placed inside the place wouldn't feel as empty.

That bus looks good. Is the PErformance School going to be a store exclusive/

I was surprised, to find the new Friends Heartlake Performance School in the Legoland Billund Shop today.

Set 41134 - reminds me of the Heartlake Hotel of last year. :classic:

I also agree the interior is disappointing, so much open space! It appears the excuse seems to be there's doors in between, but there's still no stairs so it's not going to look realistic anyway. Heartlake High (my favourite set of all time) really used its space to the max, this has nothing in the hallway! I do like the ballet build though. The school sign just looks strange. Andrea and Noah are meh figures, I don't think those colour combinations are the best. Iva is by far the worst though, she's supposed to be a teacher?! Why not give her a new torso instead of a new hairpiece that looks like something an adult would wear, like a shirt or something? She looks like she's 15!

I do like the build of the school's exterior and the school bus though, it's hard for me to find a Friends set I don't like. :P

so are the amusement park sets out in the uk yet

Officially on June 1st

That bus looks good. Is the PErformance School going to be a store exclusive/

Yep

Edited by Soupperson1