Pandora

2016 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Thank you very much for the picture and the link, Maya! :classic:

It's too small. I rather have just one ride per set, now we just have half ---ed rides in all the sets.

I completely agree with you, Bricknblue!

TLG regrettably got bogged down with many rides in one set instead of offering one decent ride in one set (an additional food cart isn't the problem, that's in contrast a nice addition, but I speak of several rides). With this, TLG imo destroyed the potential of the bigger Friends fairground sets. That's really a pity!

Because of this, I'll only buy the small sets - hot dog van, archery and bowling - which are really cute sets. And apart from these I'm keeping my money and hope for more Creator Expert fairground sets which give us the correct size of fairground sets. (And which are btw not that much overloaded with pink and purple.)

Klaus-Dieter

Ehh... I hate how much Horse colors Friends are getting compared to other themes...

I really like that puppy care set. It has some nice pieces!

Weird that the vet trailer set is still using the old book piece. I'd have expected Friends to have transitioned over to the new one from Nexo Knights by summer. I can't imagine LEGO planning to keep both styles of book around in perpetuity.

Some nice looking sets for summer. I really like Heartlake Puppy Day Care, I need that husky pup. I'd probably get the arcade and hot dog van too. Those hot dog buns are great.

I really love how the Friends colors have evolved since the first year of a puke of bright colors slopped together. The PopStar colors are beautiful, the park rides looks great, even the barns look really nice. The azure blue and dark red even look good.

Nice job LEGO.

My thoughts:

Puppy Daycare: Love the husky, the building itself looks good. Will probably get this and use it as a small shop.

Arcade: I like the Whack-a-frog machine. Mia's shirt is great, as are the stickers in this set. Probably a buy.

Hot Dog Van: It's not a van, is it? I mean, it can't drive! The parts are great, but I will mod this so that the roof can be collapsed and the whole thing can be hooked up to a truck and driven to the next location.

Riding Club: Damn! I thought I could pass on this, as it would be my third riding stable, but it has too many great things going for it. Horse blankets. Mia's jacket. Similar colour scheme to 3185, so one can build a large riding camp. Spice! Although he (she?) looks weird without a saddle... I'm a little disappointed that there are only two dolls included though.

Vet Trailer: Pass. Nothing here but the blanket and the jacket which are both included in the Club. Might try to get the sticker sheet.

Space Ride: Oh yes! The large dish will end up in a Black- or M-Tron MOC and that Friends CS logo means there is a Friends Spaceship(!) MOC with lots of translucent pink in my future.

As for Friends as a theme, there are two things on my mind:

1. Stephanie needs a new haircut! It's getting really old...

2. Are Vet Clinics and Riding Stables the Fire Departments and Police Stations of Friends?

Cheers

TomKraut

Edited by TomKraut

I've put as many high-res pics as I can find in the first post, with links to the album on EB Town's flickr.

Looks like there's a whole bunch of printed 1x1 round tiles coming up. :sweet:

Did anyone else notice watermelon slice piece and new cookie slice piece? You can see them on the box of riding club.

Did anyone else notice watermelon slice piece and new cookie slice piece? You can see them on the box of riding club.

I know! I think the new one is a quarter waffle piece, and with four of them, you can have a whole waffle!

I've been excited about it since I saw it in Toy Fair pictures. :)

where are you seeing this?

I thought they were waffle pieces, but upon closer look, I have to say they may also be apple pie slices based on the diagonal pattern. Either way, it's a new food piece, so I'm happy!

I think these pieces are too small for stickers. :)

Edited by Maya

Yes, it does look like a waffle in that official image of cute items in the set.

But see how the grid pattern is placed diagonally in the image I enlarged from the Toyark's Toy Fair photo:

The thickness of these pieces is more like that of a Belgian waffle, but the surface pattern makes me think of an apple pie.

I guess the official product description will soon tell us what it's supposed to be. :)

(edit: I tried to post the enlarged image, but I couldn't do it... Sorry!)

Edited by Maya

It is a waffle, and it's printed; not stickered. My son has one, it came in the Double Decker Couch set from Lego Movie.

The waffle that came in that set was a single round tile though - this appears to be four quarter-circle tiles. I'm leaning towards pie.