naugem

[SWEU] - Cat. B - I-7 Howlrunner

Here's my take on the I-7 Howlrunner.

According to Wookiepedia: "The Incom Corporation I-7 Howlrunner was a short range attack starfighter employed by the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War." Read more: http://starwars.wiki.../I-7_Howlrunner

I took some liberties with the design, but I think I maintained the most distinguishing elements of the ship. I also changed the color scheme to look more like an Empire starfighter.

20186600371_79709ff3f7_c.jpg

20181000265_431dd87a0a_z.jpg

19560011533_2514052cc5_z.jpg

19992961350_acfe73e94f_c.jpg

Looks very good! That "greeble" (engine) deck behind the cockpit looks especially nice!

I guess this round goes to you! Fantastic job on the Howlrunner, although it really isn't the prettiest starfighter around :grin:

I agree the original design of the Howlrunner is ugly. I tried to make it look a little bit more respectable :tongue:

This is a very nice model.

Im wondering, how do you start on something good like this?

I'm not very good at thinking outside the instructions.

Edited by Frostyfeet

This is a very nice model.

Im wondering, how do you start on something good like this?

I'm not very good at thinking outside the instructions.

Thanks!

If you're asking me, I usually need to start with a key idea, and then grow the build from that, and do several iterations of fine tuning.

This ship in particular was based on an existing model, so I took what I considered the key elements and thought how I could put them thogether. The key section for me was the "shoulders", where the cannons are mounted. I tried that first and liked it, then I thought that I could extend them all the way to the back and align them with the wings, and from there the ship took form.

This looks amazing!!! Absolutely love how it looks smooth and compact with that snot technique!

Edited by Lego Fett

I've always loved the Howlrunner but could never find a good LEGO rendition. Until now. 10/10 boi

Immediately recognizable as an Imperial vessel! So many forms and lines aww man I can't tell what part of the MOC i'm liking more. Just have these, all of these :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This rendition of the Howlrunner is spectacular, I love the greebling and the lines of the ship!  It's so sleek.  The power generator and shield array in particular are stellar.  I know that this is an old post and I hate to be "that guy", but do you have any tips or instructions on how to replicate this?  Thanks! :)

On 10/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, DrMuttonchops said:

This rendition of the Howlrunner is spectacular, I love the greebling and the lines of the ship!  It's so sleek.  The power generator and shield array in particular are stellar.  I know that this is an old post and I hate to be "that guy", but do you have any tips or instructions on how to replicate this?  Thanks! :)

I'm glad you like it. Unfortunately I don't have any instructions, but the ship isn't that complicated other than the "wings", so hopefully a pic of the underside will give you a good idea of how to do it

37822075411_14d11535c6_z.jpg

Edited by naugem