Sign in to follow this  
Ephseb

[SWEU] - Cat. B. - FreiTek E-Wing Starfighter

Hello EB community! My entry for the SWEU Contest (Category: Starships) is the E-Wing Starfighter.

Commissioned by the New Republic during the Thrawn campaign as a replacement for the X-Wing, the E-Wing remained in service until after the Yuuzhan Vong War. E-Wings were often carried into battle by Endurance-class Fleet Carriers, MC90 Star Cruisers and Imperial-II-class Star Destroyers.

Since the NJO novels aren't eligible for the contest, this fighter is active during the Black Fleet Crisis, particularly the Battle of ILC-905. (from: Tyrant's Test)

You can find details, technical specifications and reference pictures on Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wiki...ort_starfighter

Pictures:

Link to the album:

[EDITED August 5th, 2015: changed link from Picasa to Flickr]

Edited by Ephseb

try using flickr.com for pictures, works perfectly.

About the ship, it looks very good! Nicely done!

Thank you Alfadas! I started by building the engines and wings, then moved on to the main body and finished with the "snout".

I also tried to put the torpedo launchers somewhere where they wouldn't look too much out of place.

Since it seems to be the go-to-website for hosting pictures, I'll get myself a flickr account asap. I hope my entry counts anyway, regardless of the website linked to.

Edited by Ephseb

I always have problems with making ships, that's why I don't post any here. But starting with the engines might work out for me. Thanks for the tip.

I'm quite sure the website doesn't matter, as long as the pictures look good, which they do. So, I don't think you have to worry about anything. But I don't know anything about this contest/challenge/thing, so I might also be wrong...

Edited by Alfadas

I may make (and link to) another album next week, where I'll show how I approached the construction of the wings and engines.

Please do! It'll be of great use for me, and I'm sure a lot of others struggling to make good looking ships.

Instructions for wingtips and engines coming up on flickr tomorrow! I'll put another link here when they're up.