VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

Seriously hyped. Launching soon?

Probably not until next year. I could be wrong, but it'd be weird for them to launch the series before the respective sets are available or have even been officially revealed.

Probably not until next year. I could be wrong, but it'd be weird for them to launch the series before the respective sets are available or have even been officially revealed.

Seems likely. But maybe a couple of episodes in December just as a short recap of this year's story?

Seems likely. But maybe a couple of episodes in December just as a short recap of this year's story?

I was thinking that they could easily compile this year's animations into an episode if they cut out the recaps and extraneous bits. They could also just put them on there as the normal webisodes and not a compilation.

As to the title... 'Journey To One' pretty obviously references that the Toa must go on a 'Journey' to become 'One' i.e. find the creatures, unify with them, and unify as a team. That statement makes me wonder if there is going to be a Matoran Nui esque combination at the end of the year... And also a bit sad that the 'Unities' are just pegging the creatures onto the back and not full-blown combination models.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Can anyone here with a Netflix account confirm what the page says? It's probably the same, but if there's any noteworthy difference please share.

OH HELLO

The style of the logo implies to me that this will be done in the same style as the current animations. Not that I'm calling it, but that's my guess.

The "logo" is probably nothing more than a placeholder image. Same with "lego bionicle" being all lowercase in the title. I have a feeling this wasn't intended to be revealed this soon.

As if I needed another reason to get Netflix.

I'm intrigued. I want them to keep the animation art style. 2D like we have currently would be great, though I still think it'd be pretty neat if they transitioned that style into 3D. That'd look pretty cool if you ask me.

I am very excited by this! I hope they end up being closer in style to the Hero Factory and Ninjago episodes. The title is intriguing, if not oddly worded. "Journey to One" just sounds a bit odd. I think "Journey of Unity" or something might have been a tad better.

I never really liked the Tinsletown HF episodes(they were the one's that made them right?), even though I liked TLR. I wouldn't necessarily mind a more stylized 2D animation, I just hope it's not exactly like the webisodes this year. But now that I think about it, I'll take anything as long as there are multiple voice actors. And can we please get the gender roles right, TLG? And the slap in the face would be when they swap characters personalities again, Lewa the hotheaded leader, Tahu the cold and mysterious, Gali the brute, Kopaka the Australian, Pohatu the one who they never have do anything, and Onua the one who can fly.

Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating that I bit, but never forget Nex and Evo.

Tinseltown would do great with G2, as long as they got themselves a decent writer onboard. I'd much prefer that over something overly stylised like the Miramax films... [shudders]

Edited by Logan McOwen

Tinseltown doesn't seem to be around anymore, just doing a quick Google search. They did TLR, Clutch Powers, and Hero Factory for LEGO and that seems to be it. LEGO's go-to CGI animator today is WilFilm, they do Ninjago, Chima, Friends, and Star Wars, but they'll have their plate full next year assuming they take up Nexo Knights too. If Journey to One is going to be CGI, it will probably be an entirely new studio.

I'm more interested in the writing and atmosphere here. I hope this show gives us some depth to the Toa, Protectors, Villians, and Okoto itself even if it is a retelling of the 2015 story. A proper music score (not the same song remixed) would be great as well. If this show turns out to be better than the animations I would like to see it tell the main story and leave the web animations to tell side stories.

Edited by Dr_Chronos

I more interested in the writing and atmosphere here.

This absolutely, but for me the animation style is an important and definitive part of the tone and atmosphere of what the story will be. I'm really rooting for Dum!Dum! and Merlin to be staying on BIONICLE because they've demonstrated this year that they are capable of making something very compelling and very BIONICLE. I want to see what they do when they have the breathing room to build a more complete story.

Tinseltown doesn't seem to be around anymore, just doing a quick Google search. They did TLR, Clutch Powers, and Hero Factory for LEGO and that seems to be it. LEGO's go-to CGI animator today is WilFilm, they do Ninjago, Chima, Friends, and Star Wars, but they'll have their plate full next year assuming they take up Nexo Knights too. If Journey to One is going to be CGI, it will probably be an entirely new studio.

Actually, LEGO Legends of Chima was done by M2Film, not WilFilm. M2Film also does the LEGO City CGI shorts and a lot of LEGO TV commercials.

More details. It's actually a LEGO Bionicle series and a LEGO Friends series.

Edited by Aanchir

I actually hope this won't be the style they'll use in the series - this Tahu model is an exact replica of his set, which means it has all of the set's flaws and if we end up getting this in the show - no thank you.

I don't think that styling is the way the episodes will look, but if it is I will be okay with it. It looks like the sets but cell shaded outlines ala Borderlands to me. I really believe that image is just a placeholder to show what Bionicle is though, like they googled 'Bionicle' and that is the first thing that came up.