VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

I noticed it too. You can see more clearly when you alter the image :

-snip-

Thanks for the picture. I assume that's supposed to be the MOUP or Makuta, in either case it looks quite interesting.

I wasn't really subscribing to the idea that Ekimu 2016 was a temporary power-up type thing, but looking at the colored outlines he's got in the poster (a la the Chima figs when they powered up in the show), maybe that's really what's going to go down.

What if his Mask Maker form is actually his stand? That'd be pretty neat, honestly.

Whoa that definitely does look like a Mask. I wouldn't mind if that was the front of the MoUP, it looks quite cool and menacing.

That poster is just phenomenal. Mad props to Volta for designing it. And I wonder what that face is...

That poster is just phenomenal. Mad props to Volta for designing it. And I wonder what that face is...

It's just sad parts of it are reversed, most notably Kopaka and the fact the evil is usually portrayed on the right and good on the left which here is reversed to that of the set poster.

I can brush it off but things like Kopaka's mask being inverted shouldn't happen outside of the catalogs.

Thanks for the pic, Leewan!

If that's our Mask of Ultimate Power, it's going to be incredible. Even if it's not, it's gotta look good. It's rightly terrifying. Menacing grin and evil cat eyes.

It's just sad parts of it are reversed, most notably Kopaka and the fact the evil is usually portrayed on the right and good on the left which here is reversed to that of the set poster.

I can brush it off but things like Kopaka's mask being inverted shouldn't happen outside of the catalogs.

It shouldn't happen IN the catalogs either, but that doesn't stop it from happening. :P

The mold of the Mask Of Ultimate Power was seen in the second graphic novel right?

I was browsing another website and came across a post that showed it. The mask seemed to look incredibly similar to the mask of light.

The mold of the Mask Of Ultimate Power was seen in the second graphic novel right?

I was browsing another website and came across a post that showed it. The mask seemed to look incredibly similar to the mask of light.

It was the Mask of time's upper part, it was looking pretty final and different enough to the one on the poster

We'we only seen the MoUp thus far with just red eyes and six prongs sticking under a thin black smoke and now possibly on that second poster.

Re-examing the poster, I see Pohatu's legs are cracked and glowing green... I wonder how this is caused...

Also, there's a strange series of hexagons near UtD's eyes. Perhaps it is just stylizing, but it doesn't really make sense..

It was the Mask of time's upper part, it was looking pretty final and different enough to the one on the poster

We'we only seen the MoUp thus far with just red eyes and six prongs sticking under a thin black smoke and now possibly on that second poster.

No I mean that on another web site I saw a panel where Makuta himself was holding the mold of the mask then set it down again. It was in the forge.

No I mean that on another web site I saw a panel where Makuta himself was holding the mold of the mask then set it down again. It was in the forge.

It surprised me quite a bit when somebody took a notice that it was just his glove that he wore on the previous image.

http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/optimized/3X/0/1/015be3656919ed193f21e36fb7564e2dbadc4def_1_690x475.png

Edited by GK733

I don't believe it's the official design of the MoUP due to how it's obscured and slightly featureless. the mask of Time was displayed in full view of every detail which is done with official designs. you can chalk up the small glimpses of the MoUP as a narrative way to keep its mystery while showcasing it in the plot but most likely it is either not ready to be presented or not even finalized in-house.

we saw the mask of time featured prominently in the more recent graphic novels and we see a mask passing a resemblance to it in the poster. we may be getting the mask of time then.

I don't believe it's the official design of the MoUP due to how it's obscured and slightly featureless. the mask of Time was displayed in full view of every detail which is done with official designs. you can chalk up the small glimpses of the MoUP as a narrative way to keep its mystery while showcasing it in the plot but most likely it is either not ready to be presented or not even finalized in-house.

we saw the mask of time featured prominently in the more recent graphic novels and we see a mask passing a resemblance to it in the poster. we may be getting the mask of time then.

Isn't it kinda obvious that it's obscured and slightly featureless in these media? The mask hasn't been officially revealed yet, so it makes sense that they give teasers but conceal it, no ? I find that to be far more logical than your explanation that this would be "chalking up things" because the design isn't ready :P Given the hints and teasers they've given with the Vahi in the past, this shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone that we get a tease of the MoUP. Given that they planned three years in advance, the MoUP would have been one of the first to be made.

Also, I don't really see any resemblance to the upper half of the mask of time. Except for the the fact that it has these sidewards projecting things, it is rather different. Just look at the poster and put the image of the upper half next to it :P

-Iben

Yeah, neat that we got a little preview for Season 2 from those storyboards. Very curious as to what Umarak must be up to.

And also, yes, Ekimu's falcon. Gosh darn it, now I really do have to get it if he's appearing in story media.

EDIT: Found the image I was talking about.

Oh that. It's still pretty flat and doesn't offer anything new really.

It's clearly just based on the one in the animations.

Edited by GK733

Some of those background and character designs are amazing. Volta was such a good choice for this series.

I really like that poster and I'm intrigued by the MOUP(?) above the volcano. I'm hoping other Toa (like Onua!) get more of the spotlight this time around like Lewa and Pohatu did in the last 2 episodes.

The trailer look really good. And surprisingly The jaw piece actually looks good on Umarak when its right up against the mask. I might have to see if I can replicate that on the actual set.

Very cool lava beast art.

http://tomycase.devi...-Lava-619498611

That awesome artwork from Tomycase (one of my favourite artists, btw) is the scientific evidence that G1 is objectively superior to G2 in at least one aspect: style of the comics.

I'll never be tired of saying that they did an awful job in that departement, something I fail to understand especially since last year we got animations in a very nice style that could be recycled without problems.