VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

I am totally down for a Bionicle story in a hellish underworld setting. Hell, it might even explain the origins of the Skull army.

I am totally down for a Bionicle story in a hellish underworld setting. Hell, it might even explain the origins of the Skull army.

An another thing why I think this means an actual Hell considering Ryder said in the TTV interview that this third book

will explain the skulls origins.

Edited by GK733

An another thing why I think this means an actual Hell considering Ryder said in the TTV interview that this third book

will explain the skulls origins.

Wait really? In what interview did he say that? The second interview?

Having finally gotten around to watching Journey to One, it's animation is really hitting an uncanny valley effect, since it looks like a far smoother, less janky version of that from the Voya Nui Online Game in zoomed-out shots and a more plasticy version of the Mask of Light movie otherwise.

The 2nd Graphic Novel basically confirms a connection between G1 and G2, seeing as Ekimu reveals the Mask of Time to the Protectors and says that it is the upper half of a mask called Vahi.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the picture here, but this has also been discussed on TTV Message Boards.

The 2nd Graphic Novel basically confirms a connection between G1 and G2, seeing as Ekimu reveals the Mask of Time to the Protectors and says that it is the upper half of a mask called Vahi.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the picture here, but this has also been discussed on TTV Message Boards.

The new Vahi looks incredibly cool!!!

Yup, it sure does. It's probably on par with the Mocr for me. Also, it doesn't look like a design the artist came up with - rather it looks like it was copied from a real life Lego piece..

Yup, it sure does. It's probably on par with the Mocr for me. Also, it doesn't look like a design the artist came up with - rather it looks like it was copied from a real life Lego piece..

That indeed.

The book also shows a glimpse of the MouP, confirming it has the six pointers and at least a bit of red,

I love that they made Makuta sympathetic but don't understand why later on in the novel Ekimu suggests Makuta is naturally evil and that Ekimu knew it in his heart...it's a bit odd. Love that the protectors have their masks made its the crystals of the elemental creatures. I very much enjoyed seeing Makuta try to present the MoUP in a museum AND I think it's confirmed that perhaps the MoUP is a like to the one ring....Makuta tries to control it, but it instead controls him! And the Vahi is gorgeous...I will absolutely buy the set it comes with next year. Great novel.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

While I'm not ruling out a connection between the two universes (it's looking increasingly plausible, and with new insights into how old the Mask of Time is, it's getting easier to narrow down the ways they might be connected), it's also not impossible for the mask of time to have the same name in two unconnected continuities. So we still don't have absolute confirmation that G1 and G2 are part of the same continuity. Sorry if I sound like a skeptic/wet blanket!

Somebody linked the specific page this was from on BZPower. The new Mask of Time's design is pretty cool. Ekimu states that it's older than Okoto, its world, and even the stars, so if Okoto and the G1 universe are part of the same linear continuity, then Okoto comes to exist in the incredibly distant future. I'm still contemplating the possibility that the G2 universe might have come about via the G1 universe being entirely reconstituted. Perhaps the creation of the second half of the Mask of Time might have something to do with that, reshaping time itself? But that might be too elaborate and confusing to make sense as a connection. Tough to say.

Whoa! The Vahi! An airship! "The mask is composed of two halves"... I'm dying!

Edit: Here you go, Kalhiki!

d679a791360deab449856128409ad42bebd5d0e9.png

Edited by Junior Shark

And again Bionicle comes of better in print format than it does in video :P Maybe I should just give up on JtO and read the novels and comics instead

I wonder when the next two episodes of Journey to One are coming out.

July, I think. Can't find where that was announced though.

Thanks, Junior!

And wow. I love how tribal it looks. And a G1 connection seems more and more like a thing. I still would prefer the continuities to be separate, but I guess it could work... Somehow...

(I'll differentiate the two mask as G2: Mask of Time and G1: Vahi)

It seems the Mask of Time can peer into other realms. Maybe space and time is the full power of both masks? I do like Aanch's idea of the whole universe being reconstituted. We could have some serious inter-dimensional shenanigans taking place. Like, plucking the Toa out of an alternate timeline/dimension that doesn't exist anymore.

I'm just confused about one thing. The Vahi was never "half a mask" in the sense that it was incomplete. Sure it looks like half, but there was never a top half to begin with. So why would it have a second half...? I guess it could've been tampered with and the Mask of Time was made to make it "whole." I don't know.

I like it. Can't wait to get it in set form. And really hope it's designed to fit the Vahi on bottom. That would be the greatest of all hidden features.

Aw I can't seem to upload another pic of the Vahi....the file's too big. Love its design....I get a lot of Master Lewa vibe from it, does anyone else too?

Edited by lambda_cla3391

Maybe Voporak did something to the mask. He escaped with it, right? We were never told why he wants it if I remember correctly. Maybe it had something to do with a second half. Not sure why at this point.

So who's gonna be the first to photoshop the two halves together?

Here you go... It looks a tad odd, though. Not sure if I did it right.

26055793003_b9106b3c24_o.png

I feel like the combination would look a lot better if the sides of the G1 Vahi were either gone or angled differently. Regardless, I really like the design of the top half. I'm hoping we get it in set form at some point.

Edited by Mesonak