VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

d57864e35f37453ce40904bbf31be0cbda370f07.png

A head and parts from Ekimu (golden), UmarK(claws and traps), Onua, Tahu and Kulta?

Did he really consume them like Krekka and Nidiki in G1?

And someone said about another model of Makuta with Ekimu's mask.

Can he really?..

Edited by Illarion

A head and parts from Ekimu (golden), UmarK(claws and traps), Onua, Tahu and Kulta?

Can he really?..

If anything, he 'absorbed' Ekimu only. Explains the golden parts he has in the trailer. Edited by Hisstori

*snip*

Can he really?..

By that logic, Hahli Inika absorbed Bordakh because she had his lower legs as forearms... Really, just because a model uses parts we've seen in other model doesn't mean anything... it's Lego after all.

Quoting myself (I know, it feels pretentious, but it's the best way to introduce my point) from the Sets thread since that post dabbled a bit into storyline stuff:

At this point, I think it's safe to say that the gunmetal Makuta and the red and black MoUP from the 2015 animations are non-canon (and irrelevant for future sets) at this point, and that purple and gold have stayed as Makuta's main colours even after the MoUP corruption. The MoUP itself is either purple (JtO flashback), black (JtO episode 4), or a mix of the two, plus a possible gold variant, but no red at all there.

Adding to that, just a few observations:

-The MoUP has constantly been shown with dark colours, but the Jto trailer shows Umarak holding mysterious golden shards, and now a (possibly real) banner from a leaked catalogue shows a gold MoUP. Could it be that the MoUP is gold in its base form but gets black/purple/etc when it's powered up? Gold to black, would be a nice throwback to the Ignika in G1.

-The MoUP doesn't have any runes carved on it, unlike the other two legendary Masks. Not groundbreaking (I wasn't really expecting it to have them), and I don't think there are going to be storyline implications for that. Just wanted to point it out. Personally I like that it forgoes the "sacred, ancient artifact" feel of the other Masks in favour of harsh, smooth, alien shapes.

I'm 99% sure we'll get a golden MoUP. It's the flagship mask of 2017, just like the MoCr and MoCo were for '15 and '16. On the other hand I think it may very well be possible for us to get a trans-purple or black MoUP in summer. If there ever will be a summer 2017 for BIONICLE, of course.

*watching last JTO episode* *sees ending*

WHAT?!

Well, that was disappointing.

No, I'm not gonna spoil anything.

Edited by Jetrax99

Woah... Great episodes, but man, that ending...

Sidebar - If the JtO Makuta is a combiner, then what sets is he made of? Thanks!

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Tahu Uniter, Onua Uniter, LoSS, Ikir, Kulta, Ekimu (2015) and Lava Beast/Umarak.

I'm seeing nothing but disdain for the ending of JtO.

I'm now both looking forward to and dreading watching it. Eugh.

Edited by Logan McOwen

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Tahu Uniter, Onua Uniter, LoSS, Ikir, Kulta, Ekimu (2015) and Lava Beast/Umarak.

Can confirm that that the previous guess was accurate:

*LOSS

*Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder

*Ikir

*Tahu 2016

*Onua 2016

*Umarak the Hunter

*Umarak the Destroyer

I'm seeing nothing but disdain for the ending of JtO.

I'm now both looking forward to and dreading watching it. Eugh.

Whatever it has to say about the line itself, it's a remarkably enjoyable story.

Can confirm that that the previous guess was accurate:

*LOSS

*Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder

*Ikir

*Tahu 2016

*Onua 2016

*Umarak the Hunter

*Umarak the Destroyer

So is this a LEGO-confirmed list of sets for Makuta? Also, any news of the MoUP's release? (DVD Bonus Mask?)

Thank you Dorek! :)

So is this a LEGO-confirmed list of sets for Makuta? Also, any news of the MoUP's release? (DVD Bonus Mask?)

Thank you Dorek! :)

Can't say anything else, the official announcement will explain it all.

But believe it or not the list of sets actually came from the designers themselves; I got to hang with Corvin, Nick, and Niek in Denmark for a bit (shout out B6 for introducing me), and the model was all them, so they told me what went into it.

Edit: ALSO jk I got the wrong time zone, it will actually be the 31st, sorry.

Official statement coming Saturday, just so nobody has a panic attack.

Lego will make a statement on Bionicle? Good or bad news, that's going to be interesting.

I can see the announcement leading to one of these 3 scenarios:

1) The line is over, full stop. But does a dying line really need an announcement of its ending?

2) The line has been rebooted to explore more profitable stories and sets.

3) The line is over but, like Lego has done with other themes in the past, we're getting a special mega uber Collector's Edition set to end the line with a bang. Which could be Makuta, and that could be the reason they revealed him so early.

I can see the announcement leading to one of these 3 scenarios:

1) The line is over, full stop. But does a dying line really need an announcement of its ending?

2) The line has been rebooted to explore more profitable stories and sets.

3) The line is over but, like Lego has done with other themes in the past, we're getting a special mega uber Collector's Edition set to end the line with a bang. Which could be Makuta, and that could be the reason they revealed him so early.

I mean...maybe Bionicle continues? I don't personally see it...I think the third option is the likely scenario

Well I haven't gotten to watching those episodes- what was the ending that has sent everyone into a tizzy?

Well I haven't gotten to watching those episodes- what was the ending that has sent everyone into a tizzy?

Just... watch them and see... It's best not to know exactly about the ending before you see it for yourself.

The Toa sacrifice their powers to keep Makuta trapped in the Shadow Realm forever, then return to the stars from which they came from. The episode ends with Izotor sitting with young Okotans by the campfire, saying that "this is the legend of Bionicle". He still hints that the Toa may return though.