VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

But if you think about it, why isn't there going to be any new magazines in Italy? Well' I've found two simple reasons. The happier reason (not in Italy though) is simply LEGO isn't shipping the magazines to Italy. (Why???) The sadly sadder reason is because Bionicle is finishing in 2017. (NOOOO) Not too suprising, but sad.

Italy is a secondary market for LEGO (we don't even have a single LEGO store in the whole country). Constraction, having itself a narrower market share when compared to brick-based themes, is substantially nonexistent in Italy.

Yet, both of your theories may be true. BIONICLE may end in 2017 and Italy may not receive anymore issues of the magazine, a magazine that may very well still be distributed in more profitable areas like Germany and UK.

By the way I read the comics contained in the magazine: just as I thought, the artstyle STINKS. And there's literally nothing else amongst those pages, except a couple of your run-of-the-mill games like "draw a line from point A to point B". In short, I personally verified that the magazine is mostly a ploy to sell the comics. Nothing wrong with that, as I already said, plus the polybags are welcome additions.

Italy is a secondary market for LEGO (we don't even have a single LEGO store in the whole country). Constraction, having itself a narrower market share when compared to brick-based themes, is substantially nonexistent in Italy.

Yet, both of your theories may be true. BIONICLE may end in 2017 and Italy may not receive anymore issues of the magazine, a magazine that may very well still be distributed in more profitable areas like Germany and UK.

Thanks for clearing that up TwistLaw. Do you know when the same magazine will come out in a different country? Or do they all come out at the same tim? If the same stamp specifing that this is indeed the last magazine is on the others, then our worst dream may just come true. Or mine anyway: Bionicle will end in 2017. I really want it to continue, but the market for Bionicle has narrowed making it harder to sell a set.

Edited by Anthony12901

Bionicle G2 was always going to at least end in 2017. I don't see what is so bad about that. I'm enjoying the sets as they come out and when it ends I'll be pretty happy I got to see at least one generation of Bionicle from beginning to end.

As cool as that would be for it to continue for another couple of years I'd rather see it go with a good three years then to try and milk the line.

http://www.toyassoci...1e#.V2xXnFeMC9Y

Also according to that page, action figures as well as brick building toys have rose over the past few years. Granted not at the same rate, but still growing. (At least in the U.S.)

Edited by MrHerofan

If the same stamp specifing that this is indeed the last magazine is on the others, then our worst dream may just come true. Or mine anyway: Bionicle will end in 2017.

Why are you being so dramatic ? The publication of only two magazines is hardly a clue towards Bionicle's ending (which has always been planned to be in 2017, as mentioned by MrHerofan).

The first issue has been published on the 1st June in Germany, and it doesn't say that the next issue will be the last one (however, it says the second one will be released in August). It came out in France today, and the release date for the second issue is 14th October (closer to Italy). Again, no mention of it being the last. We will also have the first novel and graphic novel in the next few months, but I haven't found them on Amazon.de and Amazon.it. I haven't searched in the others countries.

Oof, finally. Was told the UK version was coming, but didn't have a firm date. Will wait for that to import =)

Bionicle G2 was always going to at least end in 2017. I don't see what is so bad about that.

One thing is ending within your planned expire date, another one is ending as the biggest failure in LEGO's constraction departement since the century began. (please, don't mention that thing that begins with G- and ends with -alidor)

http://www.toyassoci...1e#.V2xXnFeMC9Y

Also according to that page, action figures as well as brick building toys have rose over the past few years. Granted not at the same rate, but still growing. (At least in the U.S.)

That's pretty cool and contradicts the notion that action figures are on the decline in the US, at least up to recent years.

So yeah, a little more faith in BIONICLE wouldn't have hurt.

Read escape from the underworld this morning, and I enjoyed it quite a bit! Really nice to see some background for kulta and the skulls. I'd encourage anyone interested in G2 to buy it and give it a read.

I also read Escape from the Underworld, and I have quite the opposite take on it. Way too many loose ends, a thumbs up for effort, very straight forward story....overall, I did not enjoy it at all. But that's just me.

I read a summary of the book on 4chan and... MY GOD IT'S AWESOME.

That's really the kind of stuff G2 needed to prove itself worth of discussion. This one and Revenge of the Skull Spiders are awesome pieces of writing that really get you into the mood of Okoto and its whole new world.

Too bad that's the last book, would have been really interesting to explore other side stories like these.

I would read it but the Kindle version still isn't available for some reason...

I got the kindle version this morning, that's very strange. It's still available for me.

And is it confirmed to be the last book? I'm hoping it's not true, I'm enjoying them so far. They really help the story develop and grow, and I'd gladly look forward to more.

I got the kindle version this morning, that's very strange. It's still available for me.

And is it confirmed to be the last book? I'm hoping it's not true, I'm enjoying them so far. They really help the story develop and grow, and I'd gladly look forward to more.

Per our interview with Ryder Windham, yeah, it's the last book that he's involved in. Lego could always revive the series with a new author or contract Ryder Windham to write more stories, but at least for now, that's all.

Can I get the link from where you got it? Everytime I try to search for it, it tells me it isn't available for purchase.

It pleases me that Pohatu is front and center. I like Pohatu and am glad he's been a pretty key character this year.

I wasn't really subscribing to the idea that Ekimu 2016 was a temporary power-up type thing, but looking at the colored outlines he's got in the poster (a la the Chima figs when they powered up in the show), maybe that's really what's going to go down.

I will admit that this poster does have a larger feel to it than the first one did. The thing I like most though is that Umarak's horn's are actually gold all the way.

you can just make out what I can see as a mask or evil eyes. Makuta!!!

I noticed it too. You can see it more clearly when you alter the image :

sans_t10.png

I noticed it too. You can see more clearly when you alter the image :

Thanks for this! It looks lovely :)

Edited by Leewan
Picture removed