VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

For those of you who are interested in the BIONICLE magazine that was released in Germany today:

- The comic is a translation of the first 20 pages of the first graphic novel.

- The German translation is (for the most part) excellent.

- The Toa are called "uniters" even in their 2015 form. (Probably for marketing reasons.)

- The next issue will be released on August 11th; it will contain another small BIONICLE-inspired set ("Ekimu's hawk"), and, apparently, the rest of the first graphic novel (30 pages).

I think that covers the most important stuff. For those of you who speak German, I've written an article that is a bit more in-depth. For those of you who don't, you can try automatic translation, but I wouldn't recommend it. It messes up a lot. :)

Edited by Toa-Nuva

For those of you who are interested in the BIONICLE magazine that was released in Germany today:

- The comic is a translation of the first 20 pages of the first graphic novel.

- The German translation is (for the most part) excellent.

- The Toa are called "uniters" even in their 2015 form. (Probably for marketing reasons.)

- The next issue will be released on August 11th; it will contain another small BIONICLE-inspired set ("Ekimu's hawk"), and, apparently, the rest of the first graphic novel (30 pages).

I think that covers the most important stuff. For those of you who speak German, I've written an article that is a bit more in-depth. For those of you who don't, you can try automatic translation, but I wouldn't recommend it. It messes up a lot. :)

Awesome news! Thank you for sharing!

It's kind of funny — I think the LEGO Ninjago and LEGO Friends graphic novels from Little, Brown so far (other than the upcoming LEGO Ninjago Dark Island Trilogy) have been adaptations of the comics from the European magazines. This is the first instance I know where it's been the other way around. Well, aside from some of the old Ninjago magazines from 2012, which I believe had comics adapted from the Papercutz graphic novels.

August 11th, huh? I guess this means the magazine will be roughly bi-monthly, like LEGO Club Magazine is in the United States. That's not as often as the LEGO Friends, Nexo Knights, Ninjago, and Star Wars magazines. But it's still more often than the LEGO Elves magazines, which are semi-annually. I guess it depends somewhat on the size of the theme.

Is there a picture showing what Ekimu's Hawk will look like? I'm used to those kinds of teasers appearing in the other magazines.

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Ekimu's Hawk? Can't wait for pics of that. I'd love to see Ekimu with a pet bird.

"Hawk" actually might be the wrong word - the correct translation seems to be "falcon". The German word is "Falke", so I have no idea why "hawk" was the first thing that came to my mind. :D

Yes, there's a picture: https://imgur.com/rrdTZdm

The text below the set says:

"Exclusive set:

Ekimu's falcon!

Can sit on the Mask Maker's arm!"

They made it compatible! That's super cool. Much love to the designers for that.

Oh, adorable! I love that it can sit on his arm! Great use of System parts for its head as well, and its color scheme is reasonably coherent. Really nice!

Hawk, Falcon, I don't care. I want it. That is super cool and adorable.

I'll need to order some parts from Bricks and Pieces and build the little guy!

Best bet for the two rare gold pieces at the moment seems to be Lloyd and dragon dimensions fun pack: http://www.bricklink...v.asp?S=71239-1

Rare? The tooth piece may be rare (only in three sets so far, though it'll be in more in the summer), but the bucket handle is in a whopping 33 sets, and comes as an extra in every one of them!

It is true that that Dimensions pack is the best bet for getting both of those gold System parts, though, while the other gold parts have all come in Bionicle and Hero Factory sets in the past.

That bird is beautiful and has officially convinced me to buy Ekimu 2.0 this summer just so I can then Bricklink the bird for him.

There doesn't appear to be an update, on my end at least. Pulled up the app and nothing seems new. The Apple store and Google Play pages seem the same, too.

EDIT: Looks like it isn't out in the US yet, just Russia at least. Here's the image.

Edited by Tazakk

There doesn't appear to be an update, on my end at least. Pulled up the app and nothing seems new. The Apple store and Google Play pages seem the same, too.

EDIT: Looks like it isn't out in the US yet, just Russia at least. Here's the image.

Yeah I don't have the update yet either. :/

So was anyone able to make it through Journey to One or will it's ending be forever lost in a bland fog of low effort cartoon?

So was anyone able to make it through Journey to One or will it's ending be forever lost in a bland fog of low effort cartoon?

They finished it about a month ago if I recall correctly. It's done but it doesn't air until July.

I'm pretty sure everyone.

Edited by Voxovan

So having finally played some of the new Mask of Control game, I have a few things to say, wonder about, etc.

Firstly, where are the beasts? They have Umarak (who by the way is AWESOME in the game....makes me want to build the set that much more). Second, Onua's chest is gold...which makes me wonder whether he was supposed to be mostly gold, but they changed his design later on...or it could be the game design only had access to the original versions of the Toa. Third, playing as Gali is my favourite thing about the game so far......she just is awesome. Kudos to Onua too, he's a pretty fun character to use.

On an unrelated note, I really, really hope we get at least a third wave of Toa....I would love to see their final designs.

So having finally played some of the new Mask of Control game, I have a few things to say, wonder about, etc.

Firstly, where are the beasts? They have Umarak (who by the way is AWESOME in the game....makes me want to build the set that much more). Second, Onua's chest is gold...which makes me wonder whether he was supposed to be mostly gold, but they changed his design later on...or it could be the game design only had access to the original versions of the Toa. Third, playing as Gali is my favourite thing about the game so far......she just is awesome. Kudos to Onua too, he's a pretty fun character to use.

On an unrelated note, I really, really hope we get at least a third wave of Toa....I would love to see their final designs.

Having made good use of the silver chestplates on Gali and Lewa in a 2016 Wairuha MOC, I almost wish Onua's chestplate HAD been gold. While the black chestplate definitely looks good on him, having two chestplates in matching colors would definitely make it easier to balance a 2016 Akamai's color scheme.

I also hope we get a third wave of toa. Taking in the best aspects of 2015 and 2016 delivered in one neat package. I also hope we get vehicles of some sort. I really miss vehicles like the Axalara T9. While it is unlikely to see that large of a vehicle it'd be nice to see them again.