VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

bonnotoboes

bonnotoboes BONNOTOBOES BONNOTOBOES!!

Gah, y'all are killing me with the new graphic novel stuff! :cry_sad: Mine's coming in the mail today. :excited:

Edited by Junior Shark

The graphic novel was amazing! Really some much needed world building!

Also the graphic novel mentions that Ekimu is confident he can rebuild his airship. Could this be a hint to a possible vehicle set in 2017? Probably not but it's interesting to think about.

Also the graphic novel mentions that Ekimu is confident he can rebuild his airship. Could this be a hint to a possible vehicle set in 2017? Probably not but it's interesting to think about.

That would be the biggest Bionicle vehicle set, like, ever. Hmmm... Bionicle UCS/D2C Ekimu's Airship? :laugh: Who am I kidding, I'd be all over that. :wub:

Just read the graphic novel. :purrr: The worldbuilding is on point. I will confess to being one of the many who have been unsatisfied with G2's worldbuilding up to this point. This reverses that in a very big way. I'm still incredibly confused by the multiple names on the Protector statues, though.

Just read the graphic novel. :purrr: The worldbuilding is on point. I will confess to being one of the many who have been unsatisfied with G2's worldbuilding up to this point. This reverses that in a very big way. I'm still incredibly confused by the multiple names on the Protector statues, though.

Ahem.

Confirmed proper titles for each Protector role, as separate from the two names we already have for each (Ex. Agarak is the old PoJ, Vizuna is the current PoJ, the title of the Protector of Jungle is "Jagiri")

I got the new graphic novel yesterday. I'm going to have to parrot what everybody else is saying, as it really is very good.

Confirmed proper titles for each Protector role, as separate from the two names we already have for each (Ex. Agarak is the old PoJ, Vizuna is the current PoJ, the title of the Protector of Jungle is "Jagiri")

Quote from Windham or it's not canon. :sweet:

The graphic novels aren't canon? :wink:

It's not nessecarily that, it's just that those terms are thrown out there with no explanation on what they are.

I suspect they are the region's names or the Protector's titles (maybe even alternate names) but alas, no confirmation yet.

It's not nessecarily that, it's just that those terms are thrown out there with no explanation on what they are.

I suspect they are the region's names or the Protector's titles (maybe even alternate names) but alas, no confirmation yet.

Mm, I hadn't considered Region names. I'm pretty sure they're titles, but I guess you're right that we still need confirmation.

But given that we've yet to see the word "Kulta" outside of the Lego Magazine, we might never get confirmation...

Exactly. Incredibly, having a secondary random name is not indicative of anything. :D

Maybe Jagiri is another past PoJ (this is not my theory, it's in BIOSector01).

Anyway, the two episodes for 2016 are on the site now. Which means I subscribed to Netflix for nothing.

Oh well, at least now I can see some more Marvel shows.

Maybe Jagiri is another past PoJ (this is not my theory, it's in BIOSector01).

Anyway, the two episodes for 2016 are on the site now. Which means I subscribed to Netflix for nothing.

Oh well, at least now I can see some more Marvel shows.

Those aren't the full versions of the episodes.

>my face when in a year or so it's confirmed that G1 and G2 are connected

come on, it's obvious. The only single artifact that retains its name from G1 is the mask of time used to summon the Toa by evoking the power of past and future. This is BIONICLE's first reboot, it doesn't have to follow the same rules other reboots did, and as far as I know there are no laws in Denmark prohibiting the connection of two continuities in fictional stories. We have no concrete data in hand, but stating as a fact that the two timelines are not connected is just ridiculous. Being a sequel and sharing a connection are two completely different things.

ma2qglo.png

>my face when in a year or so it's confirmed that G1 and G2 are connected

come on, it's obvious. The only single artifact that retains its name from G1 is the mask of time used to summon the Toa by evoking the power of past and future. This is BIONICLE's first reboot, it doesn't have to follow the same rules other reboots did, and as far as I know there are no laws in Denmark prohibiting the connection of two continuities in fictional stories. We have no concrete data in hand, but stating as a fact that the two timelines are not connected is just ridiculous. Being a sequel and sharing a connection are two completely different things.

I completely disagree....if they have any twist planned for G2, it's that even though there are hints of both generations being connected, they are not in any way connected. It's also not that obvious....the Vahi keeps its name, but so do the Toa from the original series. The lower half doesn't need to be the mask of time from G1....also I don't remember the original Vahi being able to travel to other dimensions (if the connection is that kind)...because it wouldn't make sense for Okoto to be the future or past..whatever

I completely disagree....if they have any twist planned for G2, it's that even though there are hints of both generations being connected, they are not in any way connected. It's also not that obvious....the Vahi keeps its name, but so do the Toa from the original series. The lower half doesn't need to be the mask of time from G1....also I don't remember the original Vahi being able to travel to other dimensions (if the connection is that kind)...because it wouldn't make sense for Okoto to be the future or past..whatever

Again, this is just speculation and I don't think it would be safe to say "they're connected!" nor "they're not!", but I think there are a couple of hints that should direct us towards the former. As far as the powers of the Vahi are concerned, G2's Vahi may be a "sister mask" of G1, being able to function also as a Olmak of sorts having that special something that only Vahis of different dimensions have.

Speculation, I said, but I don't like people stating facts so early.

by the way edit your post lambda, before vvbn does it (no need to quote an image just above your post)

I completely disagree....if they have any twist planned for G2, it's that even though there are hints of both generations being connected, they are not in any way connected.

Then why are there hints of both generations being connected...?

Let me sum up:

- the Toa are said to be timeless heroes, coming from another time and space

- the Toa don't remember their past after their arrival to Okoto

- there is G1 Vahi appearing in literally every episode of 1st season of 2015 animations

- there is a Mask of Time in G2 that is said to be the upper half of a mask called Vahi

- G1 Vahi clearly looks like the bottom half of a mask

- out of all masks from G1, Vahi is the only one which name appears in the reboot, I wonder why, since the other masks are simply called, well, Masks?

Saying there is no connection between the two generations FOR SURE is simply ridiculous.

They are building the story towards the possibility of having such connection. I am not saying there is one but denying the possibility is just being ignorant to the information and the way it's being presented.

Surely while writing these lines they thought to themselves that many, many people will relate this Vahi to the original in their head, even more so because it's been teased from the start, knowing that they are giving false hope for a connection if there isn't one. It wasn't the story team either who made this book, it was Ryder who wrote and likely discussed these points with the team. If it isn't the original mask it's a plot point deliberately made to mislead.

Would they deliberately forge this mislead?

That's the actual question.