VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

From Onua's video it seems that the Toa need to improve themselves to the creatures to gain their trust, and reveal the map to the MoCo.

Edited by MrHerofan

So as they are all now pushed on Facebook as well can we expect the series to launch rather soon-ish rather than need to wait half of a month or so?

Edited by GK733

I really hope the pacing's good in this series, I don't know how they'll do it all in four episodes. Let's hope that there will be a second season for the summer sets.

While the animations leave a bit to be desired, something fantastic stands out to me: the Toa are actively using elemental powers on a regular basis. This is something we saw little of in G1 outside the comics; not once did the Toa use elemental powers in Legends of Metru Nui (not even Lhikan) for instance. If they keep that up I'll be happy.

While the animations leave a bit to be desired, something fantastic stands out to me: the Toa are actively using elemental powers on a regular basis. This is something we saw little of in G1 outside the comics; not once did the Toa use elemental powers in Legends of Metru Nui (not even Lhikan) for instance. If they keep that up I'll be happy.

I wonder if the guys behind the show based how the Toa use their elemental powers off of Avatar, because I genuinely get an Avatar vibe from the Toa using their elemental powers in the show. Also, good to see that Lewa's jungle powers mean both air and plant life.

I wonder if the guys behind the show based how the Toa use their elemental powers off of Avatar, because I genuinely get an Avatar vibe from the Toa using their elemental powers in the show. Also, good to see that Lewa's jungle powers mean both air and plant life.

It seems they can't summon them from thin air though, Gali for example took all the water she threw at the skull warrior form a nearby well.

Looks more like she pushed Akida out of the way of an energy blast that hit the ground right after she tackled it. Just like Kopaka saves Gali in his video from a big stone block.

Would be cool if they needed to be tamed. Gives an extra little bit of conflict to the sets.

I get the feeling that they will have to. The creatures sound pretty... territorial. Of course, whether they're that way A. in general, B. mistaking the Toa for Umarak, or C. under Umarak's control all remains to be seen (or some combination of the above). But I think there will be some sort of conflict between them at first.

Although I'm wondering what the pacing of the episodes will be like; all of the clips we've seen look like they take place at the Labyrinth of Control, so maybe there's just one episode devoted to taming the creatures?

It seems they can't summon them from thin air though, Gali for example took all the water she threw at the skull warrior form a nearby well.

They probably won't overthink that too much; Tahu will presumably create fire from nothing, so rather than the ill-defined mechanics of G1's elemental powers, I think they'll just use whatever looks good.

It's embarrassing that we're few hours away from february and we still have NO air date for Journey to One.

How's that even serious? I don't know much about Netflix, but I think their exclusives have air dates announced months before.

They probably won't overthink that too much; Tahu will presumably create fire from nothing, so rather than the ill-defined mechanics of G1's elemental powers, I think they'll just use whatever looks good.

Maybe Gali is just a little more cautious than Tahu about draining her own reserves?

It's embarrassing that we're few hours away from february and we still have NO air date for Journey to One.

How's that even serious? I don't know much about Netflix, but I think their exclusives have air dates announced months before.

I'm puzzled about this too, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for more info. It's possible it's been delayed or something but I'm hoping that's not the case. In any event, when it is released it'll presumably be all four episodes at once so I'm not in any huge hurry to see them. I'd just be very disappointed if the teaser we DID get in LEGO Club Magazine turned out to be incorrect.

It does seem rather strange for them to not have a concrete release date, or any other info so close to its release. Even Glitter Force, a relatively low-profile Netflix production, had a fixed release date announced two months before. Hopefully it's not been delayed.

Or canceled. Man, that would suck.

If it was cancelled why would they show the character videos? :/

Edited by Bbrink1996

If it was cancelled why would they show the character videos? :/

Well, that's why I'm hoping that's not the case.

Also, since I can't find the Bionicle 2015 topic (seriously, where did it go?) I'm posting this here: the second graphic novel cover is up on Amazon.

Well, that's why I'm hoping that's not the case.

Also, since I can't find the Bionicle 2015 topic (seriously, where did it go?) I'm posting this here: the second graphic novel cover is up on Amazon.

It's here, but great find! Vague acknowledgement of the power-up forms as being canon? I'll take it.

I'm puzzled about this too, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for more info. It's possible it's been delayed or something but I'm hoping that's not the case. In any event, when it is released it'll presumably be all four episodes at once so I'm not in any huge hurry to see them. I'd just be very disappointed if the teaser we DID get in LEGO Club Magazine turned out to be incorrect.

I get the feeling the whole thing might be rushed and and made in very little time space, so the deadline is left vague.

I could really be wrong of course but what took my notice that despite the game models being stylized after the JtO, Onua for example features full golden chest only seen in the leaks.

Which could indicate that by the time the game was ready, JtO wasn't.

This means, it has been completed only recently/not yet.

Do you think the show will have a theme song? If so, what do you think it would be like?

So far all of them have been rather cringeworthy. Hero Factory didn't had any (if not counting in Breakout in the end titles)

So I'm kinda betting on them having a small intro but using only the Mask of Control Theme. Not an actual theme song.

But really could anything beat the Piraka rap