Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

what if they are going to a give us a crome ip car? you wouldent want to miss that!

I couldn't care less even if it was chrome all over.

What I would like is chrome exhausts on the Volvo and Claas.

Chromed plates as the reflecting side off the rear view mirrors.

I couldn't care less even if it was chrome all over.

What I would like is chrome exhausts on the Volvo and Claas.

Chromed plates as the reflecting side off the rear view mirrors.

i dont say anything negitve about something that i dont like because someone else might want them!

Thats fine if someone else likes it, I am just giving my opinion on the IP car.

The only way it could interest me is maybe for parts.

I am looking for a second hand 8880 supercar now to get a lit of black bricks for my old skool Actros and de side tipping trailer I want to build behind it.

I hope someone fro Lego Technic Designer Team is reading our posts here and they will find out what Lego Fans do want to have. I too think that the BWE will be a disaster in it estimated price range ... Volvo and Claas those are the models that people what to have.

24 day left to see the pictures of H2 sets...

Volvo yes, claas not so much. I mean, you can make a great set out of a tractor and and great set out of a supercar, you can also make a crap set out of them so it's hard to get excited about any of them just yet. But I never really got the appeal of tractors. Some real life tractors are great with their planetary gear reductions, insane electrohyraulic gearboxes and hydraulic steering with many different steering modes but so far every Technic tractor has consisted of no more than rack and pinion steering, fake engine, a small implement that moves when you push it and that's about it. If they aren't going to do any more than that (which they never do when it comes to tractors) then I don't see why such mechanical simplicity should require the set be more than 250 pieces, or more importantly, priced more than $20.

Has there ever been a Technic set where the gearbox was on the axle? The race kart was a pretty interesting build. Not what I was expecting, at all.

Still wishing for Claas -> Volvo -> BWE.

Which is good, I'de never want to change your opinion but I am curious as to why? I know that it could be awesome (a motorised beast with an insane gearbox, new gigantic wheels with tractor/JCB chevron tread and wheel hubs with built in planetary gear reduction and new pf buggy motors and new heavy duty diffs and CV joints WITH THE ALMIGHTY POWER TO HAUL MY 200LB SELF ON A SKATEBOARD! sorry, got carried away!) but it likely won't be that.

Edited by allanp

@nguyengiangoc

Trust me, this is right order :)

Sounds good to me, what about the Ultimate IP Car, any info on that?

Which is good, I'de never want to change your opinion but I am curious as to why?

Because I've always wanted a large-size wheel excavator to complement the 8043, and Volvo EW160E is not just beautiful (I love it the moment I first saw it) but also potentially technically complex (like passing drive axle, outriggers axle, and dozer blade axle through the turntable).

Edited by nguyengiangoc

what about the Ultimate IP Car, any info on that?

Not mentioned - like fire truck. So two options - canceled or some kind of exclusive.

Volvo yes, claas not so much. I mean, you can make a great set out of a tractor and and great set out of a supercar, you can also make a crap set out of them so it's hard to get excited about any of them just yet. But I never really got the appeal of tractors. Some real life tractors are great with their planetary gear reductions, insane electrohyraulic gearboxes and hydraulic steering with many different steering modes but so far every Technic tractor has consisted of no more than rack and pinion steering, fake engine, a small implement that moves when you push it and that's about it. If they aren't going to do any more than that (which they never do when it comes to tractors) then I don't see why such mechanical simplicity should require the set be more than 250 pieces, or more importantly, priced more than $20.

Well, has any technic only-tractor in a set (trailer doesn't count) been over 100€?

It`s aslo a Variable Cab variant, so it will have at least one new function.

Who knows? It could have simple variable steering?

Anyways, I'm sure it will be interesting :wink:

Not mentioned - like fire truck. So two options - canceled or some kind of exclusive.

Confident it's some kind of an exclusive set - like Technic UCS set - I highly doubt it's canceled.

So Volvo will be regular 2H flagship model and Ultimate IP Car will be Technic UCS (that's what I think)

So Volvo will be regular 2H flagship model

Nope. It's the smallest one. Bigger is Class and the biggest is BWE :)

Hm, that's a shame. BWE is an ugly machine ...

Is BWE rc or not?

Hm, that's a shame. BWE is an ugly machine ...

+1. I don't like it too. Of course it is something new that we had not yet but it's going to be be first big set from a long time which I especially don't want to have. But Class :wub:. Looks delicious.

Is BWE rc or not?

At this time I can't tell anything more. You have to wait for Toy Fair :tongue:. But I think it is worth to wait and see :wink:

How can we compare Volvo and Claas in regards to its size/piece count to last years 2H sets?

It's hard to tell, I have no idea how many parts are in sets. Nowadays models which are not super-big (look at Arocs) have a many, many parts. On the other hand set like Silver Champion is wider and longer that mentioned Mercedes but there are about half of parts compare to those in MB.

Is BWE rc or not?

A safe bet is not, because the IP car most likely will be. But im worried about the volvo excavator, for 50 euro we will barely get an empty box with stickers, the license alone probably cost more... therefore the claimed prices for these sets cant be true? so what kinda licensed excavator will we get for only 50 euro? something similar to the one in 42023, both in size and functionality (lever operated)

So maybe we will get a more expensive first digit nr set than the following set - like the volvo is smaller but the claas is the cheapier 50 euro set, that would leave room for the volvo to use some pneumatics to justify its potential.

Go back 20 -30 pages and everybody was happy and enthusiastic about BWE and wishing it to be the Flagship. IMHO Last 3 Flagships were all branded so Volvo has most probability. Given that there is another brand, the Class, the BWE must be the 50 euro set. But I expect in future years a Flagship BWE or at least second size set (unless many of us continue to call it ugly). I only hope we get new interesting colors. 42009, 42030 were yellow and 42043 was grey. We need a more colorful Flagship, Something like blue and white is elegant.

Anybody knows why amazon.de has all sets except 42052?

I see a lot of people talking about cancelling here, but I suppose that doesn't make any sense. What's the bring to market cycle for Lego? 3 years between designing it and being available in the shops? (Not to be confused with 3 years available in the shops.)

So if the process takes a couple of years to complete, I don't think we should expect last minute cancellations or even changes. At least this is how typical consumer goods are designed and brought to market.