Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

the model looked good and finished....it is weird it got cancelled, perhaps there was some build issue...maybe too hard for kids, a new part that was not fit for purpose or maybe copyright issues?...perhaps the model looks like an actual vehicle.

the model looked good and finished....it is weird it got cancelled, perhaps there was some build issue...maybe too hard for kids, a new part that was not fit for purpose or maybe copyright issues?...perhaps the model looks like an actual vehicle.

Thats not the problem since it can looks how it wants, so it was most likely some functional issues ;/

It's like 42003...

I didn't know that there is a sort of set blackhole. From

It looks that 42003 Action Race Car went there. So the TLG quoted statement about 42051 cancellation seems hinting on similar fate?

Edit: Action Race car became 42011, so that seems different story from 42051

Edited by Samer

Like they didn't really feel satisfied with it as it turned out to be after all

Impossible.

If it were like you said, 42050 would have been cancel 1,000 times.

Well I'm disappointed were losing out on a nice looking set. But it'll save on my wallet for later on in the year.

+1

Impossible.

If it were like you said, 42050 would have been cancel 1,000 times.

I don't know, just an idea. I can't think of any other reason why they would cancel it, although as you basically say, the fire truck looked far better as a whole than the drag racer does.

It seems to me they must have been dissatisfied with it somehow.

I don't know, just an idea. I can't think of any other reason why they would cancel it, although as you basically say, the fire truck looked far better as a whole than the drag racer does.

It seems to me they must have been dissatisfied with it somehow.

Nevermind.

I was just being sarcastic. ^^

It's funny, I don't remember there being this much love shown for the fire truck when people thought they were getting it. Now it's cancelled everyone loves it! Maybe if you showed your appreciation for it sooner you'de still be getting it? Personally I don't think I would have got it myself. It looked good with the clever panel use at the front but not that mechanically interesting.

It's funny, I don't remember there being this much love shown for the fire truck when people thought they were getting it.

I had a half-memory that the fire truck took a lot of criticism here. I dug through the thread this morning though and couldn't find harsh words about it. So eh. :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

I had a half-memory that the fire truck took a lot of criticism here. I dug through the thread this morning though and couldn't find harsh words about it. So eh. :classic:

Your memory is right (or mine is wrong too). There was some negativity.

I wonder if anyone from TLG is reviewing our forum and all those post here and in all other places...

It's funny, I don't remember there being this much love shown for the fire truck when people thought they were getting it. Now it's cancelled everyone loves it! Maybe if you showed your appreciation for it sooner you'de still be getting it? Personally I don't think I would have got it myself. It looked good with the clever panel use at the front but not that mechanically interesting.

People desiring the unobtainable is nothing new, welcome to human nature! It still counts even if some people only wanted it for the opportunity to rubbish it "in the plastic," so to speak :wink:

I doubt I would have bought it anyway for what it's worth. Could parts supply be a possible reason for the fire truck being pulled?

Haha, I can only imagine the outrage if the preliminary picture of the fire truck showed red #3 connectors :-D

Just noticed that the U.S. Lego Shop at Home site has the 42052(and the rest of the 1st half Technic sets) Available January 1st...

Which means that they'll probably be at Toys R Us in the next week or so..

Great news. I am happy we get things the same time as the rest of the world this time.

Haha, I can only imagine the outrage if the preliminary picture of the fire truck showed red #3 connectors :-D

+1 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just noticed that the U.S. Lego Shop at Home site has the 42052(and the rest of the 1st half Technic sets) Available January 1st...

Which means that they'll probably be at Toys R Us in the next week or so..

I'm pretty stoked to see the pricing is the same as what I posted a few weeks ago. I'm going to be stalking my local toys r us for the next few weeks