Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Can u provide the link to ToysrUs with the descriptions? I couldn't find that.
I think that they have been taken down

Love the tiny plane looks like a smalller one from the one a few years ago.

Dragster looks like its a Funny Car love the color.

Helicoter looks like a Mil Mi 26 mixed With a Kamov Ka 32 love it.

Nice to see a new Fire Truck.

My hopes are still on the ip car

Interesting that I started trying to build the race kart last night too.

So far I've got this:

img_3579.jpg

Having not figured out the steering mechanism, the rear part of the car is hard to build too. :laugh:

how your go kart going?

how your go kart going?

I've stopped building it anymore and it's like this:

img_3610.jpg

It has no gear box. Meanwhile, Paul did some great work trying build its 2 speed box at page 37 of this thread :thumbup: :thumbup: .

As to the 1h sets, I think I'll buy:

demo jet: white little panels

drag race car: light blue panels and tumbler wheels

airport fire truck: red panels and 56 mm off road tires

May buy:

race boat: blue curved panels

helicopter: white panels, orange panels, blue panels, since I've no bought 42025 nor 42040, will choose some among the three if not all of them :classic:

I've stopped building it anymore and it's like this:

img_3610.jpg

It has no gear box. Meanwhile, Paul did some great work trying build its 2 speed box at page 37 of this thread :thumbup: :thumbup: .

As to the 1h sets, I think I'll buy:

demo jet: white little panels

drag race car: light blue panels and tumbler wheels

airport fire truck: red panels and 56 mm off road tires

May buy:

race boat: blue curved panels

helicopter: white panels, orange panels, blue panels, since I've no bought 42025 nor 42040, will choose some among the three if not all of them :classic:

Yours looks much more realistic than mine

I'm still going for the 1h ultimate ip car

Edited by Babaloveslego55

I was looking at a picture of some of the new 2016 Bionicle sets and noticed what appears to be 12 tooth gear with a pin hole through it. It's on the back of the bird creature here, between the wings.

I was looking at a picture of some of the new 2016 Bionicle sets and noticed what appears to be 12 tooth gear with a pin hole through it. It's on the back of the bird creature here, between the wings.

I think what we've got here is not that. It's more like 3/4 of a double bevel gear with an axle piece coming off of it. It wouldn't be entirely unlike half of this piece.

41666.jpg?0

I think what we've got here is not that. It's more like 3/4 of a double bevel gear with an axle piece coming off of it. It wouldn't be entirely unlike half of this piece.

I'm seeing that now too, sorry.

Are those White #4 connectors in the new Star Wars Poe figure..? Those haven't been around for about 10 years and have gotten kind of rare and expensive.. And ironically the last sets they came in were Star Wars sets(not counting that rare First Lego League Challenge set)

I have hunch, that they use rims from 42036 motorbike 88517.jpg?1 to make wheel with arocs scoops for bucket wheel excavator.

There is possibility to use this wheel as something another than only rims for tyres see set 75040 http://lego.brickinstructions.com/75000/75040/010.jpg .

What do you think?

Extrapolating from that, it might still be too big. I'm not quite sure. I'd sure like it if they used that set as an excuse to introduce some big hubless gears that could be used to make bearings.

Extrapolating from that, it might still be too big. I'm not quite sure. I'd sure like it if they used that set as an excuse to introduce some big hubless gears that could be used to make bearings.

Something like the hailfire wheels?

Anyone else think the helicopter would looke better with the white and orange swaped its a great looking set and I am very happy to see a large aircraft again but seems a bit plain.

Anyone else think the helicopter would looke better with the white and orange swaped its a great looking set and I am very happy to see a large aircraft again but seems a bit plain.

You mean this?

ka32-orange1-2x.jpg

I think it's gonna look like this :

21721736688_7147809f5d.jpg

Also, the "bird creature" (Ikir)'s talons are attached with this part :

18474827504_1116e7f1c4_n.jpg

I only hope that Bucket wheel excavator is compatible with mining truck from this year.This would be epic!

Also I think that BUWEEX will these functions powered by xl motor.Powered belts and bucket wheel, rotating of body, lifting of arm and motorized threada.

I only hope that Bucket wheel excavator is compatible with mining truck from this year.This would be epic!

Also I think that BUWEEX will these functions powered by xl motor.Powered belts and bucket wheel, rotating of body, lifting of arm and motorized threada.

So there will be 5 functions:

- Conveyor belt

- Bucket wheel

- Rotating

- Lifting arm

- Caterpillar tracks

In real life, can the bucket wheel and the conveyor belt work independently or simultaneously? Also, is it more likely to have independent tracks like 8043 or linked tracks like 42042?

- Conveyor belt

- Bucket wheel

- Rotating

- Lifting arm

- Caterpillar tracks

In real life, can the bucket wheel and the conveyor belt work independently or simultaneously? Also, is it more likely to have independent tracks like 8043 or linked tracks like 42042?

I think simultaneosly, it seems logic.

18474827504_1116e7f1c4_n.jpg

This could probably explain how the side panels on the Go-Kart's bucket seat would be secured at the bottom. I tried building it using the pegged equivalent, but that put some of the parts under strain.

Edited by Gnac

Actually, real life BWE units do not work with mining trucks. Rather, the machine works by moving along the face, and then some distance behind the machine is a stationary conveyor belt system. The machine's discharge conveyor is then positioned to be as close to the takeaway conveyor as possible, and the machine then works back and forth.

It's the line in the background of this picture:

bucket-wheel-excavator-40142-2689717.jpg

I would think that Lego would include the discharge conveyor, because if anybody has any familiarity with BWEs, they think about the massive Krupp ones, which have this feature. That means an additional tread unit for the end of the conveyor.

- Conveyor belt

- Bucket wheel

- Rotating

- Lifting arm

- Caterpillar tracks

My impression is that this machine is our flagship for 2016, and the Ultimate IP car or whatever it is actually called is a super flagship. I may be wrong, but even so. I would not think it could or would be remote control, unless the model were puny. Motors and receivers probably eat up set budget a lot faster than adding parts. I'm thinking it would work like this:

1. Tracks. Ideally, there would be steering, but this is not likely.
  2. Rotate superstructure
  3. Bucket and conveyors
  4. Raise and lower bucket boom
  5. Move discharge conveyor left and right.
  6. Rotate discharge conveyor support tracks. In regard to the conveyor, the support treads could rotate as the conveyor moves, in order to stay pointed ahead, and motorized. More likely, they would be passive, and manually poseable.

So, that's six functions, possibly more. I just want to see what the designers can do. I'd also like to see some added stuff like a small service crane, multiple cabs, and an engine room.

I would think that Lego would include the discharge conveyor, because if anybody has any familiarity with BWEs, they think about the massive Krupp ones, which have this feature. That means an additional tread unit for the end of the conveyor.

I really doubt we'll get a tracked discharge because steering them is tricky. Real ones presumably have a limited amount of lateral sliding as well as steering, but even so steering is complex and I expect the machines are never maneuvered by a single operator. Expecting one child to do it is pushing things.

What I expect is a free-end delivery conveyor hanging out the side of the machine. Or possibly just a chute.