Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

This list can not be true. Why would they produce 2 wheeled excavators. One Volvo licenced and a bucket one.

Why would they produce 2 wheeled excavators. One Volvo licenced and a bucket one.

Bucket wheel excavator is something like this: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1010/trencher2_smd.jpg

So they are not similar machines. But I still doubt that list to be accurate. Take a look at the Volvo: http://d20tdhwx2i89n1.cloudfront.net/image/upload/t_next_gen_article_large_940/jpocb6vdf0claajporxu.jpg

It has quite complex boom structure. And if Lego makes a licenced set, they should be having all the main functions from the original machine. So I think that making a licenced Volvo EW160E should produce no less than a 2H flagship model.

Any idea what might an "IP Car" be?

Edit: closest I googled was "Connected Car"... That IS interesting :) Especially it being "Ultimate" :)

Edited by LegoCube

Bucket wheel excavator is something like this: http://apod.nasa.gov...encher2_smd.jpg

So they are not similar machines. But I still doubt that list to be accurate. Take a look at the Volvo: http://d20tdhwx2i89n...0claajporxu.jpg

It has quite complex boom structure. And if Lego makes a licenced set, they should be having all the main functions from the original machine. So I think that making a licenced Volvo EW160E should produce no less than a 2H flagship model.

I started doubting the list after googled what the "Bucket wheel excavator" too.

Unless it is built using small track scale and using the engine fan part of 42030 as "bucket wheel" :tongue:

I avoid posting Technic info because I don't necessarily care for the theme (Sorry! :look:) But I did stumble upon the final set names for 2016!

42044 Display Team Jet

42045 Hydroplane Racer

42046 Getaway Racer

42047 Police Interceptor

42048 Race Kart

42049 Mine Loader

42050 Drag Racer

42051 Airport Rescue Vehicle

42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter

42053 Volvo EW160E

42054 Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC

42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator

42056 Ultimate IP Car

Sounds more like somebody's wishlist. Do you have any sources for those 6 or 7 supposedly 2H sets?

EDIT: I'm sceptical, but I must admit that the first thing I thought when I had the 42043 clamshell parts in my hands is "this would be the ideal part to make a bucket wheel excavator with". It would be huge though and I'm not sure this machine would be recognisable enough for the target group.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I don't know what to think of this list...

Why I doubt it:

- It lists 13 sets, which is more than the last 3 years for the whole year (so maybe this is the complete lineup for 2016, but we've never seen such a leak this early AFAIK)

- It contains 2 licensed sets (allthough Claes was the preferred colourscheme for agricultural machines for some years)

- It mentions most of the fan wishes we expressed in the past few months (so maybe we are being heard)

- Why would any kid buy a bucket wheel excavator?

- It sounds too good to be true

Why it could be true:

- A supercar is a logical flagship for this year (it's been 5 years since the 8070, which wasn't even a proper supercar)

- Volvo EW160E is a perfect model to use the new pneumatics

- There seems to be likeness for flying machines lately, so a heavy lift helicopter fits in that theme

- The source also gives lists for all other lego themes (and the starwars list is even longer): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174968460

- The 1H list so far was missing a 1H flagship

- It is not April's fools day

All in all I tend to believe it is true... (which means that 2016 is going to be a very very exciting year)

It does have more sets than previous years, but it's not by a huge amount compared to 2013-14. Two of those sets will be pull-backs, 42046/47 probably, and since they've been introduced to Technic there have always been 10+ sets released in a year. If I remember correctly the Volvo & Mercedes licences didn't cost Lego anything (or at least the L350F didn't because that started with a Technic designer getting together with a friend who worked at Volvo?) so if that's the case then Claas would be ideal for the next licence.

I'm thinking that the heavy lift helicopter will be the 1H flagship because I don't see more than 4 sets being released in 2H 2016, but with so many sets I could easily be wrong. What surprises me slightly is that for its set number, the EW160E will probably not be a "big" set (1000+ pieces) but surely it will feature pneumatics ... it's about time we got pneumatics in a midsize set (42008 doesn't count! :tongue: )

I don't know what to think of this list...

Why I doubt it:

- It lists 13 sets, which is more than the last 3 years for the whole year (so maybe this is the complete lineup for 2016, but we've never seen such a leak this early AFAIK)

- It contains 2 licensed sets (allthough Claes was the preferred colourscheme for agricultural machines for some years)

- It mentions most of the fan wishes we expressed in the past few months (so maybe we are being heard)

- Why would any kid buy a bucket wheel excavator?

- It sounds too good to be true

Why it could be true:

- A supercar is a logical flagship for this year (it's been 5 years since the 8070, which wasn't even a proper supercar)

- Volvo EW160E is a perfect model to use the new pneumatics

- There seems to be likeness for flying machines lately, so a heavy lift helicopter fits in that theme

- The source also gives lists for all other lego themes (and the starwars list is even longer): http://www.neogaf.co...php?p=174968460

- The 1H list so far was missing a 1H flagship

- It is not April's fools day

All in all I tend to believe it is true... (which means that 2016 is going to be a very very exciting year)

Many good points there! but they could have seal a deal with volvo already thats why this leak was possible (that does not explain the Claas Xerion leak this early, however) And 1H does not missing a flagship since the 2H will probably have only 3 or 4 sets, so logic suggests thats either the helicopter or the EW160 excavator who is the 1H flagship.

When something is too good to be true...

Well, like I say, we have never had the 2h sets leaked this early, not by a long shot. But if this list does include 2h then I'de like to see new, accurate tyre treads on the Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC

on red rims and possibly smaller version of these tyres on the volvo, and that should be pneumatic of course :grin: . Re the ultimate IP car, could IP stand for intellectual property, meaning licensed? Could it be the ultimate Aventador or something like that, a real supercar after 17 years?

Sounds more like somebody's wishlist. Do you have any sources for those 6 or 7 supposedly 2H sets?

EDIT: I'm sceptical, but I must admit that the first thing I thought when I had the 42043 clamshell parts in my hands is "this would be the ideal part to make a bucket wheel excavator with". It would be huge though and I'm not sure this machine would be recognisable enough for the target group.

It doesnt need to be huge at all, if we looking back at earlier years we will find a smaller set among the large ones for the 2H. For example this year we had a midsize set (the plane) and 2 very big sets which was the crawler crane and the mercedes truck. Last year we had the bulldozer as a midsize set together with much larger sets (the red truck and the L350) so we do see a pattern here. Since licensed sets will be kinda big, and the Ultimate car listed as the last set (which is the biggest one) its only leave out the bucket wheel exavator for being a midsize set.

I avoid posting Technic info because I don't necessarily care for the theme (Sorry! :look:) But I did stumble upon the final set names for 2016!

42044 Display Team Jet

42045 Hydroplane Racer

42046 Getaway Racer

42047 Police Interceptor

42048 Race Kart

42049 Mine Loader

42050 Drag Racer

42051 Airport Rescue Vehicle

42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter

42053 Volvo EW160E

42054 Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC

42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator

42056 Ultimate IP Car

But where is the source? Credibility?

With all due respect, the list seems some kind of Santa wish list a drunken TLG guy, or perhaps an AFOL has written a late friday night :wink:

If I write "Stumbled upon 42060 Back Hoe" would that make a mountain out of molehill..?

Edited by Leif

But where is the source? Credibility?

With all due respect, the list seems some kind of Santa wish list a drunken TLG guy, or perhaps an AFOL has written a late friday night :wink:

Part of the list was published on Amazon, so I reckon there's some truth to it :wink:

It doesnt need to be huge at all, if we looking back at earlier years we will find a smaller set among the large ones for the 2H. For example this year we had a midsize set (the plane) and 2 very big sets which was the crawler crane and the mercedes truck. Last year we had the bulldozer as a midsize set together with much larger sets (the red truck and the L350) so we do see a pattern here. Since licensed sets will be kinda big, and the Ultimate car listed as the last set (which is the biggest one) its only leave out the bucket wheel exavator for being a midsize set.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant that if a bucket wheel excavator would use the 42043 clamshell part as the buckets on the wheel, then it would need to be a huge to be true to proportions of the real machine.For example something similar to this random MOC of a bucket wheel excavator I found on the internets:

(EDIT: the link to an example NMOC doesn't work, so I deleted it)

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Part of the list was published on Amazon, so I reckon there's some truth to it :wink:

Fair enough :classic:

Too good to be true, especially every licensed sets and ultimate intelectual property car(Rc supercar?)...I call second part total megablocks, but this is only my opinion.

Very nice lineup we got here. I am very interested in some sets, but I wonder what will be the flagship ? Maybe the Volvo ?

Hmm I want a really nice RC car... :D :D :D

What does mean IP ???

Max...

Probably intellectual property.This mean licensed. Edited by Ondra

I hope above list is legit.

It will be an expensive year ... I mean not just an expensive year but a very very very expensive year :grin:

To me, the only set "fishy" on the list seems the Bucket Wheel Excavator ... how could LEGO turn that into an official and attractive set for non AFOL's also?

Edited by Emmi

Bucket Wheel Excavator that made from this http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-dark-stone-gray-beam-4-x-16-for-conveyer-belt-assembly-92712, and 4-6 of this http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-black-technic-tread-small-with-20-tread-links-43903 and one special new wheel+buckets detail can be smaller than any of bucket wheel excavators MOCs and have enough functionality.

I hope above list is legit.

It will be an expensive year ... I mean not just an expensive year but a very very very expensive year :grin:

To me, the only set "fishy" on the list seems the Bucket Wheel Excavator ... how could LEGO turn that into an official and attractive set for non AFOL's also?

It is, it is literally directly from LEGO :wink:

It is, it is literally directly from LEGO :wink:

How can you be so sure??? I just don't want to get myself all excited and hyped for something that turns out to be fake ... I SO wish this list happens! But I think that's not just the 1h list but includes the 2h sets also.

Do you have any idea what the ultimate IP car (2h 2016 flagship) will be, manufacture, etc.? I'm so excited.

Edited by Emmi

This sounds too good to be true, but this year sounds like it will be good if just half of this is right

Edited by Rishab N