Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

This reminds me of an older set (8454) that had lots of red panels and those rare shock absorbers.

8454-1.jpg

Oh Man, those two are so similar, How come I have never seen this; 8454, Interesting.

Not sure if you are aware, but there's a separate topic for the Porsche.

With loads of speculation :tongue:

True but I personally think that topic has WAY too much speculation, To me I think it is getting a little bit overboard, Especially for a set you really don't know anything about. And everyone is trying to prove his point, and deny another one. :wacko:

Edited by hadidi1999

I was looking forward to the fire truck. My dream would be a lift style truck, like 8289. I'm kinda sad they canceled it.

http://www.technic-s...rescue-vehicle/

We don't have enough fire trucks. Oh, City gets one every half-year, but the concept's just too good for Technic! :laugh:

I guess 8454 and 8289 were met with fairly lukewarm reception and LEGO just didn't want to risk it. Looking at the lone image of 42051 that exists, it does use some parts in unique or rare colours, and maybe LEGO didn't want to waste them on a set that might not sell.

I'd like it, though, if only for the fact that, well, it's a fire truck! :sweet:

The BWE isn't cancelled, yet I'd think far less people would buy that than the fire truck. So I don't see the logic here :laugh:

The BWE isn't cancelled, yet I'd think far less people would buy that than the fire truck. So I don't see the logic here :laugh:

My guess as to why TLG canceled the fire truck was:

- With just a hose on top it was lacking enough functions.

- They didn't want to saturate their 2016 2H sales.

Hopefully they will release an improved version in 2017. With a lift (taller than we've seen before). Yeah, I love the lift on my 8292.

I suppose that's the reason(s). Even without the fire truck, 4 2H sets is more than we've seen the last years. I've only been back into Technic since early 2012, but as far as I've understood, 3 2H sets is the usual.

I just find it strange that they would cancel a set many people here seem to want, and not the BWE which is a less known machine and which many seemed to dislike at first, but I guess a lack of enough functions is the main reason why the fire truck was cancelled.

Even as it is, the BWE is to me quite an interesting set, and also seem to be fairly well made in addition to being quite the parts pack.

The fire truck seemed pretty alright to me, so I wouldn't think they would cancel it for good, I guess an improved version for 2017 is possible. Maybe it will be released as the biggest set of 1H17.

Edited by Error404

My guess as to why TLG canceled the fire truck was:

- With just a hose on top it was lacking enough functions.

- They didn't want to saturate their 2016 2H sales.

Hopefully they will release an improved version in 2017. With a lift (taller than we've seen before). Yeah, I love the lift on my 8292.

I highly doubt thats the reason since theres other sets in the same size that has only a couple of functions as well i.e arctic truck. The reason it was cancelled was probably because of some design fault, they simple discovered a problem they need time to work around. But yes maybe it will be released next year :thumbup:

I highly doubt thats the reason since theres other sets in the same size that has only a couple of functions as well i.e arctic truck. The reason it was cancelled was probably because of some design fault, they simple discovered a problem they need time to work around. But yes maybe it will be released next year :thumbup:

A problem that would take more than 6 months to fix? That I doubt highly.

*oh2* *oh2*11L Axle! Really? I am so excited to get my hands on one of them :moar: do you know if they are going to be LBG?

I find it mighty odd that Lego has already included the 11L axle, especially since it hasn't been released yet. I can think of no other time this is happened. Also, the LDD update, for reasons unknown, does not contain any pneumatic parts, new, old, or otherwise, even though all of the other new parts for 42043 are in there. Also, L and servo motors. It's only taken four freaking years. However, for no explicable reason, they do not have other cable ends. Basically, you get the motor, but not the cable, which is odd.

Jim,is there something orange you are not telling us?

I know nothing :tongue:

Seriously, I know as much as you do, but I reckon you've read my Maze review :wink:

Yes, its curious they would use orange, when there are plenty of black or MSG of those parts in production. Could be for an upcoming set in another theme.

Could be for an upcoming set in another theme.

True. I think this has happened before.

But I do find it suspicious :wink:

Why you do this Lego??

xIAKo4t.jpg?2

Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post. I know I've seen color vomit discussed elsewhere, but I wanted to ask about it in relation to the 2016 2H sets. It makes sense for there to be yellow axles for the BWE rails and parts of the Volvo, and orange for Volvo and maybe Porsche?? I don't know why they are doing red.

Is Lego switching over to these axle colors entirely, or does it seem to be limited to some sets only? Any idea why they would switch from black and grey? For reference, my red and yellow axles come from 42044, 42048, and 76046.

Well some one stated, (Maybe Jim in a review), that TLG is changing their 'axle theory.' In other words, all the odd axle lengths are yellow, and all the even lengths are red! Well why not continue using black and grey? I don't know.

If they are changing the axle color theory, it isn't being implemented evenly. 42048, for instance, has axles in red, yellow, lbg, dbg, and tan. The 7m axles in 42048 are lbg, but in another set they are yellow.

The only reason I can think of, is they need these axles in yellow and red and are spreadin them out to spread the cost of a special color run on the axles.

Or TLG could just be messing with us.

Well, you can't always use Red or Yellow, sometimes the axles are visible and red or yellow would not do. And sometimes, axles only come in that color, because that is how it always was. For example the tan Cross Axle 5M With End Stop in 42048, has always been tan, and it only came in that color. But for now I think we can exclude any axle with a stop of any kind to be changing color. It seems that only the 'smooth' axles are changing.