Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

@Timoonn

Did you know that there is some super secret trade catalogue which was released about 2 months ago and there are pictures of (almost) all sets :)?

Edited by Waler

@Timoonn

Did you know that there is some super secret trade catalogue which was released about 2 months ago and there are pictures of (almost) all sets :)?

we have seen it for the H1 but looks like the H2 is really well kept in secret .... counting hours to see the first pictures :) :)

if I remember right, brickset had it in there news. Look on brickset for the technic update.

Brickset only mentioned a truck. No 42035 or color mentioned.

Edited by Samer

Hello all - I have followed this forum for a few years now - but never posted. I have just been googling around for London Toy Fair info and have found some info from the BrickFanatics website, where Barry has been this morning and has reported in...

http://brickfanatics...2016-lego-news/

Technic:

• 42053 Volvo EW – £69.99
    Pneumatic digger
  • 42054 Class Xerion 5000 Trac – £119.99
    Looks like it comes with new huge tires.
  • 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator – £179.99
    Largest ever technic set at over 3000 pieces
  • 42056 Confidential Technic Ultramotive – £249.99
    Some front-engined confidential sportscar build similar to the McLaren

So, all looking very interesting indeed! Sorry if anyone has already posted this but I couldn't see anything (OOPS - sorry have found some Brickset info now a few pages back!).

Cheers

Gary

Edited by gbentley

IP car is reported to be similar in size to 8880 which sounds good to me 8880 is possibly 2nd on my list of all time favorites. Not too bothered about what actual model it is likely to represent, just so long as it has a decent set of functions and is a suitably challenging build for that price point.

I expect a compact Volvo with amazing functions.

My guess is that the Volvo will have pneumatic functions, and be in a scale similar to 42030 (but maybe a bit smaller) and no PF included. But I think that it will advertise on the back "add PF", like other sets in the past, and you can buy PF to motorize it. I hope that is the case, so the parts can be used for the truck itself.

What is this truck everyone is talking about?? The excavator or am I missing something?

There is probably dumper truck to load excavated soil in bucket wheel excavator set.

What is this truck everyone is talking about?? The excavator or am I missing something?

the BWE will have a transport truck included, as others have said, for the dirt/ material dug by the BWE.

I hope at least they will add the mini-pomp in to the set as it was made back with 8049 so you can make the compressor by adding your own PF. Hope so.... but last cost cutting trend is telling me that it may not be the case....

Regards

I actually hope for a new V2 handpump, since the rest of the pneumatics went "V2", this should too. I need better mounting options than 1 freaking hole in the bottom and a bottom suited for regular Lego plates. This handpump was fine in the old days, but for studless, not so much in my opinion.

Edited by Appie

There is probably dumper truck to load excavated soil in bucket wheel excavator set.

the BWE will have a transport truck included, as others have said, for the dirt/ material dug by the BWE.

WOW, that set is going to be huge! I wonder what the B model will be for such a big model

I actually hope for a new V2 handpump, since the rest of the pneumatics went "V2", this should too. I need better mounting options than 1 freaking hole in the bottom and a bottom suited for regular Lego plates. This handpump was fine in the old days, but for studless, not so much in my opinion.

it would make sense if there is a pump v2 as well, the mounting point from the old cilinders were 2 studs wide and the v2 pneumatics have new ones which are 1 stud wide. it would be logical if they do it on the pump as well.

WOW, that set is going to be huge! I wonder what the B model will be for such a big model

Thew trencher you linked looks like a solid candidate to me.

eagle-7500-wheel-trencher.jpg

I found this on brickset has it been posted before?

"42051 Airport rescue vehicle was not being displayed

42053 Volvo EW160E, Looks much like these, primarily yellow and black but with orange accents which looked very smart. It features pneumatics controlled with a pump but no reservoir. I'm not sure how many cylinders. £70

42054 Claas Xerion 5000 tractor. £120. A pretty faithful representation of the real thing. It's lime green, as you'd expect. It's fitted with a red log grabbing attachment and is motorised. It comes with new wheels which are massive. The cab rotates 90 degrees to enable the driver to get a better view at the back.

42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator. £180 Oh. My. God. What a fantastic thing! It's absolutely huge! It's the largest Technic model in physical size, by some margin, and also piece count, over 3000. It looks something like the bottom vehicle shown on this page. in that there are two conveyer belts, one lifting material up from the buckets, the other taking it to a nearby truck, which is included. It's hard to estimate the size but it's probably 50cm high and slightly longer. The colour scheme is mostly grey but with a good smattering of yellow beams and dark blue panels. Definitely best in show for me!

42056 'confidential super car'. Exactly what this is was not revealed, and won't be for some months we were told. It's about the size of 8880 and we think it'll be black although, like when prototypes of real cars are test driven, it was covered in 'camouflage' stickers to make it difficult to determine what it is. I can tell you however that it comes with a lot of new curved panels, including mudguards, and weighs in at a massive £250! Chris has fallen in love with the set and thinks it could be a Porsche 911 GT which is certainly possible.

The boxes were mock-ups so it was not possible to determine piece counts or how many motors etc. were in each one. Also, the Technic area was staffed by a 'stand-in' who didn't know a couple of things I asked. So, sorry if the details are a bit vague."

Thew trencher you linked looks like a solid candidate to me.

eagle-7500-wheel-trencher.jpg

Ya, I was the original one who posted the idea :tongue:

Edited by aminnich

it would make sense if there is a pump v2 as well, the mounting point from the old cilinders were 2 studs wide and the v2 pneumatics have new ones which are 1 stud wide. it would be logical if they do it on the pump as well.

I actually don't think a V2 handpump will have the 1 stud wide thing on the bottom like the cylinders of V2 pneumatic, perhaps if they made 2 studholes below the pump, but that might make it longer. One stud wide hole on the bottom would be rather flimsy. It still has to stand solid to be played with. I actually think, that if they release a V2 handpump, it will have 2-3 studholes on the side of the pump, allowing you to mount it easy on a liftarm and pretty secure to be played with.

Edited by Appie

@aol000xw

I honestly can't imagine TLG bringing out such a niche model..

Well a BWE is quite niche to begin with, and I can't think of many tracked alternatives that might reuse all the buckets. Furthermore it is "just" the B model.

Can you think of a better candidate?

I like to see a actual trencher for a B model. I wonder if the BWE will have a dual direction gearbox like 42042. Thatd be nice for lifting and lower of the boom. Are the 2 booms on it?

Can you think of a better candidate?

Something like this would be a little bit different:

22663-2725377.jpg

The other one looks just like a miniature version of the BuWeEx.

I thinking about what people are saying about the number of tread pieces...

A-model- a least 2 set of tracks for movement plus 1 to 3 conveyors

B-model (if trencher)- 2 sets of tracks, one small conveyor

If this is the case, we are going to either have a huge trencher, or a lot of tread left over when the b-model is built

shame on me, I totally did not read the "b-model" part...plz ignore my previous statement:>

I asked about BWE - B model first, I was wondering.

I would put my money on some other configuration of wheel bucket excavator or different mining equipment. (like 42042 is crane and B is also crane)

(or something completely different, unrelated to A and bonkers - like humanoid robot figurine, or typewriter :-) )