Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Ok, the first preliminary 2017 catalogue does its rounds already with first leaks (nothing from Technic so far) ... we should start Technic 2017 Discussion and Speculation thread :wink:

Ok, the first preliminary 2017 catalogue does its rounds already with first leaks (nothing from Technic so far) ... we should start Technic 2017 Discussion and Speculation thread :wink:

I was wondering how long it would be until some first rumors surfaced (set names/numbers)

Fingers crossed for a new cool motorbike and racecar to replace 42036 and 42039!

I don't even have this year's sets :grin: :grin: :tongue:

I want the cancelled fire truck to be released in 2017, +1 about the bike

Edited by LXF

I think that they will release a forklift or a car chassis as a throwback to 1977.

a really technical complex car chassis would be amazing!

Fingers crossed for a new cool motorbike and racecar to replace 42036 and 42039!

There were racecars and bikes released in 2013 and 2015, so if the pattern is every other year, there should be new ones for 2017! :moar:

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Good idea ! That way it would prevent clogging this thread with unrelated 2017 stuff !

Let's not do that. Because it will soon turn into a 2017 wish list topic. We create a new topic when there's some (more or less) tangible information (set names most likely).

My only wish is for more useful new parts, I have so many unbuilt sets now that I wont build, it is only a few that interest me that I build, the last one was the Volvo loader, next will be BWE, B model first, maybe the A model. The crawler crane I build in full PF in different colours. I haven't got room to keep sets and MOCs built so don't bother with many sets.

The entire 2H wave, including the Porsche, seems to be doing extremely well ... pre-order at my local LEGO online-(fan)store just opened today and already sold out - every single set.

I was too late :sceptic:

If your stores are anything like over here they only receive small shipments, our stores are always running out of stock, we are holding a show soon and the store which is to have a stall is struggling to get any stock to sell.

Let's not do that. Because it will soon turn into a 2017 wish list topic. We create a new topic when there's some (more or less) tangible information (set names most likely).

Why not just make a 2017 wish list topic? Gets it out of here, and gives people a place to talk about next year before we have any rumors, tenuous or solid?

Why not just make a 2017 wish list topic? Gets it out of here, and gives people a place to talk about next year before we have any rumors, tenuous or solid?

Why not just look in the Technic Index and use and existing wish list topic :tongue:

Future Set Wishes and Speculation

Isn't it time to update the 2016 reviews Index? No 2H Reviews there,

You are right. I have been a bit busy lately. So busy that we don't even have our own EB reviews. Post the review links in the Review topic and I will update the first post.

Let me anticipate a new car. This time an SUV or so.

Edited by Samer

After few reviews of 42053, 42054, 42055, 42056, I have to say, that this year (from my view), there is not so much special sets. We have "not so special special 42056", "awfully big only big 42055", 42054 - I saw only those tires, nothing more, and 42053 which I see like a most beautiful model of this year (maybe it is because I like pnuematics, who knows).

I hope that what we see this year will not be normal for next years - 2 flag ships (one of them disgustingly big), 1 "special" flag ship.

P.S.

I am sorry for bad english.

After attaching the motor and battery box to the Volvo, I realized that the direction of the battery box is also limited one way. So it can be said that all sets with power function in 2H 2016 adopt this technique.

However I don't really understand the purpose of that limit in the Volvo. It makes sense to do so in the Claas and BWE because the cab and bucket wheel need to rotate in one direction only. But in the Volvo the motor only rotates the pump. Is there any difference between rotating the pump clockwise and anticlockwise?

After attaching the motor and battery box to the Volvo, I realized that the direction of the battery box is also limited one way. So it can be said that all sets with power function in 2H 2016 adopt this technique.

However I don't really understand the purpose of that limit in the Volvo. It makes sense to do so in the Claas and BWE because the cab and bucket wheel need to rotate in one direction only. But in the Volvo the motor only rotates the pump. Is there any difference between rotating the pump clockwise and anticlockwise?

sometimes there is a difference, when I built 42043 in one direction the pump would run smoothly and wouldn't knock at all hardly, but in the other direction, dear lord it was lord, sounded like you were beating beams together.