Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Klemmbausteinlyrik writes for this video, that he will put more (hopefully with more new details) on YT on the weekend. Let's see!

Hi all,

was at toy fair yesterday and this is what i got from it:

The retail prices (in €) are

- Volvo: 89 €

- Claas: 149 €

- BWE: 229 €

- Porsche 299 €

Thanks! I wanted to buy the Claas and Porsche sets but wasn't sure as to how much each paycheck I need to save. I need $500 over 5 months to get these 2 sets, hopefully Lego adjusts the prices in US Dollars so there's a more definite information.

As he said, he wasnt allowed to take photos....

beetwin what is alowed and wasnot it is possible to take a picture with our smartphone with discretion ;) for proof, the star wars set are all taken in picture and vid !! (with the "no picture" drawing on it :) )

- Porsche 299 €

Hi,

Do you think these retail prices include VAT, and if so, is it Germany VAT?

Thanks,

Mikko

Edited by Beard

- Porsche 299 €

Well, with that price on the porsche, ive got one word for Lego: LOLNOPE

It might be well worth it for the amount of parts and possibly PF stuff, but €300 is just waaaay out of range for a set for me without really hitting the X-factor (and a porsche 911 doesnt quite do it for me)

The BWE seems like a good deal though, nearly 4K parts for €230, even if there are a LOT of tracks in there

Hi,

Do you think these retail prices include VAT, and if so, is it Germany VAT?

Thanks,

Mikko

In german it´s called "unverbindliche Preisempfehlung", i think it´s recommended retail price, so it´ll be the price at legoshop i guess

The price mentioned should be the final price to the customer (at least in EU, NA is somwhat different with their state taxes)

So the price for the Volvo is 89 €

But that miight change from one EU country to another because TLG is ... daft? Silly? Really wants BL to grow?

The price 90EUR is probably the same all over EU +/-10EUR

Cheers,

Ole

Having converted the costs to SEK the prices for all except the Porsche seem accurate considering the sizes of the sets. Still can't believe the Porsche is that expensive though.

Edit

That being that they are the recommended prices. Actual prices for store worth buying from will be lower and of course the actual prices will also differ slightly due to regions. I'm not really saying anything new am i? :sceptic::blush:

Edited by EyesOnly

tunnel boring machine? :-) (I do not find that boring, but exciting) with buckets going around horizontal axis, with super slow crawling body behind that does not exceed front boring face at all so the tunnel stays round.

I will build that one too.

I was fortunate enough to build a real one, 14m dia, it would be an interesting Technic build.

Oh dang how long should i save money to get all this. I want all!!! The worst thing is that when you get the money they are retired lol or out of stock and we ll see jacked up price on ebay

Oh dang how long should i save money to get all this. I want all!!! The worst thing is that when you get the money they are retired lol or out of stock and we ll see jacked up price on ebay

Yes, this happens to me at times.

Hi folks, where does the price of 229€ for the BWE come from?

In the "zusammengebaut.com" Blog the price is given with 299€

and I believe they got this information directly from the Nuremberg Toy Fair.

Actually taking the piece count and size, 299 EUR seems to be much more likely to me.

And if by contrast BEW is 299 and Porsche is 229??....How many pieces have the Porsche??...looks like 2300/2500 pcs...

And if by contrast BEW is 299 and Porsche is 229??....How many pieces have the Porsche??...looks like 2300/2500 pcs...

zusammengebaut.com must have missunderstood this. The price for BWE is 230 €. The price for the Porsche is rumored with 300 € but nothing has been confirmed just yet.

Hey all!

Below you can find proper box-images of all 2H 2016 Technic sets, presented at Nuremberg Toy Fair.

Thanks to zusammengebaut.com!

Images are taken from this video

@Jim Please update the #1 post of the sets dedicated threads with the main box image, thank you!

42053.jpg

42054.jpg

42055.jpg

42056.jpg

Thank you very much for the coverage Zusammengebaut, was you able to ask any questions about the Porsche?

Edited by allanp

But is Prosche RC or not it? I think it has nearly 3000 pieces

I suspect the Porsche is RC, there is not a presence of HOG steering knob, I guess those greyish parts peeking at the rear end of the set are XL motors or probably PF 2.0. Afterall the box is just a mockup and the final/ full reveal of the set's true colors is yet to come.

thanks for putting all these box pictures all in one place Emmi. I guess you are looking forward to the Porsche, enough to change your profile pic :grin:

I suspect the Porsche is RC, there is not a presence of HOG steering knob, I guess those greyish parts peeking at the rear end of the set are XL motors or probably PF 2.0. Afterall the box is just a mockup and the final/ full reveal of the set's true colors is yet to come.

There is a hole in the dashboard with some gears. It could easily be connected to the steering wheel.

12t.jpg

24386374160_341ca60218_z.jpg