Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

BWE will have one bag with 1500 black pin connectors, another bag with 750 blue axle/pin connectors, a bag with 600 axle 3's, another bag full of 300 or so 3L blue connectors, and then maybe just the few remaining parts loose in the box. And of course with a box that big, a giant sticker sheet :grin: :grin: :grin:

I wasn't lying....multiple bags :laugh:

I think he meant numbered bags. Now you can use bag set 1, then bag set 2, ... Using non numbered bags in this set will be hell.

I think he meant numbered bags. Now you can use bag set 1, then bag set 2, ... Using non numbered bags in this set will be hell.

I am weird I have a habit of building the B-model first, since this usually gets torn down really soon, then I build the A-model with which the son plays for ages (the daughter o.t.o.h. kicks it about, but she's only two and my wife won't let me sell her for her organs). In this way, I at least get the chance to build and admire the B-model.

So, numbered bags or not, they still need to go on one pile in Casa JimDudos (sorted, obviously, but still). I'm gonna need bigger sorting boxes… :D

That said, with the '55 BWE, I actually foresee a scenario where the B-model is the one to get kicked about the daughter to remain assembled the longest.

Edited by JimDude

BWE will have one bag with 1500 black pin connectors, another bag with 750 blue axle/pin connectors, a bag with 600 axle 3's, another bag full of 300 or so 3L blue connectors, and then maybe just the few remaining parts loose in the box. And of course with a box that big, a giant sticker sheet :grin: :grin: :grin:

oh god please no. I have to many pins already. And to many lost in shag carpet:(

Looks like a forgot to mention the other bag with the 300 or so track elements :blush: .

Actually, with a set like this, Jim's thoughts are likely correct - parts will be in numbered bags tied to specific steps in the instruction book(s).

Actually, with a set like this, Jim's thoughts are likely correct - parts will be in numbered bags tied to specific steps in the instruction book(s).

I was just joking around. Didn't even think about the numbered bags, just the fact that you won't get 4000 parts in a single bag :look:

I was just joking around. Didn't even think about the numbered bags, just the fact that you won't get 4000 parts in a single bag :look:

If 4000 parts are in a single bag then there is even no need for bag. Lego just dumps the whole thing into the box and seal it haha.

In terms of B-Models what do we have. Looking at the promobricks facebook (

) we have a Volvo L30G for 42053, A Claas Xerion with silage plough for 42054, A industrial sorter which actually sort Lego bricks by size (presumably a hole wich some pieces drop through but others don't) for 42055 and what for 42056; will there even be one? Who knows? And my opinions: 42053-A small, cool lokking sets withpneumatic V2, great! 42054-Cool wheels but pointless crane. 42055-Huge and cheap if the rumoured prices are real. 42056-Intriguing!

This BWE model is so out of context for Lego, to me it almost feels like the Volvo and the Class and the Porshe are the regular technic sets and the BWE is an online exclusive for the AFOL market, I just can't see the bricks and mortar shops stocking it. I hope they do, but can you imagine the conversation,

Child: Daddy, what is that?

Parent: I don't know……..

Child: Is it a BWE?

Parent: Walks away quickly…...

Fair play to Lego for releasing this set, but I do have my concerns that they might be in the discount bin in years to come.

Edited by paul_delahaye

Fair play to Lego for releasing this set, but I do have my concerns that they might be in the discount bin in years to come.

You also have to consider that it's a perfect starter kit, you get a lot of track links, pins, liftarms, panels, axles, gears, an XL motor and 4 wheels and a steering wheel. You can pretty much build anything with the amount of pieces included.

Discount bin? That sounds like it would be cheaper to buy. And that is a bad thing how exactly? :grin: For buyers that is. And i don't think TLG will fold over that set not selling well so i do hope for a quick price drop. I probably wont buy it until later this year or beginning of next anyway.

I agree that BWE is big step for Lego. There might be even quite a lot of customers who do not exactly know what it is. (without being mean even here folks refer it as addition to their construction site collection - it is mining, not construction machine. Nobody builds anything with BWE, nobody digs tunnels, do roadbuilding earthmoving with BWE).

But it is excellent starting set. For amount of parts at very interesting price.

Maybe it will be dead end for Lego, but it might be also new door to lots of previously unheard of stuff.

Hats off to Lego for trying new roads.

Without trying new things, you never get anywhere.

Lego can't rely always on (no matter how good) mobile crane MKIV,V,VI,...XII etc.

With the 42055 there will be 400 bags in the box :tongue: its ugly, its Lego I wants.

Currently I have just opened the 1 bags for 42009 into 17 individual containers OMG!! what have I done :cry_happy:

Edited by ctx1769

I agree that BWE is big step for Lego. There might be even quite a lot of customers who do not exactly know what it is. (without being mean even here folks refer it as addition to their construction site collection - it is mining, not construction machine. Nobody builds anything with BWE, nobody digs tunnels, do roadbuilding earthmoving with BWE).

But it is excellent starting set. For amount of parts at very interesting price.

Maybe it will be dead end for Lego, but it might be also new door to lots of previously unheard of stuff.

Hats off to Lego for trying new roads.

Without trying new things, you never get anywhere.

Lego can't rely always on (no matter how good) mobile crane MKIV,V,VI,...XII etc.

You just gave me a great idea for a potential C-model :D

tunnel boring machine? :-) (I do not find that boring, but exciting) with buckets going around horizontal axis, with super slow crawling body behind that does not exceed front boring face at all so the tunnel stays round.

I will build that one too.

Tunnel-Boring-Machine.jpg

Edited by bob st-claire

I plan to build a bulk ship loader with this set.

Hi all,

was at toy fair yesterday and this is what i got from it:

The retail prices (in €) are

- Volvo: 89 €

- Claas: 149 €

- BWE: 229 €

- Porsche 299 €

What to say about the Sets:

- The Volvo looks very neat next to the other sets but none the less, what i´ve seen and heard of it is PF ready, but the Pumpsystem is working well too.

- Claas still amazing, dont need to say anything more, must have for every fan :thumbup:

- BWE is just huge, just put the MK-II on top of the Crawler Crane and you´ll get an idea how big it is :grin:

- Porsche: Well, it´s really big, maybe like the tumbler, but what´s way more interesting, i was able to take a look under the hood and the "trunk"

hood: It seemed like there was still a lot of room left. What i´ve seen was that the steering wheel is defenitly attached to the front axle and that´s 4WD-ready(the axle you can see under the driver´s seat), also it has a well designed stiff suspension.

"trunk": I asked an tour-guide (yes, you were only allowed to enter the lego-area with a guided tour) if you can open the trunk like the doors etc., YES WE CAN! so i had around 10s to get as much information into my head as i could. The light grey parts you see through the rear sides are new to me, they looked like a massive half-barrell/Block with round edges and something looking like a window(sorry, cant describe it better), maybe a receiver, maybe a (new) motor, or a combination of both. This part/brick was on both sides next to the tires. Im a bit sad, that the "trunkdoor" was a bit small, but what i´ve saw, made my day. There was a boxer-engine sitting in the middle with a lot of stuff around it. Because of the limited time window and space, i could only see 4 cylinders, but there might be more because of the missing length of maybe 8-10 studs. My opinion is, there might be 6 cylinders directly combined with a pf-motor. i havent seen any cables, so they either cut them off or, like some off you guessed, it´s some bloutooth stuff. i personally would be fine with both :classic: Sorry for not having an eidetic memory, but thats all

Before anyone asks about proof or something, you are not allowed to take photos in this area and there were about 20-30 Lego-Employees. I felt like Ethan Hunt with my mobile phone in my hand......but did not had the balls... :look:

I hope the engineers and MOCcers of you can figure something out :laugh:

Cant w8 for those sets, gonna safe some money :blush:

Hi all,

That's the type of info that we all needed, and were hoping for. Thank you for sharing. And before anyone says, even though your credibility is questionable and we have no way of verifying the truth of your claims for the time being, I choose to believe you.

Now, let the speculations commence!

Hi all,

The retail prices (in €) are

- Volvo: 89 €

- Claas: 149 €

- BWE: 229 €

- Porsche 299 €

Which Toy Fair as prices seem to vary depending on which country ?