Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

As we have seen the photos and videos of the new sets for H2 in 2016 now we will be counting days/months for Jim's and Sariel's review :)

Rethoric question - "when you will get them for review" ? :) :) :)

Edited by AOW

Don't like the bright colours for this car. For me I'de like it in either dark blue or black. Or a metallic gun metal grey would look pretty sweet!

As we have seen the photos and videos of the new sets for H2 in 2016 now we will be counting days/months for Jim's and Sariel's review :)

Rethoric question - "when you will get them for review" ? :) :) :)

It's way too soon to talk about reviews (although I would love to get my hands on them sooner rather than later). I will let you guys know when (and more importantly IF) I get one or more sets for review.

Don't like the bright colours for this car. For me I'de like it in either dark blue or black. Or a metallic gun metal grey would look pretty sweet!

I would be ecstatic with the Falken Tyres #17 livery, but the problem with that (and the other liveries posted above) is that you'd need to negotiate with the racing team in question as well as Porsche. Besides, I'm think that this Porsche is the road-going 911 GT3 as that would be more marketable.

Orange would be the most iconic colour but I would not say no to a dark blue.

For me, I really like the dark classy look more than the bright and loud racey look. With class and style, there is no need to scream and shout "LOOK AT ME" with the bright colours. It just knows you're already looking at it because it's gorgeous! It's suave and sophisticated, then you put your foot down and holy crapoly! It's like a classy lady at the party but a freak (in a good way) in the bedroom. That's why for me it needs to be a dark colour. Sexy and effortlessly so (understated).

Edited by allanp

My preferences are Dark blue, White, Orange, Black.

However beyond the color of this set my concern is whether the wheel arches will be available just in the color of the car. No more sets that can take advantage of that part until 2017 -if any by then- so white is probably the better option given the high number of white panels currently available.

Does it really matter? It's a great model either way if you ask me. Granted, the alleged price is steep when it's not RC.

I am actually hoping it is not rc, that will be the difference in whether or not I buy one. I have Tamiya cars to fill that need.

I am actually hoping it is not rc, that will be the difference in whether or not I buy one. I have Tamiya cars to fill that need.

IMHO, That's not the same thing, nowhere near at all. You can't dismantle a Tamiya Off Roader and convert it into a F1 racer, or a 6 legged robot.

How many tamiya cars do you have with a 6 speed flappy paddle transmission? Whilst I am not a supporter of Technic being RC when it is simple and trying to compete with other products that do it better (like 42030, there are many kiddies RC toys that can compete with that), I can get behind Technic sets being RC if it is being used to remote control something that is already great and complex in it's own right. An RC crawler with no gearbox, no fake engine and so on is quite boring. But add RC to something that is already highly complex and has no real competition in anywhere near the same price point as it (like the Arocs for example or a supercar with a life like sequential 6 speed transmission and so on) then it's all good.

Well. I'm considerong to buy the Porsche, but it is damn too expensive and potentially bad for my economy.

Guys, what is the best set for 2H this year? :-)

Edited by Chimaninja454

42056 doesn't show any awkward looking knob for HOG steering but then I might be wrong, Lego pulled off a stunt by integrating HOG steering in the Aroc's beacon lights but that is a truck so its easy the Porsche is a sports car so sticking a knob in the model is not a wise move for Lego. Following the cycle of RC and non RC sets, the last RC set was the Volvo L350F so the Porsche 911 is a logical successor. I hope this will display PF 2.0 but regardless 42056 is gorgeous looking.

I would like to see the Porsche in flat silver, barring that, any other color than yellow or red. There are enough panels, beams, and flex axles to make almost anything.

I would love to see it sporting Martini or Gulf racing livery, but silver with acid green accents is excellent too!

Guys, what is the best set fir 2H this year? :-)

I can easily answer that without any doubt, it is the BWE. Wait, the claas seems to be better. Yes it is definitely the claas. But the volvo is also pretty cool with the pneumatics. So I would vote for the volvo, it is clear that it is the best 2H set. Oh I forgot about the Porsche. No question, the Porsche is the best.

Porsche is the coolest then the Claas comes next.

It can't come any closer to a Lego, sure Tamiyas are fast and cool too but a model you can transform or modify to anything you like is cooler and Lego has that.

I would love to see it sporting Martini or Gulf racing livery, but silver with acid green accents is excellent too!

A LEGO set advertising alcohol? The shitstorm will be like Shell, Jabba's Palace and Al Wei Wei times thousand :sick:

Gulf would be nice, but that's Shell'ish too ..

IMHO, That's not the same thing, nowhere near at all. You can't dismantle a Tamiya Off Roader and convert it into a F1 racer, or a 6 legged robot.

No you can't, but you also can't make a big heavy lego car ever perform like an actual RC car can you? I would rather have a very nice display car with lots of function then an rc car with very limited capabilities as such.

I have 15 Tamiya cars and you actually have to BUILD them to make them run. You can change many parts, very much like LEGO. And TLG will never make an RC car that could outrun even my lowly Grasshopper

RC LEGO is pathetic when TLG tries to compete with the RC world (that crawler, sigh) but rocks when it's unusual construction vehicles etc

My preferences are Dark blue, White, Orange, Black.

However beyond the color of this set my concern is whether the wheel arches will be available just in the color of the car. No more sets that can take advantage of that part until 2017 -if any by then- so white is probably the better option given the high number of white panels currently available.

I'm loving the Porsche, probably the only set I will get. The BWE is just too big. Where do keep such a thing??

I hope the Porsche is not black. Black hides the geometry, makes it hard to see its details. Orange with black trim is my hope. But please not red!

The fender panels are kinda like cheating, imho.

I love having a great B model. I fear there will be no B model for the Porsche.

Lastly, I hope the final will look as good or better than what we see now. They drove the sex appeal into the ground from the prelim to the final on 42039. Sometimes I think they are too close to it to tell the difference. It was obvious to all of us.

Reviews have to wait until August, but the vastness of the current event really deserves few articles from the pros here.

I love these new sets, they're aimed at us AFOL's. I think there is something for everyone and I sense they've taken inspiration from this forum and come up with some stunning sets. It's the first time in all my years of technic that I like all the sets. I'm not a fan of farming equipment but when I see the functions and the parts I want it. I'd love the porsche, as I think it will be better than we've seen, but I love the volvo with the pneumatics and if the price is about £70 then I can get it. So great sets at hopefully great prices with a great mixed selection of parts for all.

Jim, pass on my/our thanks to Lego.

H :classic:

I love these new sets, they're aimed at us AFOL's. I think there is something for everyone...

I completely agree, I have never seen an more impressive and exciting line-up of Technic sets:

683227126072251020726872914819645501046n.jpg

Thank you very much TLG, you can expect my money coming your way once these become available.

That Xerion wheels and steerig could be the solid foundation for JCB 4CX backhoe loader. Not to mentin uprgraded pnaumatics. Unless someone mods the set maybe next year 8455 finally gets a decent successor. :innocent:

Edited by model850