Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Only three hours until first images will appear.

I know you are all anxious to see the pictures, but please try to keep your comments useful. We all know there will be images soon (possibly in a couple of hours).

So please no "I keep refreshing my browser" and "images will be online in three hours....in two hours....in one hour.....where are the images?!"

And besides, the presentation starts at 2. Only after that has finished (an hour or so?) will people start to take pictures. And then it will be another while before picture are uploaded. So you may need to be patient for a few hours longer.

TLG might set the bar quite high this year.

The Volvo is pneumatic which in itself makes the set relevant beyond its part count.

The Claas got new wheels.

The BWE is big and potentially a very interesting model.

The IP Car might be an 8880 successor

If everything is as good as I expect it to be, next year will hardly be as good as this one.

Yes this year has surpassed any normal norms... but It could be a problem if the bar is set too high (just look at the original star wars trilogy :P) so i dont hope they feel some kinda obsession to attempt raise the bar every year, but instead giving us a smart and creative choose of sets. If the rumors are true this is the first time we getting 3(!) motorized 2H sets?, and one of them will probably even include a new RC system. However i mostly looking forward to the volvo excavator :wink: for the price of approx 70 euro (or was it dollar?) it could have 3 pneumatic cylinders and that would do the job fine, the rotating bucket (if it has one?), stabilizers, and the blade could be operated by gears.

Maybe TLG has heard our crys for a remake of 8455 but wanted to give us a excavator chocked full of pneumatics. To try and replicate the popularity of 8455

The Volvo was revealed to be 70 GBP, which is approximately 91 EUR and 100 USD. I'd expect 5 pneumatic cylinders because the real one has 5.

The Volvo was revealed to be 70 GBP, which is approximately 91 EUR and 100 USD. I'd expect 5 pneumatic cylinders because the real one has 5.

i doubt that, because lego cilinders are much larger than real ones.

I need to see this set first, but i think it will be disappointment.

This is a flagship material, and i think there will be a lot of unused potential in this set.

Unless lego made awesome model for just 100 euros, which i doubt.

Why do not anybody supposed that ant of sets except super car may have both pneumatics and actuators - I mean Volvo or the BWE...

Why do not anybody supposed that ant of sets except super car may have both pneumatics and actuators - I mean Volvo or the BWE...

You mean like the 42008? That would be nice.

Sure like 42008. Some functions maybe on pneumatics and others - by actuators.

But I prefer more and more pneumo...

Me too.

But looking at the real EW160 I count 5 cylinders for the arm only (in the triplex configuration)

2 for the stabilizer and 1 for the blade.

Edited by quaternion

Me too.

But looking at the real EW160 I count 5 cylinders for the arm only (in the triplex configuration)

2 for the stabilizer and 1 for the blade.

I think that the stabilizer and blade will be mechanically controlled - Arm and bucket will be pneumatics

Counting down the time :)

Yep it would be very possible...

By the way, my dream of an excavator completely moved by pneumatic and electro actuated pump has not yet been satisfied...

I think I will skip that bucket wheel excavator,it looks rather colourful and....what is a nice term too use.....bad. :sceptic:

Look behind the BWE there is a small white quarry dumper as a B model.

Set Numbers:

Volvo EW (42053)

Class Xerion 5000 Trac (42054)

Bucket Wheel Excavator (42055)

Confidential Technic Ultramotive (42056)

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

:cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy::drool: :drool: :drool::excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: *oh2* *oh2* *oh2**huh* *huh* *huh*:wub_drool: :wub_drool: I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! New turntable, motorized with XL-motor and huge. Edited by JJ2