Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

trenchers are fine, but there were trenchers before.

BWE is first of its kind.

TLG made trucks before Arocs, front loader before 42030, cranes before 42042 etc.

But real badass big mining BWE is 1st of its kind.

B model of BWE should (I hope) be something 1st of its kind too.

I hope in something like this:

NR41_0412_01_g.jpg

Hi, really liking the sound of the BWE set. Not sure if its been suggested but could the B model be some sort of mobile crusher?

post-153763-0-14724700-1453760364_thumb.jpg

did you noticed that the barrel from the Mine Loader, it has 3 pin holes and if you "break" it in half you will have a kind of bucket - those 3 pin holes they early match the 2 pin holes on the new tracks...

Thats interesting ;) with that method they could just thrown any 2 vehicles they want in one box and then claim "largest technic set ever with 3000+ pieces"

Why not the 42009 crane and the Arocs in same box, first ever 5000 pieces set.

I guess the dumper truck is included for playability, and also parts for the B model. A small guess: Perhaps the B model in fact consists of two models, but more equal in size to each other than the BWE and dumper truck?

Edited by kolbjha

Maybe the truck is the B model, and we all have to buy two BWE for any play ability :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So it seems the BWE will be huge in scale and piece count. From what I have read and understand it isn't based on the giants which I really hoped it would have been. From the reports that I have read, 2H2016 is going to be a great year for technic. Thank you all for your speculation and hopes and wishes. I'm glad that you all welcomed me into the thread and I hope we all have our dreams come to fruition this year

But they said the Volvo has pneumatics, so either they made a mistake and a motor is used to run the pump, or there is some hand controlled pump of sorts... I would bet it has a motor.

Brickset has confirmed that no motor is in the Volvo. So I would assume the pump is hand-operated.

I'm still a bit appalled by the fact that Xerion has a crane. Everything has a crane. First Unimog, then Arocs, now Xerion. I wouldn't be surprised if one day Lego made a car or a front loader with a crane.

If you like it then you should have put a crane on it (~' ')~

Edited by nguyengiangoc

What, I'd have loved that as an Ultimate Car, especially since the crane allows for more functions than the standard car, and would be especially nice if Lego mad the camera mount stabilized somehow.

How big do you think this BWE is? :grin: (It will be closer to minfig scale than 42030 scale, is my bet with no evidence).

I mean same car model, but scaled down to BWE.

I plan on buying two of the BWE and a lot of Lego string and making the bagger 288 from them. I will post pics when I have it completed. Please don't be too critical of my build when I do post it

What, I'd have loved that as an Ultimate Car, especially since the crane allows for more functions than the standard car, and would be especially nice if Lego mad the camera mount stabilized somehow.

To be honest I would as well as it is actually the kind of stuff I work with in my industry. I was just trying to be funny ;)

It would be especially nice if the camera car was to with Bluetooth and had a camera that was displayed within the Bluetooth control app

It seems like we have only a few hours before any quality photos from the exhibition will be publish? Oooh!!

Edited by Aleh

Crane hijinks aside, i'd be extremely disappointed if lego chose to make their biggest supercar ever a friggin panamera, the thing is hideous.

TLG might set the bar quite high this year.

The Volvo is pneumatic which in itself makes the set relevant beyond its part count.

The Claas got new wheels.

The BWE is big and potentially a very interesting model.

The IP Car might be an 8880 successor

If everything is as good as I expect it to be, next year will hardly be as good as this one.