Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Right, then, looks like I was away for far too long.

1. Airport rescue vehicle, eh? Should be a pleasant surprise like the Fire Plane last year.
  2. Volvo excavator sounds regular, but if they have that 1x11 cylinder and they have many, cool! Should make my dream micro-crane come true.
  3. Class Xerion is a winner here. It's pretty loaded for a not-really-a-flagship set, even with the wiggle room that the license provides. Nice Price, too.
  4. The BWE is the kind of set whose first photos will absolutely make this thread go KA-BOOM!!!, but there's a particular facet of the set that intrigues me: the conveyor system. What's it gonna run on, and what's the belt gonna look like?
  5. Hmm... so Chris from Brickset is seeing 911 GT3 RS, it'll have new arches, and... where's the RC?

Perhaps an Axion?

Most likely not - Xerion versions - 4 equal wheels; Axion or smaller models have front smaller wheels and rear bigger wheels. Only other vehicle hat has 4 wheels the same size is Claas cougar - a self-propelled mower

Sheepo's Mustang was a 1:8 scale car (which is about the scale of the 8880 as Tibivi pointed out). Without PF it had 3500 parts. Following Lego's simple rule of 10 cent/piece. That would mean a 350 euro set. I can see 300 euro easily doable for Lego, even considering that the IP car most likely won't break the BWE's new record for part count,

Fair point, im just not expecting lego to make anything with the detail level/density of high level MOCs, every set ive bought in the past few years falls well short of that mark. I havent gotten any of the recent flagships though, so i might be wrong in my assessment (not a big fan of construction stuff, so recent flagships have been uninteresting to me)

Right, then, looks like I was away for far too long.

1. The BWE is the kind of set whose first photos will absolutely make this thread go KA-BOOM!!!, but there's a particular facet of the set that intrigues me: the conveyor system. What's it gonna run on, and what's the belt gonna look like?

2. Hmm... so Chris from Brickset is seeing 911 GT3 RS, it'll have new arches, and... where's the RC?

Im aware that there will be dozens link threads to make conveyor belt, so this is probably why it have so much pieces in this price.

Where is RC?Probably this mockup or what they saw wasnt meant to be operated.Im sure it will have RC maybe new PF components, because this price is crazy for a car...

how long do we will wait till some leak photos will be on the internet ?

I'm mostly excited for the Claas, especially for looks and functionality. The car i like less. Done too many times in sets and to be honest, too less functions and technic for me, like the 42030.

The BWE, i don't know yet. From pictures it looks terrible, but maybe in lego colors it looks great. Very worried about functions. I can't see the fun of a turning wheel going through some bricks and transport them through a belt into a truck. But maybe lego surprises me and convinces people.

A bit disappointed that the volvo will likely have no PF. But maybe the looks will compensate.

RC functions are always welcome. Many people don't own it yet. For them a big plus.

So mackset was right after all. We'll get a Porsche 911 GT3 RS which is absolutely great! I wonder if TLG will sell it as a D2C set through shop@lego. Also curious if it will be on display at Nuremberg Toy Fair. TLG seems very hideous about this set. But it should be available in August as mackset said.

I'm mostly excited for the Claas, especially for looks and functionality. The car i like less. Done too many times in sets and to be honest, too less functions and technic for me, like the 42030.

The BWE, i don't know yet. From pictures it looks terrible, but maybe in lego colors it looks great. Very worried about functions. I can't see the fun of a turning wheel going through some bricks and transport them through a belt into a truck. But maybe lego surprises me and convinces people.

A bit disappointed that the volvo will likely have no PF. But maybe the looks will compensate.

RC functions are always welcome. Many people don't own it yet. For them a big plus.

It seems like you have seen pictures or know what functions the sets will have. Could you tell what functions the car has, as you say it's too less functions and technic. :)

So mackset was right after all. We'll get a Porsche 911 GT3 RS which is absolutely great! I wonder if TLG will sell it as a D2C set through shop@lego. Also curious if it will be on display at Nuremberg Toy Fair. TLG seems very hideous about this set. But it should be available in August as mackset said.

Nothing is confirmed yet, it could be also Mercedes Benz AMG GT-R http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1097478_2017-mercedes-amg-gt-r-spy-shots#image=100543595 if we talk about front engine model, this real car will be unveiled in summer.

They probably doesnt make top secret lego model if it is already produced car.

Did i say that i have seen pictures? I spread my own opinion, just like all others here. All speculation, nothing more. Truth is in a few days.

About technic (race)cars. For me, far too less functions in all models produced. But i'm glad you like technic cars. :-)

It seems like you have seen pictures or know what functions the sets will have. Could you tell what functions the car has, as you say it's too less functions and technic. :)

Guys... I'm pressing every 5 seconds on refresh to get new news about the 4 nice Sets of the 2H but there are no :-(

At Least i want to know more about the BWE and the small Volvo Model (with pneumatics?).

Maybe the Ultimate IP Car (Porsche GT3 RS?) will be something like the 41999-Set and limited to 20000 (or more), because there are no leaks about it yet?

Greetings from Germay

hsky

Did i say that i have seen pictures? I spread my own opinion, just like all others here. All speculation, nothing more. Truth is in a few days.

About technic (race)cars. For me, far too less functions in all models produced. But i'm glad you like technic cars. :-)

a like that, so i just misread your post, my bad :)

But indeed, the previous supercar sets (with exception of the older ones before 2002) had not many functions like gearboxes and realistic suspension geometrie, let alone steering inside the cabine. So that is what i hope for in the ip car

Edited by tibivi

I wouldn't be surprised if 200-300 of the 3000 pieces turn out to be Lego dirt blocks which helps the BWE demonstrates its function (like the 8 water blocks in the Fire Plane).

I hope at least they will add the mini-pomp in to the set as it was made back with 8049 so you can make the compressor by adding your own PF. Hope so.... but last cost cutting trend is telling me that it may not be the case....

Regards

I wouldn't be surprised if 200-300 of the 3000 pieces turn out to be Lego dirt blocks which helps the BWE demonstrates its function (like the 8 water blocks in the Fire Plane).

Maybe a collection of rubbery bricks? But not in the hundreds. Don't forget there are long belts and that maybe in hundreds of pieces. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic on these 2H sets and expect them to be very interesting and perhaps thats the reason they are deeply hidden. Maybe TLG has put most of its Technic efforts this year on 2H sets

Edited by Samer

Nevertheless, I'm optimistic on these 2H sets and expect them to be very interesting and perhaps thats the reason they are deeply hidden. Maybe TLG has put most of its Technic efforts this year on 2H sets

Hope it too!

I hope at least they will add the mini-pomp in to the set as it was made back with 8049 so you can make the compressor by adding your own PF. Hope so.... but last cost cutting trend is telling me that it may not be the case....

Regards

I expect a compact Volvo with amazing functions.

Maybe a collection of rubbery bricks? But not in the hundreds. Don't forget there are long belts and that maybe in hundreds of pieces. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic on these 2H sets and expect them to be very interesting and perhaps thats the reason they are deeply hidden. Maybe TLG has put most of its Technic efforts this year on 2H sets

I think to demonstrate the bucket wheel function, there must be enough bricks to fill a small box, so that the bucket wheel can come down and swoop them.

BWE comes with 2015 mining-loader (the mid-sized yellow one from 1H 2015) but in a different color.

27 hours to go until the first images will start coming in. I can't wait and hope that the car will be on display as well. I'm sure we can fully identify it then ;)

BWE comes with 2015 mining-loader (the mid-sized yellow one from 1H 2015) but in a different color.

27 hours to go until the first images will start coming in. I can't wait and hope that the car will be on display as well. I'm sure we can fully identify it then ;)

cool, if that is true one more reason to get BWE, that truck is not bad at all :classic:

Source?

The motor cylinders in the new car have to be (are definitely) studless!?

If not, i will not buy it ;-)

hello to everyone!