Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Claas Xerion has 4 wheels of the same size, and B-model has to use those 4 wheel of the same size, while Class Axion has bigger rear wheels and smaller front wheels. So it's not possible.

Xerion has same size wheels, Axion has different size.

edit: too late :-)

True. But perhaps we get a trailer as well from which the wheels could be used? I know it's unlikely, but a possibility. I'd rather go for a more awesome tractor without attachments in this specific case.

Nope, Class is as is, only tractor itself with motorized crane at back. To be specific about wheels there are truly new including rims :wink: And the BWE uses only one motor so we can expect some gearboxes.

Nope, Class is as is, only tractor itself with motorized crane at back. To be specific about wheels there are truly new including rims :wink: And the BWE uses only one motor so we can expect some gearboxes.

I assume you saw it. Please reveal main colours of sets.

Volvo - black/yellow

Class - grey/light green/red

BWE - ?

car - ?

please replace ? with correct colour, if you can :-) Thank you.

edit: maybe idea for TLG, it would be cool if you can choose the body colour for car. Just like you can at the dealership. chassis etc is given but according to you wish there will be red/yellow/purple/etc bags with bricks for body in your box.

Edited by bob st-claire

For # 42055 do not expect an excavator kind BAGGER.

3000 pieces really seems to me insufficient.

The # 42054, I see it with a mulcher :

440593photo293f08b36.jpg

Edited by Mickael

Volvo - yes yellow and black

Class - more like black, lime and red and log picker crane

BWE - yellow and (dark?) blue.

What scale is the car?

Same as 8070?

The question is: what wheels are used on each models?

Edited by Timoonn

Brick Fanatics reported that BWE: 179.99 £ , Car: 249.99 £ .

This would suggest something I was hoping for:

BWE - huge 3000+ model without PF - great would be to have it with PF option model

Car - much less parts but heavy with PF

I would love this to be true - I am interested in big machines and because I have enough motors it does not make much sense to pay extra 100E for them - huge model with tons of parts and PF eotion has much higher value for me!

Not interested in any kind of sport car though.

Is the 42053 Volvo going to be in the same scale (or at least close enough) as the 42030? I hope so.

I'm guessing it will be a bit smaller, but hope it's close enough.

Nice to finally have some news. All four models seem to have some interesting contributions. I look forward to confirmed details of all four.

BWE is around 50cm in height and slightly longer - according to Huw its the largest Technic set ever in both physical size and part count - over 3000!!

I absolutely can't wait for photo's of this monstous machine!

And we have brickset news

" Technic

42051 Airport rescue vehicle was not being displayed

42053 Volvo EW160E, Looks much like these, primarily yellow and black but with orange accents which looked very smart. It features pneumatics controlled with a pump but no reservoir. I'm not sure how many cylinders. £70

42054 Claas Xerion 5000 tractor. £120. A pretty faithful representation of the real thing. It's lime green, as you'd expect. It's fitted with a red log grabbing attachment and is motorised. It comes with new wheels, as you'd expect, which are massive. The cab rotates 90 degrees to enable the driver to get a better view at the back.

42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator. £180 Oh. My. God. What a fantastic thing! It's absolutely huge! It's the largest Technic model in physical size, by some margin, and also piece count, over 3000. It looks something like the bottom vehicle shown on this page. in that there are two conveyer belts, one lifting material up from the buckets, the other taking it to a nearby truck, which is included. It's hard to estimate the size but it's probably 50cm high and slightly longer. The colour scheme is mostly grey but with a good smattering of yellow beams and dark blue panels. Definitely best in show for me!

42056 'confidential super car'. Exactly what this is was not revealed, and won't be for some months we were told. It's about the size of 8880 and we think it'll be black although, like when prototypes of real cars are test driven, it was covered in 'camouflage' stickers to make it difficult to determine what it is. I can tell you however that it comes with a lot of new curved panels, including mudguards, and weighs in at a massive £250! Chris has fallen in love with the set and thinks it could be a Porsche 911 GT which is certainly possible.

The boxes were mock-ups so it was not possible to determine piece counts or how many motors etc. were in each one. Also, the Technic area was staffed by a 'stand-in' who didn't know a couple of things I asked. So, sorry if the details are a bit vague."

This year is gonna be expensive it all sounds great.

Edited by Rishab N

Really liking the sound or the Xerion and the BWE, I hope the Volvo isn't a bit of a half baked effort which would be a shame after the previous Volvo set. Car sounds good too although not usually my sort of thing. Interesting the fire truck is mentioned again, is it coming??

in that there are two conveyer belts, one lifting material up from the buckets, the other taking it to a nearby truck, which is included

BWE sounds great, including a truck.

Edited by michiel sanders

I'd hoped for a little more details from the Brickset crew, most of us could have estimated the colours of the Volvo and the Class, all seemed a little vague when it comes to Technic, seemed like more details on the City lineup. Never mind, another couple of days is not going to hurt us. I'm still amazed we have not seen the usual leaked prelim pictures this year. Lego has done a great job on keeping them secret this year.

I do think the leaking of prelim pictures gives the forums a good discussion topic over the glum winter months, and can help to build the hype for a product, but I can understand why they would want to protect these from their competition and the risk of the product being slated by the forum members.

(edit) I've re-read the Brickset news again, maybe they shead a fair bit of detail and I was being a little harsh on them.

Edited by paul_delahaye