Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Isnt SLS AMG retired car?What about AMG GT?

Lego's really pushing the part count limit aren't they?

- 2011: Unimog, 2100 pcs

- 2013: Mobile Crane, 2600 pcs

- 2015: MB Arocs, 2800 pcs

- 2016: BWE 3000 pcs

I used to think it's not until 2017 that we see a new limit, but it comes sooner than I thought.

And 1000 pieces in BWE are only link threads :tongue: .

I think it might be Mercedes SLS. It's front engined and many people still think connect it to McLaren due to past partnership of Mercedes and McLaren (producing Mercedes SLR).

I can not think of any other "ultimate" sporstscar with front engine except maybe Aston Martin, but LEGO did not work with them in the past.

Good point, i totally forgot about the McLaren Mercedes SLR, i'd love the SLS/AMG GT

Still wondering how they are going to cram 250 quid worth or value into a set which will be less then 3000 pcs

BWE, 1000 link treads, 1000 pins and 1000 1x1 bricks to dig!

Edited by allanp

Good point, i totally forgot about the McLaren Mercedes SLR, i'd love the SLS/AMG GT

Still wondering how they are going to cram 250 quid worth or value into a set which will be less then 3000 pcs

My bet is fully RC and heavily license fees driven.

1000 link treads, 1000 pins and 1000 1x1 bricks to dig!

1000 sausages and coffee mugs! Edited by Ondra

My bet is fully RC and heavily license fees driven.

probably, not sure if im going to be stoked about a 100 quid car with 100 quid of PF gear strapped to it and 50 in licensing fees :(

Considering

Considering every supercar released by Lego has been around 1400 parts, I would already be quite pleased if they made the set have more than 2000 parts.

As for the price, PF most likely. I don't think license fees play alot into this. This isn't Star Wars, Lego Technic is closer to free advertisement for these companies. I didn't really see license fees in the price of the Unimog, Arocs or Volvo either.

Edited by Appie

I really don't think licencing increases cost that much. The Arocs has a very good price to piece ratio even with the 12 large wheels and tyres, all the big panels and pneumatics, the electric motor and battery box and so on. If it is a Mercedes then if we look back at the previous Mercedes licenced sets we always got fantastic new parts with them so it could very well be worth the high price.

Edited by allanp

Considering

Considering every supercar released by Lego has been around 1400 parts, I would already be quite pleased if they made the set have more than 2000 parts.

As for the price, PF most likely. I don't think license fees play alot into this. This isn't Star Wars, Lego Technic is closer to free advertisement for these companies. I didn't really see license fees in the price of the Unimog or Volvo either.

Licenses in supercars world isnt charity and cannot be compared to heavy machinery...For example diecast models.

Volvo - good price - I am glad it is not all in 100+ GPB category. pneumatic digger, excellent.

Xerion - great

BWE - one I am the most excited - it is pushing limits with price for me, but I love mining machinery.

250GBP car - no, thank you. car does not have enough function to model to justify the price for me. It is simply too much.

I consider myself very fortunate career-wise for european standards, but 250 is too much.

I would pay 500 for submarine that dives, but not 250 for car.

Oh, the CLAAS and Volvo seem very exciting! :sweet:

The IP Car will probably be a Ferrari F12. That car has both front engine and the "awesome" factor.

But, please, don't let it be a Mercedes-AMG GT!!

Oh wait, there's the rumour of the car brand being a 2015 set. Yeah, that probably means Mercedes/McLaren SLS then. Which would be freaking awesome too. I love the gullwing.

That was said by the guy that said that we would get a 300€ 911 GT3 RS. You see where that ended.

Poor MB Arocs, enjoying the status of largest Technic set by piece for only 1 year, while Unimog and Mobile Crane did for 2 years.

so according to promobricks it is other way round with price of car and BWE ( :-((( ):

Volvo EW160E Bagger (42053) £69.99

Class Xerion 5000 Traktor (42054) £119,99 – kommt mit ganzen neuen großen Reifen

Schaufelradbagger (42055) £249,99 – mit über 3.000 Elementen das bisher größte LEGO® Technic Set

„Confidential Technic Ultramotive“ (42056) £178,99 – neuer Sportwagen ähnlich einem McLaren

Hm, so now it's "Confidential Technic Ultramotive"??? We went from Ultimate IP Car to Porsche 911 GT3 RS to Confidential Technic Ultramotive ... lol

We still have no final name and very vague information (but that goes for all Technic sets) - I hope Huw from brickset will give us more information on the four sets.

Is it even a licensed car then, I mean you really must recognize the brand ... why not say it???

Not from London toy fair, pictures should be online from Nuremberg fair this week

honestly, in the era of camera in any phone, I would bet there will be some blurry picture on twitter earlier.

so according to promobricks it is other way round with price of car and BWE ( :-((( ):

Volvo EW160E Bagger (42053) £69.99

Class Xerion 5000 Traktor (42054) £119,99 – kommt mit ganzen neuen großen Reifen

Schaufelradbagger (42055) £249,99 – mit über 3.000 Elementen das bisher größte LEGO® Technic Set

„Confidential Technic Ultramotive“ (42056) £178,99 – neuer Sportwagen ähnlich einem McLaren

These prices are more real. :sweet:

At least we have solid information related to Volvo and Xerion already.

A pneumatic 70 EUR set. I think it probably has a manual pump and wheels of 42024. What a shame, really. I've always wanted a big, complex wheel excavator to complement the 8043.

Poor MB Arocs, enjoying the status of largest Technic set by piece for only 1 year, while Unimog and Mobile Crane did for 2 years.

Yes but look at the quality of that set, 42009/8110 don't even come close to it IMO

BWE north side of £200? That is a REALLY good thing, since it shows that TLG are willing to build a model of that scale and complexity, and instead of lowering the function and part count they are increasing the price.

If the price per part/function is similar to previous flagships I believe we are going to be VERY pleased.

honestly, in the era of camera in any phone, I would bet there will be some blurry picture on twitter earlier.

I would imagine they have no phones allowed in the booth, really not hard to enforce.

Hm, so now it's "Confidential Technic Ultramotive"??? We went from Ultimate IP Car to Porsche 911 GT3 RS to Confidential Technic Ultramotive ... lol

We still have no final name and very vague information (but that goes for all Technic sets) - I hope Huw from brickset will give us more information on the four sets.

Is it even a licensed car then, I mean you really must recognize the brand ... why not say it???

Maybe it is new car that was not already presented in real life...

Maybe it is new car that was not already presented in real life...

For the moment I'm happy that this set exists ... we all had fears it might have been cancelled. Thank god that's not the case at all. I'm sure we'll get very detailed descriptions on all the four sets from Huw in a few hours.

Every year since 2010 only 2 sets come ready with Power Function, so I guess Xerion will be PF-upgradable. Volvo wouldn't have Power Function, which probably means it'll have a hand pump. If so probably Volvo wouldn't need PF at all and wouldn't be PF-upgradable.