Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

So you mean it could be a Lego store exclusive set with a VIP early release? Yes, that's possible of course but damn, I want to see it in at least one of the upcoming Toy Fairs. It's my most anticipated set, even if we know like nothing about it.

So the 2016 Flagship is successfully hidden until publicized. Did that happen for the Arocs last year?

So the 2016 Flagship is successfully hidden until publicized. Did that happen for the Arocs last year?

IIRC no.

So you think they will let the flagship be a bucket wheel excavator with the IP car being an exclusive set? I don't think that's likely.

Edited by allanp

IIRC no.

The curiosity made me go through the 2015 speculations forum. It was so exciting read. It turned out the Arocs full name was leaked on Dec 24, 2014. Interestingly, today is Jan 24 and people know nothing yet. :-)

So you think they will let the flagship be a bucket wheel excavator with the IP car being an exclusive set? I don't think that's likely.

Exactly, I dont think that 42056 will be exclusive.No evidence so far that there is some kind of technic exclusive set for 2016.

Exactly, I dont think that 42056 will be exclusive.No evidence so far that there is some kind of technic exclusive set for 2016.

I think it might be a exclusive TECHNIC.But to my strange,there already have a exclusive set in Aughust and should not be two in a month.The list didn’t write “exclusive”but this set is limited released,which is different form other TECHINC sets in summer。

Limited release sounds to me like these limited small sets such as "8081 extreme cruiser" or that " red racing truck" but no set with this rumoured high price tag.If they want to have some sales, they probably want to promote this set at toy fair.Also I think exclusive technic set is probably bad idea, they need to be wide available.

I think it might be a exclusive TECHNIC.But to my strange,there already have a exclusive set in Aughust and should not be two in a month.The list didn’t write “exclusive”but this set is limited released,which is different form other TECHINC sets in summer。

Hi, it sounds like you have a list of all exclusive D2C LEGO sets for 2016? Will there be another Creator Expert car, I'd love to add another one to the current collection!

Also LEGO Technic 42056 is definitely happening and will it definitely be the Porsche 911 GT3 RS - can you confirm that once and for all with actual proof? Maybe you can share the list you got from the Russian LEGO Store? We just want proof, thanks!

Hi, it sounds like you have a list of all exclusive D2C LEGO sets for 2016? Will there be another Creator Expert car, I'd love to add another one to the current collection!

Also LEGO Technic 42056 is definitely happening and will it definitely be the Porsche 911 GT3 RS - can you confirm that once and for all with actual proof? Maybe you can share the list you got from the Russian LEGO Store? We just want proof, thanks!

You sounds like you cant wait.Relax, take it easy! :grin:

London Toy Fair is officially open (8:30 GMT). :)

It's interesting that this year was a bit of bad mod between London and Nuremberg toy fairs, because german fair (which is bigger) was moved from its usual early february slot to end of january, clashing with London Toy Fair. As it turned out, there is not even a day free between both, making it impossible for smaller companies (which could afford just one booth equipment) to attend both. I'm sure that LEGO will not have those problems and that we will everything on both: first just in descriptions and few days later also pictures from germany.

About big set being exclusive or not: It's not about what TLG wants, but what stores are prepared to order. I heard that even 220euro set like Volvo was a stretch, so I doubt they would be willing to risk with 300/350 euro set.

About big set being exclusive or not: It's not about what TLG wants, but what stores are prepared to order. I heard that even 220euro set like Volvo was a stretch, so I doubt they would be willing to risk with 300/350 euro set.

Maybe they are toying with the idea. This year they'll see if a Technic UCS set will sell or not. And if it does, they'll keep producing new ones in the following years. Even Star Wars or Creator UCS sets must've started small, right?

Seriously... Just wait more information instead of spreading some rumors. :wink:

Edited by Timoonn

I have an idea about Volvo EW160E: What if the motor and batter box are placed under the turntable? The switches will be between the front and rear wheels, and on both side. There are 4 functions: outriggers, front dozer blade, rotating the turntable, and one axle for the things above the turntable. Then the axle will be connected to a pump or a bunch of other gears to control the arm.

According to Brick Fanatics:

Technic

• 42053 Volvo EW – £69.99
    Pneumatic digger
  • 42054 Class Xerion 5000 Trac – £119.99
    Looks like it comes with new huge tires.
  • 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator – £179.99
    Largest ever technic set at over 3000 pieces
  • 42056 Confidential Technic Ultramotive – £249.99
    Some front-engined confidential sportscar build similar to the mclaren (might be a Mclaren?)

Some front-engined confidential sportscar build similar to the mclaren (might be a Mclaren?)

There arent any front engined McLarens that i am aware off, im thinking Aston Martin (DB9/DBS/Vantage, one-77) or Ferrari (F12, California?), perhaps that BMW i8?

According to Brick Fanatics:

Technic

• 42053 Volvo EW – £69.99
    Pneumatic digger
  • 42054 Class Xerion 5000 Trac – £119.99
    Looks like it comes with new huge tires.
  • 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator – £179.99
    Largest ever technic set at over 3000 pieces

Front engine sportscar?Could it be really Porsche 911 GT3 RS?

I think it might be Mercedes SLS. It's front engined and many people still think connect it to McLaren due to past partnership of Mercedes and McLaren (producing Mercedes SLR).

I can not think of any other "ultimate" sporstscar with front engine except maybe Aston Martin, but LEGO did not work with them in the past.

Pneumatic digger...YES!!!! good to hear about the new massive tyres, can't wait to see those. Glad to see that the BWE doesn't appear to have been done half arsed and also glad to hear that the IP car is definitely coming and is the flagship.

Edited by allanp

Well if Lego is making a front engine supercar it pretty much has to be an Aston Martin (or perhaps a Mercedes SLS?). I hope it's an Aston. If I was going to make a supercar, I wanted to use that car as a base, Lego might save me the throuble? :laugh:

edit: Oh wait, there's the rumour of the car brand being a 2015 set. Yeah, that probably means Mercedes/McLaren SLS then. Which would be freaking awesome too. I love the gullwing.

Edited by Appie

Lego's really pushing the part count limit aren't they?

- 2011: Unimog, 2100 pcs

- 2013: Mobile Crane, 2600 pcs

- 2015: MB Arocs, 2800 pcs

- 2016: BWE 3000 pcs

I used to think it's not until 2017 that we see a new limit, but it comes sooner than I thought.