Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Hm, I doubt Huw is the only one to report from London Toy Fair this weekend - I'm sure there'll be people from other LEGO fansites as well.

Edited by Emmi

I just remembered another reason the 911 is a likely candidate over other Porsche models: Isn't the company celebrating an anniversary of the 911 right now? 40th or 50th, IIRC.

My bad, I guess it was 2014.

Edited by rollermonkey

All speculation will come to an end very soon - but I believe mackset said the truth and we'll get a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

We'll get images next Tuesday (promobricks.de, zusammengebaut.de) are just two sites to report, post images, videos, etc. live from Nuremberg Toy Fair press event on January 26th.

I have asked if we'll see images of all the 2H 2016 Technic sets on the 26th already and they said yes, definitely!

I am excited! ... and let's not forget that we'll get descriptions probably by Sunday evening, hopefully!

nuremberg_tf_schedule.jpg

Edited by Emmi

Wow press report, I dont remember this before... :classic: Good to know, thanks!

I know we are going to find out soon but do you think the IP car being dark blue like 41999 would be awesome?

For anyone that's a VERY catalogue customer in the UK, they just sent existing customers a £50 off voucher in the post when you spend £100. The heavy lift helecopter had a list price of £100 and it turned up today.

Unfortunately, I've checked and the code can only be used by the person it was sent to, otherwise I'd happily share it.

For anyone that's a VERY catalogue customer in the UK, they just sent existing customers a £50 off voucher in the post when you spend £100. The heavy lift helecopter had a list price of £100 and it turned up today.

Unfortunately, I've checked and the code can only be used by the person it was sent to, otherwise I'd happily share it.

Is that a Lego specific voucher?

Huw will post detailed descriptions of each 2nd wave Technic set tomorrow evening on brickset.com - he just confirmed that in an E-Mail to me.

So just 24 hours to go, plus on Tuesday afternoon we'll get pictures from promobricks.de!

We are almost there guys, let's take a break and be back tomorrow.

Could an "outlaw" do some "leaks" at the London Toy Fair? Or do they register people to see if they have cameras?

Could an "outlaw" do some "leaks" at the London Toy Fair? Or do they register people to see if they have cameras?

Only select press with invitation from LEGO can access the LEGO booth at London Toy Fair - Huw from brickset.com is one of them.

From what "leaks" are you talking about. Huw will post detailed descriptions of each 2H Technic set tomorrow evening - no pictures allowed though, but we'll get pictures on Tuesday evening, so two days later. It's really no big deal - there's no need for leaks at this point!

Finally we will know what "ultimate ip car" is and if its real...

I think we already know the name (Porsche 911 GT3 RS) ... but we'll get a definite confirmation tomorrow.

I think we already know the name (Porsche 911 GT3 RS) ... but we'll get a definite confirmation tomorrow.

I know, I participate this discussion a lot.But still almost zero info only some new user claimed this.

I will not be so much suprised if its cancelled or never meant to be released.

I know, I participate this discussion a lot.But still almost zero info only some new user claimed this.

I will not be so much suprised if its cancelled or never meant to be released.

I would be VERY surprised if it's cancelled.

I would be VERY surprised if it's cancelled.

Airport fire truck was also "real deal" because was in preliminary catalogue and now its gone..

This is different though - don't be so pessimistic, we'll see tomorrow. :wink:

Remember that just because something was mentioned in a leaked set list does not mean Lego will release it. Non of the sets we have heard about are guaranteed at this point. But also remember that if something does NOT show up at the toy fair that does not mean Lego will NOT release it. The medium sized bull dozer and the fire plane was absent from some toy fair reports and pictures and may have been absent entirely but they still got released. Only thing that 99% certain is that if it shows up a toy fair it will be released. If it does not show up at toy fair it still might be released.

IIRC bulldozer and fire plane were on Nurnberg toy fair, but only few photos were posted.

Also these pricier sets will be on toy fairs for sure.I dont know other chance to promote and made interest in these big sets.

I think it's very possible that there will be no "Ultimate IP car" on both fairs. It is very likely that it will be (if we will get it) a LBR Exclusive or at least from "Hard to Find" section and those rarely (or never) show upon toy fairs.

I hope I'm wrong though,