Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Anyone remember technic challenge with 24 hours race car?What real car they use?

Coincidence?I dont think so...

Also I probably know what IP in "ultimate IP car" means.Could it be ultimate intelligent performance car?

http://www.porsche.c...ernational.aspx

I guess this pretty much confirms what mackset said - that the UIP car will be Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

Very clever from LEGO to use Ultimate IP Car as "project-name" - it must be the Porsche 911 GT3 RS!

Anyone remember technic challenge with 24 hours race car?What real car they use?

Sorry, really wasn't focusing on the car :grin:

New black panels here we come!!!!!

Sorry, really wasn't focusing on the car :grin:

New black panels here we come!!!!!

Probably it will not be same car or type.They probably want to use some kind of supercar and 911 is most "afordable" and they also started with porsche licensing.

I'm just waiting patiently for the Volvo and possibly the Xerion

me too, by the way if Volvo is supposed to be with pneumatics, then how many it will have? Also of which kind, definitely the V2 system. And I do hope that it will not have the B model but will allow builder to made different combinations as in real-life one .

About the tractor, well what revolutionary Lego can do in it ?

I d not have any wonder list on the IP Car as it is too expensive for me... but it will de indeed a good asset for others.. :)

I dont know why is IP car so expensive.Maybe it will be ultimate source of new PF 2.0 in perfect technic car body.

I dont know why is IP car so expensive.Maybe it will be ultimate source of new PF 2.0 in perfect technic car body.

We don't know it is yet...

We don't know it is yet...

If this set is true and not cancelled various source says it will be around 300 euro or dollars.

I have a feeling that it may be in Sheepo's style.

me too, by the way if Volvo is supposed to be with pneumatics, then how many it will have? Also of which kind, definitely the V2 system. And I do hope that it will not have the B model but will allow builder to made different combinations as in real-life one .

About the tractor, well what revolutionary Lego can do in it ?

I d not have any wonder list on the IP Car as it is too expensive for me... but it will de indeed a good asset for others.. :)

I number of pneumatics would depend on the style arm LEGO chooses

If this set is true and not cancelled various source says it will be around 300 euro or dollars.

And if those are all true, it would need to include a gold-plated unicorn for me to consider buying it. I'm neither rich nor poor, and I have enough disposable income to consider myself very very fortunate. But a £229 Lego car? No.

Meanwhile, Volvo will be going BIG at Bauma in April. The mockup of the display stand is just a mockup, but see the duck (wheeled excavator) at the back? http://www.volvoce.com/constructionequipment/corporate/en-gb/press_room/construction_shows_2016/bauma_munich_2016/_layouts/CWP.Internet.VolvoCom/NewsItem.aspx?News.ItemId=151418&News.Language=en-gb

And if those are all true, it would need to include a gold-plated unicorn for me to consider buying it. I'm neither rich nor poor, and I have enough disposable income to consider myself very very fortunate. But a £229 Lego car? No.

Well Im also curious what this car will include.Im aware of license fee, remeber Ferrari technic cars?

Maybe its only very, very detailed RC vehicle.About 2500 pieces and at least three PF motors.

Maybe its only very, very detailed RC vehicle.About 2500 pieces and at least three PF motors.
2 motors more than 42043 for extra 100EUR? If it's Ultimate car I would hope for new great parts, bigger than normal size, and also good use of PF stuff.

2 motors more than 42043 for extra 100EUR? If it's Ultimate car I would hope for new great parts, bigger than normal size, and also good use of PF stuff.

If it is really 911 GT3 RS i dont know what functions this car can have.One servo for steering, two XL motors for driving and maybe one medium or L motor for gearbox.

Its not cabriolet, doesnt have active spoiler and I dont think so they will use functions such as 8070(Electric doors etc) because this isnt in real car.

I still think the Volvo could be a $60-$80 set and still feature pneumatics. Take 8049 for example.

Edited by Sakel

Will we ever have modular Technic sets? Currently this is only seen someway in the pullback combination. This Volvo EWE inspires me to think that it can have several tools as several subsets. I can imagine in the future a basic truck like 42041 that when combined with a subset can become like 42043 or similar to 42009 or other stuff such as fire or dump truck. Of course there can be several subsets and a set may serve as complimentary to A or B model of the main set with so many possibilities. Would that not also be a useful strategy for increasing sales? :-)

Edited by Samer

Will we ever have modular Technical sets? Currently this only seen someway in the pullback combination.

I think the pullback sets combine because the have (relatively) low part counts and special parts. Also, Technic experimented with modular sets in the early 2000s, it did not last long because the combinations were highly illogical.

IMHO this is exactly how the hype is built - one source states 300E without any real evidence ... several others repeat it .... now it is various sources and people take it as sure thing.

As it is said - pic or didnt happen :) ie - I will wait till official word is out.

Btw - what seems to be strange to me - ultimate car is then supposed to be flagship this year? Because I cannot see how would you build realistically looking BWE with less then 3000 pcs.... then ultimate car would be huge detailed model with even more parts?

Nobody knows what the car and price will be. And people who know it will say nothing (here).

Enjoy the wait. :-)

It's 1 and a half day until we know more.

Probably two days or more, because in London toy fair they cannot take photos and only Huw from brickset attend this toy fair.

All I know is that my budget for technic this year has been padded because of the anticipation of the sets that will hopefully see the light of day. im really looking forward to seeing the 2h reveals in the upcoming events

Huw is quite partial to Technic I think, so if he is going to London toy fair this Sunday we will be sure to get some actual real info on at least some of the summer sets. There have been many toy fairs in the past that have had some of the summer sets missing, though it is usually the smaller of the summer sets. Has Huw confirmed that he is going this year?