Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Trusted untrusted, toy fair isnt that far everybody can wait... :sadnew:

oooo! it seems to be "far far away" for most of us here :) :laugh: :laugh:

How long to go, until the Toy Fair?

4 days to London, 7 days to Nuremberg.

10195 kilometers to London, 9491 kilometers to Nuremberg (from Vietnam).

You won the internet :laugh: ...

A new poster claimed it is the GT3, ive seen no confirmation from a trusted source yet.

We'll know in a few days, although i agree that an old car is very unlikely, The only thing related to an old car i can think of lego doing is 41999, with the old school mustang body

That 41999 (mine came w/ plate 19,691) was closer to an old Dodge Charger, the Mustang had a fastback design. The UIP Car might be closer to any of the 3 hypercars. If it's going to command a high price tag, Ferrari FXX or FXX K might be it, if not a Porsche 918 or 918 RSR is likely.

That 41999 (mine came w/ plate 19,691) was closer to an old Dodge Charger, the Mustang had a fastback design. The UIP Car might be closer to any of the 3 hypercars. If it's going to command a high price tag, Ferrari FXX or FXX K might be it, if not a Porsche 918 or 918 RSR is likely.

My mistake, im not that thoroughly schooled on classic american muscle, i just associate the blue with twin white stripes with Ford (because GT40). Googling mustangs though, the 66 doesnt have the fastback roofline.

Anyway, i am also expecting something modern, id prefer a Ferrari FXX-K over a porsche any day

Anyway, i am also expecting something modern, id prefer a Ferrari FXX-K over a porsche any day
I would add "If Porsche - any other than 911 would be preferable".

I would add "If Porsche - any other than 911 would be preferable".

Haha, better include the panamera, cayenne and macan in the "l'd rather not" list as well

Id LOVE a 919Hybrid

If i had a choice, i would choose a non-brand car. Well designed, with lots of functions and lots of possibilities for modifications. I don't care for a real brand, i just go for the functions. There are better ways to get a realistic scale car in my opinion.

I think the ultimate IP car is actually TLG trolling us with a bubble car! Seriously though, are we expecting a new range of RC motors. The PF system has been out since 2008 (is this right?) and compard to other remote control car motors, is a little bit rubbish.

Edited by Technic Jim

I think the ultimate IP car is actually TLG trolling us with a bubble car! Seriously though, are we expecting a new range of RC motors. The PF system has been out since 2008 (is this right?) and compard to other remote control car motors, is a little bit rubbish.

Actually, that wouldn't be surprising. Didn't Lego say that future Power Functions would be based on the same standards as the new WeDo educational sets? This upcoming summer wave could be the one that makes that transition.

EDIT: Apparently that's exactly what'll be happening. The new WeDo motors are literally called "Lpf2.0 Medium Motor" in Lego's customer service database.

Edited by Lyichir

Actually, that wouldn't be surprising. Didn't Lego say that future Power Functions would be based on the same standards as the new WeDo educational sets? This upcoming summer wave could be the one that makes that transition.

EDIT: Apparently that's exactly what'll be happening. The new WeDo motors are literally called "Lpf2.0 Medium Motor" in Lego's customer service database.

So I'm assuming these motors are faster and more powerful?

No matter what the actual car is modeled from, I would love for it to be loaded with real functions and actual car steering geometry. I did have a wierd thought today though. Since we are all pretty much in agreement that the BWE will not be based off of the giants like bagger 288 and 293, would TLG be so sadistic as to make us buy multiple sets to accomplish the über machines?

And I'm hoping the UIP isn't any of the 3 hypercars, but something even more rare and extreme like the W Motors Lycan. That would look incredible in Technic form

No matter what the actual car is modeled from, I would love for it to be loaded with real functions and actual car steering geometry. I did have a wierd thought today though. Since we are all pretty much in agreement that the BWE will not be based off of the giants like bagger 288 and 293, would TLG be so sadistic as to make us buy multiple sets to accomplish the über machines?

And I'm hoping the UIP isn't any of the 3 hypercars, but something even more rare and extreme like the W Motors Lycan. That would look incredible in Technic form

You realize that Lego is in the business of making money, right? Also, there is no indication that the bucket wheel excavator won't be a bagger 288. I'd actually be rather surprised if it weren't a 288, as most people on the street would picture one of those when asked about a bucket wheel excavator.

Regarding the car, for a $300 dollar set Lego would want something with Brand Recognition, something the Lycan, cool as it may be, does not have. Most people would not recognize a Lycan Lego car, wheras most everyone would recognize a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. There are several realities of running a business, and having a cursory knowledge of them can help us guess what the Ultimate IP Car could be. It's okay to have wishes, but we must understand that Lego is a business.

Finally, I'm really surprised, and frankly kind of miffed, that Lego is using the new WeDo 2.0 connectors as standard for Power Functions. I've talked about this elsewhere, but there are honestly no good reasons for the system to be set up the way it is. Also, if the new motors have encoders, that will just drive up the price. I don't think merging Power Functions and Mindstorms is a good idea. Far better would be for Lego to have separate motors and sensors for different things, and just a common connector. Also, why did they feel the need to change around the M motor to have more studded connections? When is that ever going to be used, and why does it not extend the full length of the motor?

Honestly, I hope the WeDo stuff stays where it is, and PF 2.0 is something else...although, going by what's been said, that might not be happening.

It almost looks like it is worth starting a totally new topic for the WeDo to explain it to people who, like me, have no idea what it is or what it can do.

It almost looks like it is worth starting a totally new topic for the WeDo to explain it to people who, like me, have no idea what it is or what it can do.

Recently, this topic about WeDo 2.0 has been created.

WeDo 2.0 - The future of PF

Anyone remember technic challenge with 24 hours race car?What real car they use?

Coincidence?I dont think so...

Also I probably know what IP in "ultimate IP car" means.Could it be ultimate intelligent performance car?

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/intelligent-performance/international.aspx

I think your on to something there, all the pieces fit together now. Edited by andrewganschow

It can't be a W Motors Lycan, aside from rare stones used in it's headlights, the car is an exclusive in Kuwait meaning it has not much brand recognition as big names like Ferrari McLaren or Porsche or even Ford with it's Mustang, GT, and F-Series nameplates. Considering that Lego has been toying with a Porsche 911 since the 42039 came out last year, it might seem to be plausible that the UIP car taking the guise of a 911 GT3 is likely though my fingers are still crossed for a Ferrari FXX K or a Porsche 918 RSR/ 918 Spyder.