Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Well there are many sets in the 300€+ range, it is about time for a Technic one.

I hope they will focus in functions instead of looks.

Do you expect "high quality" packaging kind of 41999 or Wall-E, or just a regular box.

In my opinion, I dont know what will cost 300€ on this car.Probably it will be fully rc or with new motor, but still I dont know why is so pricier.If this car isnt at least 1:8 and with 2500 pieces + all possible PF components I dont know.

Also if this price is heavily license driven, my interest is lost.Use of real car is laziness for designers, before they done several interesting "technic brand" supercars without any design and functions limitation.

Also if this price is heavily license driven, my interest is lost.Use of real car is laziness for designers, before they done several interesting "technic brand" supercars without any design and functions limitation.

I doubt licensing a Lego car represents any meaningful price difference and from a marketing standpoint it makes a lot of sense.

Not every licensing is the same. For example, there is only one Star Wars, you license it or not period. However sport cars... there are many brands and Lego does not make so many models, it may represent such a great marketing tool that it makes more sense to ensure your competition does not get access to that tool than to try to hike your licensing fees.

Modeling a real car is harder than modeling some random sport design, you are bound to a certain shape and thus quite limited in your options, it needs to be recognizable. Luckily that affects exclusively to form not function, so I don't see licensing causing any limitation in that regard.

You guys know what's even more spooky ... the #1 post uses this image for set 42056 Ultimate IP Car or 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

porsche-918-rsr-xl.jpg

Yeah, it's not the 911 GT3 RS but it's a Porsche ... as if Ondra would have known from the very beginning of this thread :grin:

What I can say?Im big fan of Porsche :laugh: ...Also this car is very pretty :thumbup: .

In serious voice-I think about most profitable market for technic, that is Germany and what is last german supercar?You are right!Porsche 918, so If I go after most iconic it will be 911 or 917 for ultimate racing car.

Edited by Ondra

I so hope that this - so far rumor - is true. As for the color scheme I'm hoping for white - orange - that's a typical Porsche color and looks great!

Hopefully it will not be (dark) red - we had enough red cars in the past.

Just found this here on Eurobricks :laugh:

pTRUCA1-10480372_alternate1_dt.jpg

Edit: Notice it's ultimate. someone at TLG is trolling us :devil:

Edited by aol000xw

argh ... get this away from me ... no MegaBloks advertisement in here :devil:

Nah seriously ... this is not how the Technic version will look like - it will look better!

Edited by Emmi

Just found this here on Eurobricks :laugh:

Edit: Notice it's ultimate. someone at TLG is trolling us :devil:

Two brands, same car for ultimate model?

I want to believe :devil:

I so hope that this - so far rumor - is true. As for the color scheme I'm hoping for white - orange - that's a typical Porsche color and looks great!

Hopefully it will not be (dark) red - we had enough red cars in the past.

And we already have a white-orange set this year (Helicopter).

And we already have a white-orange set this year (Helicopter).

This was colour for first presentation,

landscape-1436375657-gfw-9299.jpg

Edited by Ondra

Damn, a boring 911 :sceptic: I appreciate the engineering behind the body it, but the looks are simply boring. The only hope is it having advanced LEGO engineering as well!

What I saw came from the Japanese LEGO store so the price I knew were not in US dollar.They also told me the new sets had a 10% price rise in average beyond old one.

There are 4 sets of TECHNIC in summer in the list.

Would you mind sending your list, the entire list you got from this Japanese LEGO store to our fellow user here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showuser=23274

That would be amazing from you, thank you. No worries, it's a trusted source and doesn't leak!

This was colour for first presentation,

landscape-1436375657-gfw-9299.jpg

That color looks good to me - a orange/red tongue would be perfect I guess!

The Megablocks is from 2011, it will be really surprising if in the end TLG releases a silver Ultimate Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Looking at how awesome that looks I think I'd like a big model with a few very specialized parts for a perfect bodywork, but with a full Technic chassis. Kind of a modernized and highly detailed 8860 and a RC bodyword over it.

3580211583_5627224b21.jpg +

s-l1000.jpg

With new buggy motors and RF remote, that's it.

I was still hoping for a Porsche 918 RSR or at least a Ferrari FXX K, yes the 911 is an iconic car but it is no where near being the ultimate car, preference wise probably it but in terms of technology and features, the 3 hypercars have those.

I aslo guess 911. It's iconic and still in production, unlike the holly trinity.

our poor wallets :cry_sad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hello,

I am new here.

Let me weight in.

Assuming it is true that "ultimate IP car" is already used in other form in Lego Racers.

You keep forgetting this: 75876-1: Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane

(picture found via google)

4bb77d9a40f2592f5e12fe02fdae1055.jpg

And there is one of the most ultimate cars ever - almighty 917K.

Lets think about it!

tube space frame (perfect for Lego) chassis, 12cylinder flat engine (lots of moving parts - never used configuration of engine in factory set), huge vertical axle fan, bonkers suspension geometry (e.g. pedals in front of front axle), 3 pedals, manual gearbox (not so modern but better for Technic and much better playability - much better than electronically shifted flappy paddle gearboxes - do not forget Lego is mainly for kids - most customers are kids/parents buying for kids).

Old - read as "classic" - car is far better for Lego than its modern grandchildren like 911/918 or so.

I would jump 2m high if it is 917K (3 m if it is in Gulf oil colours)

(Also car to consider is upcoming Ford GT which Ford intend to race ar LeMans in 2016....I hope it is 917)19gszrwz9ya90jpg.jpg

Edited by bob st-claire

*snip*

Well, the guy comfirmed it was a GT3, and all the licensed Technic sets have been pretty new machines (mostly for marketing), so an old racecar seems unlikely.

Aslo, there's no need to make the font that small. It makes the text hard to read.

MB gullwing would be great, I know sheepo already made MOC of it, but it would be nice to see official set with new stuffs

546b788669790_-_2013-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-gt-01-lg.jpg

Edited by chrisanseti

Well, the guy comfirmed it was a GT3, and all the licensed Technic sets have been pretty new machines (mostly for marketing), so an old racecar seems unlikely.

Aslo, there's no need to make the font that small. It makes the text hard to read.

A new poster claimed it is the GT3, ive seen no confirmation from a trusted source yet.

We'll know in a few days, although i agree that an old car is very unlikely, The only thing related to an old car i can think of lego doing is 41999, with the old school mustang body