Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I saw the production list yesterday and I knew what’s IP car was(I’m not sure whether I can said its true name now).What I can say is that the so called “IP car”is a licensed set and this car might already appeared in another LEGO set of 2015(if I am right).And the price is so high~

Also I saw there are three sets in summer have a higher price than 42052, the 2H set seems more expensive than 42043

Now you've got me interested ... please share the name ... and the price, thank you!

I mean what's the big deal ... we have the names for all other 2H sets for a few months now, it's doing noone any harm since we won't get to see pictures anyways.

Oh I'm confused, if this rumour of "IP car" being an oversized car from last year's IP range is true.The list is quite short and not really sure which model would deserve the "Ultimate Technic set" name. Although F40 has been released in Creator line, I would most likely love to see this one as Ultimate more than any else of 2015th models.

What I can say is that the so called “IP car”is a licensed set and this car might already appeared in another LEGO set of 2015(if I am right).

If that is true, then it would imply that the UIP car will be a larger-scale version of one of the cars in one of last year's Speed Champions sets, the most prominent and therefore marketable of which were the three hypercars ...

Edit - With the F40 being released somewhat faithfully in Creator Expert I would be very surprised to see it pop up again as the UIP car.

Also I saw there are three sets in summer have a higher price than 42052, the 2H set seems more expensive than 42043

That would be three non-flagships for more than £110 each (the RRP for 42052 in the UK). I'm glad that all the sets will be substantial but my wallet is begging for mercy already!

Edited by Jay Psi

Oh really?Why they in annual report say that most income for lego came also from technic line?

:D I like pie

But I'd definetely agree that technic gives LEGO the most income

If ultimateness is the name of the game, F40 seems logical as Jeremy Clarkson pointed out that it is the most beautiful car he's ever driven. Otherwise we're looking at one of the holy trinity hypercars making the upper ranks as the Ultimate IP Car.

Hm, I hope it's not the F40 - we already got a proper F40 with the Creator Expert set last year and I think in Technic this car would look like a total mess, it's a very difficult shape to build with bricks, especially Technic ones!

My guess is that it might be the McLaren P1, although a Porsche 911 would be very cool!

Edited by Emmi

Hm, I hope it's not the F40 - we already got a proper F40 with the Creator Expert set last year and I think in Technic this car would look like a total mess, it's a very difficult shape to build with bricks, especially Technic ones!

Yeah you are right even in creator range, it looks like mess.They probably use bad scale...

I could see it being a Porsche 911. Its an iconic car that even non Lego collectors could enjoy, so my bet is on a 911. A P1 would also make sense but the curves would be very hard to model properly.

It's amazing guys how the lack of news don't deter you from speculating and this thread does not lose steam at all.

From the first post I see that it is still Volvo, Claas, BWE and U. IP Car, apparently being the car the bigger one.

So for those of us who didn't chew over the 100 pages Is there anything else confirmed, like relative size or price range? Is correct the first post order, the Volvo the smaller one?

I think the Volvo Excavator is about 100 euros. :classic:

I am only going to be interested in getting the BWE, Claas and the Volvo.... my poor wallet :cry_sad:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Last rumour from today is, that none of 2H set is cheaper than set 42052.

A large scale car like what the guys present on here would be great. My money is on the Mclaren from the speed champions range. I think it would have more impact visualy. Looking forward to it.

H

Edited by Horace T

5 days until London Toy Fair -> descriptions of each set :sweet:

8 days until Nuremberg Toy Fair -> pictures and videos of each set :grin:

The "IP" bit does sound more Mclaren to me. Might be a clue on their road car wesbite.

H

Retail price: £99.99 / $139.99 / 119.99€

Ok, because I'd rather pay a little more a get a good set. I for one don't get the smaller sets. So this means that the excavator might be The same scale as 42030

Edited by aminnich

I aslo guess 911. It's iconic and still in production, unlike the holly trinity.

my poor wallet :cry_sad:

our poor wallets :cry_sad:

Edited by Kaanere

I thought we had rumored prices of like $60 for the volvo, 150 for the Claas, and 220 for the bucket wheel excavator. Finally, the Ultimate IP car is $330. But, if the rumors of everything being more expensive than 42052 is true, you would think the Claas and the Volvo would be $150 each, as moving up the price of everything else makes little sense. Also, if it is indeed the case that it starts at $150 for these sets, they better be really nice, rather than grossly overpriced.

CANT WAIT FOR PICTURES ANYMORE

Please don't post in all caps. There's a bold function available so you don't have to treat it like you're talking on your phone or Twitter. And while I appreciate and understand your enthusiasm, please do your best to contribute more to the discussion. For a refresher on the Site Guidelines, please refer to the links in my signature. Thank you for continuing to be a valued member of our community.

What I saw came from the Japanese LEGO store so the price I knew were not in US dollar.They also told me the new sets had a 10% price rise in average beyond old one.

There are 4 sets of TECHNIC in summer in the list.

Edited by mackset

What I saw came from the Japanese LEGO store so the price I knew were not in US dollar.They also told me the new sets had a 10% price rise in average beyond old one.

There are 4 sets of TECHNIC in summer in the list.

Can you tell us the final name please. Thanks.