Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I have a feeling that it will be a completely different brand.

Did TLC ever release a Mercedes or Volvo or CLAAS before they were Technic sets? Have they done other sets of those brands/companies besides Technic? And have they done sets of different types of machinery on each brand?

So far, it seems this way:

Mercedes-Benz: trucks

Volvo: construction machinery

CLAAS: farm equipment?

So, for a car company, it could be a completely new license.

But that makes it easy to follow, right? :laugh:

To quote Bubba J

NASCAR is easy to follow when you're hammered:)

Commentary: And he's making a left turn. ... a left turn .... ....

To quote Bubba J

NASCAR is easy to follow when you're hammered:)

Commentary: And he's making a left turn. ... a left turn .... ....

I love that part :laugh:

Well, it's true that they lift the front wheels a little, but a wheelie, hardly.

The bar is there to keep it from flipping when the front end is coming of the ground when it ain't suppose to do that.

And they still need to steer to keep it on the track.

Power puller steer with the back tires, because the front ones stay off the ground for a long time.

Theoretically it's a "wheelie" when fronttires don't touch the ground anymore.

That's why they call it the wheeliebar, otherwise the car would loose control/flip over. I like the wheelie feature of this lego model, it's a bit too much, but otherwise it would be very difficult to make the car "stand".

Edited by Bering

We are going off-topic, please let's go back to discussing and speculating the 2H 2016 Technic sets.

We are not going off topic, it's Technic 2016 DISCUSSION and Speculation topic.

We are discussing a feature on a Technic 2016 set.

The new Heavy Lift Helicopter (42052) is an impressive set, the helicopter is 255-pieces shy of the 42025's 1,297-piece count but once built (took me 7-8 hours) is big, the blades counter rotate though I wish Lego made it's M-Motor upgradeable to an L-Motor for faster operation of it's electric functions.

Wheelie bars are of course meant to keep the front of a car down, because steering is very much needed on a drag strip. Once a car starts doing a wheelie, you better hope it doesn't starting to turn!

But that as said, wheelies look cool as heck so of course it makes for a neat feature in a set.

We are going off-topic, please let's go back to discussing and speculating the 2H 2016 Technic sets.

Emmi, please refrain from mini-modding this topic. There's a report button, which you can use if you think the discussion is going south, but don't act as a Moderator.

The new Heavy Lift Helicopter (42052) is an impressive set, the helicopter is 255-pieces shy of the 42025's 1,297-piece count but once built (took me 7-8 hours) is big, the blades counter rotate though I wish Lego made it's M-Motor upgradeable to an L-Motor for faster operation of it's electric functions.

A strange (most likely printing error) but in Polish catalog it says that 42052 comes with Large Motor :)

Someone here is probably unaware of what the word "speculation" means, we are all trying to puzzle things out and giving insights about what the forthcoming sets for Technic will be. TLG IMHO left us some breadcrumbs with the existing licenses it has with European manufacturers. BUT what left me speculating more are the BMW and Ford licenses, sure BMW has done a deal before with the Williams F1 car from the early 2000's but the Ford side of the story takes things higher as both will closely be celebrating the anniversaries of their marque and model just a year apart. Ford cashing in with the recent success of TLG by lending it the Ford GT license just makes sense.

A strange (most likely printing error) but in Polish catalog it says that 42052 comes with Large Motor :)

Yep only an M-Motor, I tried the L-Motor it won't but it will with extensive modifications and our friend PPUNG DADDY in youtube RC-fied a 42052 you might wanna take a look into that:)

About IP car.

Where are sed that this is license set? There is already 2 this year, Volvo and Claas. I dont think this would be 3rd one. Also, everyone is telling that this will be somekind of supercar, but can actually be somekind of SUV or just a car ;)

Edited by Riimak

Or least important. Technic is a very small slice of the pie.

Oh really?Why they in annual report say that most income for lego came also from technic line?

About IP car.

Where are sed that this is license set? There is already 2 this year, Volvo and Claas. I dont think this would be 3rd one. Also, everyone is telling that this will be somekind of supercar, but can actually be somekind of SUV or just a car ;)

I saw the production list yesterday and I knew what’s IP car was(I’m not sure whether I can said its true name now).What I can say is that the so called “IP car”is a licensed set and this car might already appeared in another LEGO set of 2015(if I am right).And the price is so high~

Also I saw there are three sets in summer have a higher price than 42052, the 2H set seems more expensive than 42043

another LEGO set of 2015(if I am right).And the price is so high~

Well if that is the case then last years sets that had "cars with a licence" where:

• Ferrari
  • Porsche
  • Mclaren
  • Mercedes

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I saw the production list yesterday and I knew what’s IP car was(I’m not sure whether I can said its true name now).What I can say is that the so called “IP car”is a licensed set and this car might already appeared in another LEGO set of 2015(if I am right).And the price is so high~

Also I saw there are three sets in summer have a higher price than 42052, the 2H set seems more expensive than 42043

Is this true? Or are you just trying to have some fun with us?

Feel free to say that name of ip car, its still rumour in this case and toy fair isnt that far.Also is good that volvo is set with price around 100 euro, it will be great set.Probably full of pneumatic!

Edited by Ondra

If is somebody interested, Volvo 160E official video

And Claas xerion official video