Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

At first glance it looks like the 42029, when looking closer it seems to me like it has bigger wheels with different style.

That's because it is pimped 42029. Wheels are photoshoped.

I'm guessing that's why the poster says "express yourself"

Probably meaning modify the sets to make them your own.

If it's not 42029, then maybe the new ip car will be a copy of 42029 only it's going to be called Raptor, think it's a Ford.

It's a 42029 on big wheels with low profile.

Edited by pgplay

I worry we may end up looking like fools with all this speculation once the IP car is revealed.

Nah, that's just a normal day for everyone (myself included) who has been speculating in this thread already! :laugh:

If it's not 42029, then maybe the new ip car will be a copy of 42029 only it's going to be called Raptor, think it's a Ford.

Hardly. Too little time has passed since 42029 to be done it again. Not that I mind, would like to have big brother to my 42029

Also, we've seen a similar poster before, remember the whole 42039 debacle? Basically, it's an in house motivational poster and has no bearing on any sets released now or ever.

simple :

the BWE is suppose to target the German market in special

the "express yourself" a custom (pretty) pickup the USA market (where such cars are very popular) a proper V8 custom rims etc...

The rest of the World will have to "live" with Volvo and Claas :) :)

simple :

the BWE is suppose to target the German market in special

the "express yourself" a custom (pretty) pickup the USA market (where such cars are very popular) a proper V8 custom rims etc...

The rest of the World will have to "live" with Volvo and Claas :) :)

It feels great to be the rest of the world:)

Don't have to many pigs to drive them around in the pickup truck ;)

As Germany is a next door neighbour, think I could give the bwe a go as well

8 7 days until London Toy Fair 2016 where we can expect precise descriptions of each 2H 2016 Technic set. (not sure about the Ultimate IP Car though) (alongside all other 2H sets of the other themes)

11 10 days until Nuremberg Toy Fair 2016 where we will see proper pictures and videos of each 2H 2016 Technic set.

I could not be more excited ... but then again the wait until the actual street date of each set (August) will be a tough wait for sure.

Edited by Emmi

LEGO and Ford have announced some sort of partnership at the Detroit Auto Show. They announced a Mustang and an F-150 Raptor for the Speed Champions line. I wonder if this is another hint that the Technic IP Car could be a Ford?

LEGO and Ford have announced some sort of partnership at the Detroit Auto Show. They announced a Mustang and an F-150 Raptor for the Speed Champions line. I wonder if this is another hint that the Technic IP Car could be a Ford?

Have you got a link or more info on this please?

Im not saying it isnt a Ford, but theyve got partnerships with many brands, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, McLaren, Chevy, and others in the past as well (BMW, Lambo), it could just as easily be any of those.

Could be something unbranded even, going with a replica of a real vehicle would tie their hands in regards to what kind of features/structures they can use, so if they want to build an ultimate supercar (ignoring the Intelectual Property interpretation of the IP bit here), something unbranded might offer them more freedom.

Let's hope London/Nuremberg give us some more info!

Unless Ferrari lends its license approval the Ultimate IP Car might turn out to be a LaFerrari or even an FXX K, the Ford license is among and probably the first American car license TLG ever had though I might be wrong because so far Lego has past and present licenses only with European marques, off topic I would love to see Lego turning a Land Rover Defender into a Technic or Creator license, but if this is any indication the IP Car presents Ford with an opportunity to jump into the Lego bandwagon and cash in with TLG's current market success not to mention the Ford GT is celebrating that 50th anniversary of it's 1966 Le Mans win, in it's current form the GT has a modern yet unmistakably classic lines which is still inline with the 60's original and the 2005 - 2006 series production model. The car is low slung, long and wide matched to a V6 engine and RWD layout.

But then again I could be wrong with the Ford license and might turn out to be limited to the recently announced Mustang and Raptor truck.

Edited by MrPaulo23

Lego has the Volvo license, too. There are not a lot of sexy sports car type Volvo's to choose from, but a retro Volvo Wagon Turbo would be excellent! One can dream... :)

Too bad LEGO doesn't have the Land Rover license yet ... a Land Rover all-terrain vehicle would be perfect for LEGO Technic.

The Ford Raptor would be amazing as well - but tbh I would prefer a LEGO Creator Expert set for the Ford Raptor.

Also I really enjoyed the modular building style they used for the Mercedes Benz Arocs 3245 ... hope TLG can continue this with future sets.

technic_modular.jpg

Edited by Emmi

A Ford licence? That would explain the colours of the dragracer. This blue is the same colour as the original Ford GT.

What about Caterham Super Seven? It is a Creator like MOC and is currently under review on LEGO Ideas. Acquiring license wouldn't stop from building a Technic model too. Car seems to be proved cool and existing over the years, sort of not ageing classic.

About the dragster, I don't understand the wheelie function.

Real dragsters don't make wheelies.

If they do, they can't be steered over the track.

A Ford licence? That would explain the colours of the dragracer. This blue is the same colour as the original Ford GT.

As sad as it may seem, from the lego colour pallet the Medium Azure is the closest to the oryginal colours of the LeMans GT40. The second colour is orange like in the 42048 Race kart

The 1966 GT40 was a great car, it would be a nice thing to have in Lego. Only thing - I'm not a collector so after a couple of days I'd be left with a pile of ugly liftarms and panels, which are hard to use in anything other than the set - the colour is an eyesore.

About the dragster, I don't understand the wheelie function.

Real dragsters don't make wheelies.

If they do, they can't be steered over the track.

Look for funny car on YouTube

The frame in the back is in every funny car and 42050 is a funny car. The reason for the frame is for the car not to flip when it accelerates, because it lifts the front wheels when it's accelerating. The car has no need for steering as it's racing in a straight line

Americans, they either race in a straight line - drag, quater mile or just keep making a left turn - NASCAR.

Edited by pgplay

Americans, they either race in a straight line - drag, quater mile or just keep making a left turn - NASCAR.

But that makes it easy to follow, right? :laugh: