Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

€85 for the IP car actually sounds promissing, something that size is much less likely to be a huge disappointment (to me at least)

I know this question is a little out in left field, but what if the UIPV is nothing innovative, and merely a super expensive parts set?

It's russia and crazy resellesrs. Drag racer listed in this shop costs roughly 160-200 euro. Just do not trust)

Thanks for the clear up, my wallet can rest a little bit easer now. :laugh:

Morning all,

I stumbled across this last night, which many of you may of seen:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/91641

Could this be the scale we should expect of the Volvo and or where TLG got there inspiration? Sadly not very well supported which seems to be the way for Lego Ideas of the Technic vain!

That set actually looks promising as a candidate for for the Volvo set. I wish Technic ideas could get more attention though.

It's a pity there are no photo's available by now. We will have to wait till 27th of january. I think we dont have to expect too much from the BWE. Of course it has lots of functionaltiy but you are limited by the parts you have. The scale can't be much bigger than 8043 because it would be nonsense if you have a extremely long and thin tracks, and the turntable is a tricky thing as well. TLC could use double tracks but i dont think they will do that. I also don't think there is a chance they will design new big tracks, because the BWE doesn't cost too much which means it will not be extremely big. however, I'm sure they will use the new turntable.

------------------------------------

edit after a few hour:

hmm maybe they will use double tracks because real BWE's have that as well.

40142-2839683.jpg

some have a single pair of tracks

40142-2689717.jpg

some have a lot of tracks.

would TLG use multiple tracks?

btw; is there a way tu cut your pictures. i wasnt able to do that but that can be my fault.

Edited by roppie11

I can imagine a moderately sized one akin to the blue one with single tracks, I can't imagine they'd go with anything bigger without it getting a bit too expensive.

And technically, the single-tracked one in a fair size could still be a fully working BWE on par with the bigger ones with multiple tracks, it doesn't have to be in the realistic scale of the size of a mall :laugh:

I just saw the new and first ever Ford licensed sets for the Speed Champions line and while this has nothing to do with the Technic line in general, its the Ford licensing that makes quite sense. I'm still baffled as to what this rumored Ultimate IP Car would look like, with Ford being part of Lego's licensing mix, could a Ford GT be the IP Car's final form? to think it has the basics of what I think a future supercar will have, RWD swooping body lines mid-mounted V6 and retro-futuristic design. Could it really be? Throwing out an American license for the IP Car also coincides with Ford's 50th anniversary of it's 1966 1-2-3 win at Le Mans which saw Ferrari eating dust and launching Bill "Deuce" Ford II's rivalry with Enzo Ferrari.

The Speed Champions line has the Mustang GT350, Ford F-150 Raptor and a Ford Model T Hot Rod, missing is the Ford GT, if the Blue Oval is indeed involved with this rumored TLG project, that's going to be a sweet looking set!

Edited by MrPaulo23

If this is true, and I know it is rumor, but if it is true I would get a $300 set. I love the GT!! They gotta put a sound kit it there though, I need that vroom ;)

This could be quite exciting. From your information it makes sense for the model to be the 2016 Ford GT, opposed to the 1966 Ford GT40 (although I would love it to be the other way around). Up until this point I never considered that the model could've been a Ford but now with this information it makes sense.

Lately I have been thinking that it could be the Bugatti Chiron (not officially presented).

Think of it: AWD, 1500 Cv, gorgeous body...

Aslo, they have the VAG license for Speed Champions (Audi) and model car series (VW T1), so it's not entirely impossible.

There are also Chevy Corvette and Camaro in Speed Champions - way too many possibilities...

But the Ford GT is the more interesting one between Corvette and GT but we never know, we have at ;east 2 weeks before the 2016 Nuremberg Toy Fare starts.

The ford GT would be interesting for the IP car, especially if they use blue like the GT that was at the Detroit Auto Show. We need more blue panels. And not another weird shade of blue either.

How far it to the Toys Fair ? It is on 27th ? Hope that some leak pictures will be sooner ! :)

The ford GT would be interesting for the IP car, especially if they use blue like the GT that was at the Detroit Auto Show. We need more blue panels. And not another weird shade of blue either.

i predict the use of yet another slightly different shade of blue, as is tradition

as for licenses, lego has deals with ferrari, porsche and mclaren as well, all of which have cars which are more ultimate then the ford gt

If these prices are real I am disappointed Just noticed that poster on the wall.

At 0.34

Edited by LXF