Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I try to avoid actively participating in the discussion, but I think you hit the nail of the head. That makes a lot of sense.

(although I hope you are wrong and we will see it later this year)

Agreed on the hoping well see it this year

As mostly a racing/car interested technic fan, otherwise the €30 go kart will be the biggest set this year to catch my interest..

I try to avoid actively participating in the discussion, but I think you hit the nail of the head. That makes a lot of sense.

(although I hope you are wrong and we will see it later this year)

+1 hopefully it's coming later this year.

What if the new IP car had some sort of new pneumatic 2.0 part that simulates disc brakes and/or a clutch. A new pneumatic part like this would likely drive some demand, even if the price is high, and possibly earn the 'ultimate' name.

I would rather have new suspension pieces to get proper steering geometry rather than brakes or a clutch.

I would rather have new suspension pieces to get proper steering geometry rather than brakes or a clutch.

+1

Has noone ever questioned the meaningfulness of 2 in 1 sets (Technic). To date I have never build a B model because to me at least the A model is always the better choice - both in building experience and final looks. Why not let 2 in 1 sets completely go for the big sets (they can still do it with the smaller ones) and put even more focus on the main model?

IMO having B model greatly contributes to the value and richness of the set. It makes it less boring, more build-able, more playable, and triggers creativity by showing that there are other stuff that can be done with the pieces. Having B model for smaller sets also says they aint small at all and ideas are always there. Not sure if this was off-topic but felt tempted to say.

or a zero offset wheel.

Most supercars have wheels with a very large positive offset as well as a large diameter and very low profile tiles which makes lots of room inside the wheel. As you can see in the picture below, the wheel nuts are pretty much level with the most outward face of the tyre.

aston-martin-db9-volante-supercar-wheel-1920x600.jpg

Edited by allanp

I found something interesting on these russian webpages.For bucket wheel excavator they say that this set is remote controlled, will have own app and is under theme Lego Technic-Working technology.I dont know what this mean, but xerion on same webpages doesnt have this.

https://e-gamestore....uct/view/49/864

So first set with new PF?

Prices Volvo 10990 RUB

Xerion 9990 RUB

BWE 39 990 RUB

42056 6990 RUB.

Not sure if real prices or not.

Edited by Ondra

App is probably just for instructions.

I never saw app instructions for such a huge set.Or it will be some kind of game that tie in with this set.

I found something interesting on these russian webpages.For bucket wheel excavator they say that this set is remote controlled, will have own app and is under theme Lego Technic-Working technology.I dont know what this mean, but xerion on same webpages doesnt have this.

https://e-gamestore....uct/view/49/864

So first set with new PF?

Prices Volvo 10990 RUB

Xerion 9990 RUB

BWE 39 990 RUB

42056 6990 RUB.

Not sure if real prices or not.

If the prices are right: Volvo 134 euro, Xerion 122 euro, BWE 480 euro ??, and IP Car 85 euro. BWE seems a tad high to me.

In eastern part of Europe LEGO is roughly 20% more expensive. So keep that in mind when converting RUB to EUR.

The russians has probably done too much reading here on eurobricks to pick up some of our wishes about BWE being RC, and then on top of that they got their prices all wrong :sceptic: BUT, actually the price for volvo and xerion makes sense, however for the BWE and "IP car", it does not.

Interesting post on TechnicBRICKS about WeDo 2.0. Here's a snippet.

"Q: Why do you call the elements PF when the connectors are not compatible?

A: We call them PF because it is linking up to the new platform. WeDo 2.0 is not compatible with the old WeDo. Although all future PF will be compatible with the new platform introduced with WeDo 2.0."

The prices from the Russian site seem weird. Over 400 euro for a BWE? Ultimate IP car being so cheap?

Edited by allanp

I think price for BWE is double, but as stated prices for xerion and volvo seems OK.

Edited by Ondra

These prices are pre-order prices. Real russian prices will be ~twice lower or ~2/3 from that prices (if rubles won't become lower). Also, russian prices are not 20% more expensive than european. Only less than 5% more.

Edited by dimaks13

Looking at those sets and this price list, one conclusion is coming to my head: it doesn't make sense. At all.

Looking at those sets and this price list, one conclusion is coming to my head: it doesn't make sense. At all.

Can you post please proper pricing for each set?