Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

That would be nice. A Xerion tractor with the turnable cab as an a model and the sadletrac as an b model. Gives us lots of ways fof modding and moccing.

Looking at past licensed sets, every of them had licensed B model as well. So Ondra, you might have right about B model :)

That would be nice. A Xerion tractor with the turnable cab as an a model and the sadletrac as an b model. Gives us lots of ways fof modding and moccing.

Pricevortex also techlug say it will be variable cab version.

Looking at past licensed sets, every of them had licensed B model as well. So Ondra, you might have right about B model :)

:classic:

Another question for myself is if it will be in scale of past technic tractors.And if there will be more of claas such as harvester.

Has noone ever questioned the meaningfulness of 2 in 1 sets (Technic). To date I have never build a B model because to me at least the A model is always the better choice - both in building experience and final looks. Why not let 2 in 1 sets completely go for the big sets (they can still do it with the smaller ones) and put even more focus on the main model?

Has noone ever questioned the meaningfulness of 2 in 1 sets (Technic). To date I have never build a B model because to me at least the A model is always the better choice - both in building experience and final looks. Why not let 2 in 1 sets completely go for the big sets (they can still do it with the smaller ones) and put even more focus on the main model?

Meaningfulness is for marketing, nothing more nothing less. Edited by Ondra

Hello all as this is my premiere post, I shall begin with a small series of questions.

1. Isn't the Claas tractor from the Lego fan build?

2. That being said, wouldn't it also make sense for the tractor to be a limited release like the blue crawler truck?

3. Assuming the first 2 statements are true, wouldn't that also make the price point higher for said model?

Hi Jub, welcome to Eurobricks and the Technic forum - happy posting :classic:

Once upon a time, LEGO was about creativity and there was often no set, specific way to use the bricks contained within.

The A-model is designed with no regard for a potential B-model, then someone takes the parts and makes something else. Having a B-model is most certainly in keeping with LEGO's ideal of fostering creative play.

Hello all as this is my premiere post, I shall begin with a small series of questions.

1. Isn't the Claas tractor from the Lego fan build?

2. That being said, wouldn't it also make sense for the tractor to be a limited release like the blue crawler truck?

3. Assuming the first 2 statements are true, wouldn't that also make the price point higher for said model?

1.No, from lego designer.

2.Again No, it will be regular set with price about 130 euro.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I hope the BWE is based on the bagger 293 or 288. It's one model I'm sure will give me a great build and challenge my imagination for future mods. What kind of color scheme will it be? I'm hoping that TLG breaks the norm and does it in something completely out there

If the IP Racer turns out to be a $300 set then I really hope it does come with remote control functions otherwise I just can't see myself even considering spending that amount, espicailly since it would retail in Aus for about $450-500.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I hope the BWE is based on the bagger 293 or 288. It's one model I'm sure will give me a great build and challenge my imagination for future mods. What kind of color scheme will it be? I'm hoping that TLG breaks the norm and does it in something completely out there

That would be great, but high probability is that would something "small" and RC.Because this year mostly think that flagship will be RC.

If the IP Racer turns out to be a $300 set then I really hope it does come with remote control functions otherwise I just can't see myself even considering spending that amount, espicailly since it would retail in Aus for about $450-500.

Maybe is that car exclusive or cancelled or postponed because last news doesnt include this car.

There is a precedent of two years in a row without rc for the flagship. Maybe it's possible for Lego to do this again. 2008 and 2009 both saw flagships without rc

Just because there have been 1 RC followed by 1 non RC flagship for a number of years doesn't TLG are forced to follow this and I see no benefit from making the BWE RC. Far better to use the budget for that set to make it have some real functionality whilst still being in scale.

Maybe is that car exclusive or cancelled or postponed because last news doesnt include this car.

What is the last news? Did I miss something?

Lego is just keeping itself mum on the rumored Ultimate IP Car, right now its all speculation as to what form the rumored set will take.

Who can build this one

Lego Technic 2018,2019, 2020 ?

MAN , trailer and laboratory wagon

20150323_511030.jpg

While your idea is cool, it will take serious lobbying before a licensed MAN model can be produced, much more the functionality that Lego always incorporates in its sets. The truck in the picture looks like a ballast truck pulling what appears to be a passenger cabin.

Edited by MrPaulo23

sorry for little offtopic and laugh, if you prefer, but I have a silly question. What does IP stand for for this ultimate car?

Nobody knows

(Intellectual Property is one of the considered options)

Hopefully the Toy Fairs at the end of this month will give us some information on the Ultimate IP Car - however I start to worry that it might be announced at a later date, since it's rumored to be the first Technic UCS set.

What is the last news? Did I miss something?

Waler dont know any info about this car, also there isnt any mention on pricevortex.

Shooting in the fog:

if this IP car model exists (or will), for me makes sense to postpone, and present it as an annivesary UCS set in 2017.

if this IP car model exists (or will), for me makes sense to postpone, and present it as an annivesary UCS set in 2017.

I try to avoid actively participating in the discussion, but I think you hit the nail of the head. That makes a lot of sense.

(although I hope you are wrong and we will see it later this year)

Shooting in the fog:

That actually could happen if we don't hear anything about this set during the next two months I'd say.

Shooting in the fog:

And with new version of PF, that make sense.

Predicting what will we have is like winning the lottery :) :)