Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

We only know that the BuWeEx will have a wheel made of a motorbike rim and the buckets of the Arrocs, so that will probably be the flagship.

This is aslo a year of an RC flagship, but because we will have a "Technic UCS", maybe it won't be.

Please point me toward the source of this information. Buckets that wide seem rather strange for such a machine...?

Please point me toward the source of this information. Buckets that wide seem rather strange for such a machine...?

This was probably me and I stated that this is only my vision.

What if the new Volvo excavator is going to show case the entire pneumatics system, the 1x5, 1x11, 2x11 and 2x7. All featured in the excavator, 4 2x7's for outriggers,2 2x11 for arm lift, 1x11 for bucket curl, and a 1x5 for a bucket grab. A manometer would be placed on the side of the excavator, built into the excavator, like a viewing window for the meter in the engine bay, in tandem with an airtank. This could be a pneumatic flagship, not the overall flagship, but the flagship for the pneumatics for the decade. It's a viable option.

While i don't care for the IP-car since cars really don't do it for me anyway and if i wanted one i could just build 8880 which has yet to be beaten really. I'm astounded by the sheer size of BWE:s so i'm worried that the set wont really be so big because that would probably be hard to do on a likable price range. But i wouldn't mind being proven wrong. As for as the other 2 sets go, the tractor will probably be a disappointment because as stated before Lego don't put much effort into those really nowadays. The excavator might be nice but i hope that none of them are RC because that would just raise the price too much. It should at least have a compressor so that you can use your own motor to drive it.

Oh how i long for the end of january when the pics will finally be out. :wub:

No speculation on something excitingly new? How about additional parts of Pneumatics II (bigger pump for instance and a mega valve) or PF II (connectable to EV3?)? What if the IP car would introduce a new high performance motor and/or Bluetooth control?

That could be an option, but I just feel like this thread is going in circles. I don't think I will be responding until we actually have pictures. Speaking of, it is less than a month till the Toy Fair, I'm kind of surprised that nothing has surfaced.

Indeed, the Claas as a Unimog clone is a possibility. I have some interest in a model with various attachments, but Unimog never appeals to me much because it has various shortcomings. Especially now that I have the Arocs, I feel like Unimog is an underdeveloped hybrid between 9398 and 42043. But I can pay for a Unimog-style Claas if it doesn't turn out to be so bad.

What if the new Volvo excavator is going to show case the entire pneumatics system, the 1x5, 1x11, 2x11 and 2x7. All featured in the excavator, 4 2x7's for outriggers,2 2x11 for arm lift, 1x11 for bucket curl, and a 1x5 for a bucket grab. A manometer would be placed on the side of the excavator, built into the excavator, like a viewing window for the meter in the engine bay, in tandem with an airtank. This could be a pneumatic flagship, not the overall flagship, but the flagship for the pneumatics for the decade. It's a viable option.

That is a mighty nice vision, dream even.

Could give it a +1

It is the same thing every year.

I cut the GIF. It contained a word that would have hit our language filter. In addition, it was just plain annoying.

I cut the GIF. It contained a word that would have hit our language filter. In addition, it was just plain annoying.
bararhum.gif?f-ed=1

Sorry that i don't understand but what does GIF mean???

You can simply use Google and search for GIF. It's not that hard.

Now, let's get back on topic.

Does anyone here go to the toy fair? Will we get some early feedback?? I'm nearly tempted to go myself!

This toy fair is only for sellers and press.Promobricks.de probably will attend this toy fair like last year.

I think Huw from Brickset also goes to Toyfair, last year at least.

2017 thread should be named 'guessing, disinformation and whining', eh? :wink:

When the Toy Fair starts so that we could see the first photos ? Is it on the 27th ?

With regards to the Volvo - we know that the price is getting higher once they add PF into the set. So if the Pneumatic V2 is added without motor (medium i.e.) it could still be at the reasonable price. Remember that the licence costs... so without count of parts we do not know what size of the model will be... I truly hope I will be worth to buy and play with it.

Claas - well we did had in the past tractors that were costly due to parts been used in it. I could be a mechanical wonder.

BWE - I do not like the kind of machine (real one) OK it does look impressive due to it size - but in terms of Lego set it will be (could be) a good source of parts - it could be size match to the current Mobile Crane :)

All above are my speculations only as I do not have any source of seen them

Regards

You can simply use Google and search for GIF. It's not that hard.

Now, let's get back on topic.

Jim how about you stop being a stuck up prick, he didn't deserve that response. You moderate a Lego forum for adults, how about you cool it.

Maybe Jim's in a bad mood because of the unnecessary arguments several pages before.

On another note, the Helicopter is officially revealed in Lego products page. Its instruction is still unavailable though.

Maybe Jim's in a bad mood because of the unnecessary arguments several pages before.

Exactly!

...the Helicopter is officially revealed in Lego products page. Its instruction is still unavailable though.

Also a drag racer, with instructions :)

No offense taken Jim.

Jim how about you stop being a stuck up prick, he didn't deserve that response. You moderate a Lego forum for adults, how about you cool it.

Let's just keep it descend, there is already enough hate in the world.

No need for name calling here.

This is also a non adult reaction on your behalf.

Edited by Dafgek81

So now we all are good and loving and technic building ;)

Do you know when we will be able to buy new parts from B&P? I am particularly interested in the helicopter, but am missing just 40-50 parts.

Ok, Im not trying to start an argument here, but what if LEGO is calling this trencher a Bucket Wheel Excavator?

eagle-7500-wheel-trencher.jpg

I mean technically it is, it has the same idea to it, but it wouldnt be the BWE we are expecting

Edited by aminnich

Interesting theory. Though I think it is far too unknown by the masses for them to make a set from it. Would be a good b model though.

Edited by allanp

Ok, Im not trying to start an argument here, but what if LEGO is calling this trencher a Bucket Wheel Excavator?

I mean technically it is, it has the same idea to it, but it wouldnt be the BWE we are expecting

I wouldn't mind if the BWE turns out to be this (or this scale) instead of the gigantic landmass mover. As long as there is something new it will be welcomed.

Of course it would still be better if we got a big BWE with conveyor belt and spin-able buckets... More mechanics = more Technic!