Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I totally have no idea what are you talking last few posts.Sorry...

Me neither :hmpf_bad:

I have been following this discussion and it's getting nowhere. We already got the information about which set is which size and people are still speculating that it's gonna be different. And begging TLG not to cancel sets etc. Come on guys; we can do better than that. This is not some kids Facebook group. We're adults here. Let's talk about the 2016 sets in a mature way. And if there's nothing to add to the discussion, simply don't add another post.

yay the 90th page!

I mean....really?!

So Volvo will be regular 2H flagship model

Based on which information?!

I still doubt the BWE will be the flagship. It just doesn't make sense. Hardly anyone knows about this excavator and who wants a RC Ferris Wheel on tracks? ;-) I will never take Lego serious again if they release this joke as the flagship.

Having a BWE would be a very welcome addition in my opinion. So please refrain from calling something "a joke as a flagship" while you haven't seen a single picture of it.

i hope nothing else gets canceled! TLG if your reading this post stop canceling things i bet lots and lots of people are really disapponted about sets getting canceled!

If TLG cancels a set, they have their reasons. No need to beg, or order them to stop canceling. The fact that we saw a prelim picture doesn't mean they are obliged to release the set.

i hope its not the flagship because i want the 300 euro ip car!

Yeah yeah, we get it.

I'm quite anxious to see the Volvo EW160E because it could be a great source of pneumatics, and hopefully the nice black and yellow color scheme. I wonder which size tire will be used for it.

May be the BWE comes in a scale like the 8288?

Or last year mine truck.I know they never use mine truck and BWE at the same time, but for playability it will be great.

The engine fan from 42030? I wouldn't worry, if they release one I'm sure it'll be big enough to have some decent functionality.

You probably have no idea what technic BWE can do.

Functions-Working threads, working belt with bucket wheel, rotation of structure, elevation of structure.

Yeah this "ferris wheel" is maybe joke, but only for you(You sound in many aspects pretty silly).This is first time we have this machine as lego set, so one year without technic "classic" such as yellow cranes is nice year.

Thanks for your compliments about sounding silly. Let me remind you, an opinion is never silly, it's just an opinion, just respect that. Thank you. Besides that, i like humor and i express that. Futhermore, this topic is all about opinions and speculation. So be more open for it.

I know what a BWE is and what mess it can make. I don't like it, you like it, good for you.

I'm quite anxious to see the Volvo EW160E because it could be a great source of pneumatics, and hopefully the nice black and yellow color scheme. I wonder which size tire will be used for it.

I'm really hoping it isn't pneumatic, you guys got the Arocs last year with new pneumatics.

Following the technic cycles, we have to aspect 3 sets in 2h16. The regular one with power functions - its also the flagship with RC and one model that is powerfunction ready (the Claas). If Volvo is 50 Euro small than this set is dissapointing and will not use the new pneumatics. No rumors, its a fact. 40 pages are useless with wishes they have nothing to do with this topic. And no, TLG is not reading...

This Jim is an idiot. Waler has the knowledge every year. But nothing than rumors on 93 pages that can be packed to 2...

Edited by timtimgo87

This Jim is an idiot.

Excuse me. Am I missing some sarcasm or smilies here?!

Following the technic cycles, we have to aspect 3 sets in 2h16. The regular one with power functions - its also the flagship with RC and one model that is powerfunction ready (the Claas). If Volvo is 50 Euro small than this set is dissapointing and will not use the new pneumatics. No rumors, its a fact. 40 pages are useless with wishes they have nothing to do with this topic. And no, TLG is not reading...

This Jim is an idiot. Waler has the knowledge every year. But nothing than rumors on 93 pages that can be packed to 2...

Their is no reason to be rude, it is a DISCUSSION and speculation forum. That means people can say what they would like to see in the upcoming future sets as well as speculation coming from insiders that know about the actual set.

Sure the topic is 93 pages, but how many times have I seen contribution from yourself? You can't come on here calling people idiots (btw Jim is no idiot, in fact a very intelligent man) and Waler also provides very interesting and helpful information.

So to get off my little rant. I'm looking forward to 42030 having a twin size brother and maybe the dump truck with trailer sometime in the future :)

Waler is just collecting all information together and draws a conclusion :) It is obvious that sets with "higher" number are bigger in part count. But I see some people could argue with that :wink:

Edited by Waler

Thanks for your compliments about sounding silly. Let me remind you, an opinion is never silly, it's just an opinion, just respect that. Thank you. Besides that, i like humor and i express that. Futhermore, this topic is all about opinions and speculation. So be more open for it.

I know what a BWE is and what mess it can make. I don't like it, you like it, good for you.

You started offending this set without any knowledge that may harsh some fans of it and now you want to have some respect?This is bad joke isnt it?

This topic is discussion and speculation thread.If you dont know what these two words mean use please dictionary and dont tell to IMO most respected moderator that he is an idiot... Edited by Ondra

My god Ondra. I started offending a set? Are you kidding me. How can i offend a set? It's just Lego, not a person. You took it personal to me about being silly, but it seems more people here have a problem of being rude to another. A shame, it's just Lego people.

Edited by Bering

May I suggest locking this topic until certain users cool down?

And locking certain users until this topic cool down also.

This topic should not be locked in my opinion, we are adults after all. TimTimGo87 can make his apology to Jim and i'm ok after the insult of Ondra.

Don't be rude to each other, just share your opinion about the upcoming Lego sets.

Locking this topic could only cause problems to us and everyone that visits it everyday to see if there are news.

FFS people. Another forum where everybody's arguing about nothing.

Lemme tell ya what I ate for breakfast than, huh?surely this will cool things down...

So for breakfast I ate a sandwich with ham and cheese and a sliced tomato. Then, I ate another sandwich with tuna.

going to listen to dj khaled so he can save my nerves ok

It is the same thing every year.

I've noticed that a few people have been talking about a relationship between set numbers and their size/functions. I'm sorry to be rude but is there actually any correlation, or is it just coincidence?

Seeing as nothing (at least as far as I can remember reading/seeing) regarding 2H sets have been 100% confirmed. As far as I know, we only have the set numbers and names due to someone trying/looking up different combinations in the lego.com products pages.

If the three/four sets are indeed the Volvo excavator. a Claas tractor, a bucket wheel excavator and an "ultimate IP" car, here is just my completely objective and somewhat logical conclusion to what we might see when the sets are revealed:

Claas tractor: Flagship set, possibly womehat similar to the Unimog in size, functions and building style. Obviously as a tractor, so probably no live axle suspension etc. It could be RC, but that could pose a problem for more complicated attachments if they do make it of a modular "make-your-own-attachments" setup similar to the Unimog.

Volvo Excavator: Mid size set, utilizing four of the new 2x11 pneumatic cylinders. Given the scale of these cylinders, they would fit a semi-large excavator (8043 size) pretty much perfectly, and I suspect their mere introduction last year, along with the V2 pneumatics, means they'll be heavily used in a (licenced) set this year. Remember, 8043 only had a little over 1100 parts, but was expensive due to the PF components. I think (hope) this will be a decently sized wheeled excavator, with manual pneumatics, maybe with the possibility to add a motorized compressor. Price point could in this case easily be in the $100-120 range.

Bucket Wheel Excavator: If anything, I think this will be the smaller of the sets, in the $50-60 range. Either that, or it will indeed be a huge set, but I don't think they'd make a huge set of a so specialized and unknown type of vehicle.

IP Car: If this will indeed turn out to be a $300 UCS Technic set, I would be very glad indeed! Given of course that it introduces true to life solutions for gearboxes, and preferably some really advanced building techniques. If it is a licensed set as some seem to think, speculating in the actual brand is pretty senseless before we have some actual information pointing towards one or another. I know the BMW i8 was featured briefly in that one commercial, but I sincerely hope that is not the case :classic: As for RC: I highly doubt it, unless they make acompletely new RC drivetrain system with stronger, redesigned axles and joints to go with stronger motors.

I know the norm from the last couple of years' flagships have been RC model one year, and non-RC model the next. But nowhere is it written in stone (at least to my knowledge.. maybe in TLG headquarters in Billund?) that this is an absolute rule. Same logic applies to the sets' numbers.

Again; this is just my thoughts/speculation on 2H, given the information we have (or lack thereof). Can't wait till we see actuual pictures! :grin:

Seeing as nothing (at least as far as I can remember reading/seeing) regarding 2H sets have been 100% confirmed.

We only know that the BuWeEx will have a wheel made of a motorbike rim and the buckets of the Arrocs, so that will probably be the flagship.

This is aslo a year of an RC flagship, but because we will have a "Technic UCS", maybe it won't be.