Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I still doubt the BWE will be the flagship. It just doesn't make sense. Hardly anyone knows about this excavator and who wants a RC Ferris Wheel on tracks? ;-) I will never take Lego serious again if they release this joke as the flagship.

Maybe it's fun for a small size set, about 35-50 euro's, something like the 42035 Mining Truck.

Kids & Adults love cranes/excavators like the Volvo EW160E. That's flagship worthy and will certainly sell. Maybe the Claas as a 100 euro set. I will buy for sure. :-)

Until we know how much the BWE will cost and see pics of it, I think we should wait by judging it.

It has a different construction and size, but it's basically just an excavator. I don't know what to think of it yet, but I'm excited to see how TLG will pull it off.

Kids & Adults love cranes/excavators...

Yes, but we've had so many already. I for one would be happy with a BWE. RC doesn't seem likely to me though.

However, TLG has to cater to new customers each year, so another excavator also makes sense.

Yes, but we've had so many already. I for one would be happy with a BWE. RC doesn't seem likely to me though.

However, TLG has to cater to new customers each year, so another excavator also makes sense.

We already have the 42042 crane/excavator in 2015/2016. It's hard to beat this set in price, quality and functionality. But now we can "slice" through our Lego bricks with the new Bricked Wheel Elevator. Sorry, i can't talk serious about this set. ;-)

Edited by Bering

I still doubt the BWE will be the flagship. It just doesn't make sense. Hardly anyone knows about this excavator and who wants a RC Ferris Wheel on tracks? ;-) I will never take Lego serious again if they release this joke as the flagship.

Well, there's people that pay 200€ for a regular Ferris wheel, so one with tracks can only be better (according to the 1st law of tracks: anything with tracks is cooler). :wink:

:laugh:

Kids & Adults love cranes/excavators like the Volvo EW160E. That's flagship worthy and will certainly sell. Maybe the Claas as a 100 euro set. I will buy for sure. :-)

Are you sure...?

If it was a flagship, I think that they would do a bigger exavator.

Well, there's people that pay 200€ for a regular Ferris wheel, so one with tracks can only be better (according to the 1st law of tracks: anything with tracks is cooler). :wink:

Are you sure...?

i hope its not the flagship because i want the 300 euro ip car!

Are you sure...?

Not all flagships have been " big" in the past, but have mainly been a flagship because of functionality and playabilty. The Volvo is new in many aspects and special functions.The BWE has in my opinion no functionality or something to play with instead of a turning wheel. The BWE will be a nice C-Model of the 42042 set. I will give it a try.

Edited by Bering

Also remember we had 24030 full rc in 2014. Do you really think that we will get another bucket flagship this soon again?

I see a lot of people talking about cancelling here, but I suppose that doesn't make any sense. What's the bring to market cycle for Lego? 3 years between designing it and being available in the shops? (Not to be confused with 3 years available in the shops.)

So if the process takes a couple of years to complete, I don't think we should expect last minute cancellations or even changes. At least this is how typical consumer goods are designed and brought to market.

i hope nothing else gets canceled! TLG if your reading this post stop canceling things i bet lots and lots of people are really disapponted about sets getting canceled!

Also remember we had 24030 full rc in 2014. Do you really think that we will get another bucket flagship this soon again?

not the bucket wheel exavator the ip car is the flagship! Edited by Babaloveslego55

i hope nothing else gets canceled! TLG if your reading this post stop canceling things i bet lots and lots of people are really disapponted about sets getting canceled!

As long as you never see a set before it is canceled, it is fine.

You have no idea how many sets are canceled each year...

how on lego earth could anyone make a >lego< bwe that cheap! even if its lego and not technic?

Pretty easy, actually, and even easier yet in Technic.

They made a twin-rotor helicopter, a plane and a truck with cherry-picker lift at that price point. It's all about scale and imagination.

Pretty easy, actually, and even easier yet in Technic.

They made a twin-rotor helicopter, a plane and a truck with cherry-picker lift at that price point. It's all about scale and imagination.

but how would they make the buckets?

edit: im now a citizen! yaay!

Edited by Babaloveslego55

Not all flagships have been " big" in the past, but have mainly been a flagship because of functionality and playabilty. The Volvo is new in many aspects and special functions.The BWE has in my opinion no functionality or something to play with instead of a turning wheel. The BWE will be a nice C-Model of the 42042 set. I will give it a try.

You probably have no idea what technic BWE can do.

Functions-Working threads, working belt with bucket wheel, rotation of structure, elevation of structure.

Yeah this "ferris wheel" is maybe joke, but only for you(You sound in many aspects pretty silly).This is first time we have this machine as lego set, so one year without technic "classic" such as yellow cranes is nice year.

Honestly, although I don't mind a BWE, the most impressive thing with the real thing is how insanely huge it is while still being a functioning machine.

I've only ever seen in real life an older forward-facing wire excavator which was said to be 480 tons, about 3-4 floors tall, and even that is small compared to the biggest BWEs.

Getting to see one of those in real life would have to be insane!

You probably have no idea what technic BWE can do.

Functions-Working threads, working belt with bucket wheel, rotation of structure, elevation of structure.

Yeah this "ferris wheel" is maybe joke, but only for you(You sound in many aspects pretty silly).This is first time we have this machine as lego set, so one year without technic "classic" such as yellow cranes is nice year.

so the bwe cant be a 8 pound set!

so the bwe cant be a 8 pound set!

I totally have no idea what are you talking last few posts.Sorry...