Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Time to pop over to Mayfair it seems!

I grabbed the only funny car at Mayfair (if you're talking about Mayfair mall in Victoria). There were several mine loaders left though

Pull backs, Dragster, Display Jet, Mine Loader, Kart and Hydraplane all in plentiful supply in UK Lego Stores yesterday

I haven't seen any 2016 Lego sets in the shops, even in one of the two ToysRUs' in Poland. :cry_sad:

BTW I'm new here; first post.

If anyone is interested, all the 1H sets are available on the Lego website, bar the helicopter (42052) which is available on December the 31st. To see the sets you have to go to the shop and enter their catalogue number because they're not on the lego technic page.

They've been for sale since the 26th (i was awake at midnight, saw them go on sale), but i kept telling myself that especially around the holidays lego shipping would be slower then waiting for them to show up in stores...

Im kinda of starting to regret that call..

Found 42050 on one Internet auction in Poland, overpriced, of course. Gonna wait until the set will be in official stores. Maybe one of the "usually we are cheaper" shops will have those soon enough.

http://shop.lego.com...TECHNIC-ByTheme

I can see 'em just fine - that's how I got the price for the Drag Racer on page 87. Maybe your interpipes are clogged with cookies?

I was looking at the actual Technic products page: http://www.lego.com/...echnic/products

EDIT: I've just played around with the html and if you go to the US page (http://www.lego.com/en-us/technic/products) you get the four smaller sets listed (42044/5/6/7)

Edited by Technic Jim

Found 42050 on one Internet auction in Poland, overpriced, of course. Gonna wait until the set will be in official stores. Maybe one of the "usually we are cheaper" shops will have those soon enough.

what like the (have to wait a month) amazon?

Edit: if you dont understand what i said here is the long version:

what like the (you have to wait a month for the prices to go down) amazon?

Edited by Babaloveslego55

I went to TRU in Swindon, Wiltshire UK today and the only Technic they had on the shelf was:

4 x 42040 Fire Plane

2 x 42043 Arcos Truck

1 x 42025 Cargo Plane

But..... they said they are expecting a delivery tomorrow with all the new models :-)

I saw it too. You can find pretty much all the new sets on ceneo right now with normal prices though :laugh:

Edit: Visited the local lego store; they don't have the new sets. I guess it's the fault of the place, as no one visits them and the place has changed owners, multiple shops have been in that place, but every single one of them seems to bankrupt after some time.

Edited by bmx95ify

Went to the LEGO store today, and was completely disappointed. I know they never break street dates, but a guy can hope, right?

The inventory was insanely low:

They had exactly 3 Elves sets, 2 of 1 and 1 of another.

The grand sum total of all Star Wars merchandise was 5 UCS TIEs, 1 of each of the constraction figures that had been returned that morning and 3 Darth Vader clocks.

On topic, they had one blue crane, 1 24-hour racer and 1 Acros. many of the small sets were completely gone.

All around the store. the other themes only had slightly more than Technic did... It was kind of incredible. They couldn't even face the shelves in some areas. Heck, half the Star Wars area was faced with Bionicle pouches.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Went to the LEGO store today, and was completely disappointed. I know they never break street dates, but a guy can hope, right?

The inventory was insanely low:

They had exactly 3 Elves sets, 2 of 1 and 1 of another.

The grand sum total of all Star Wars merchandise was 5 UCS TIEs, 1 of each of the constraction figures that had been returned that morning and 3 Darth Vader clocks.

On topic, they had one blue crane, 1 24-hour racer and 1 Acros. many of the small sets were completely gone.

All around the store. the other themes only had slightly more than Technic did... It was kind of incredible. They couldn't even face the shelves in some areas. Heck, half the Star Wars area was faced with Bionicle pouches.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

tip: dont look for small sets right away after christmas!

Edit:I always preferred Nissan Skyline

Great car, Drive one myself. But not one you're thinking of. Mine is called an Infiniti G37x in the US. Skyline 370GT FOUR in Japan and other parts of world.

An R34 model would be hot.. Hell I'd take a current GT-R

Great car, Drive one myself. But not one you're thinking of. Mine is called an Infiniti G37x in the US. Skyline 370GT FOUR in Japan and other parts of world.

An R34 model would be hot.. Hell I'd take a current GT-R

lucky you!

tip: dont look for small sets right away after christmas!

Um, they didn't even have most of the big sets, either. And quantities were incredibly limited all around. From Architecture to Technic and everything in-between, half or more of each line was sold out, and what was left were often singletons. I should have taken pictures.

Um, they didn't even have most of the big sets, either. And quantities were incredibly limited all around. From Architecture to Technic and everything in-between, half or more of each line was sold out, and what was left were often singletons. I should have taken pictures.

Same in Estonia. All toyshops and lego webshops are sold out from Technic set. I, for example, managed to get by blind luck last, from the city, 42009 under my christmas tree (I didn't have it yet). I have heard that Lego was struggling this year to satisfy demand, so little bit of wait and all sets will be on shelves again :)