Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Maybe this is old news already but I ordered my 42048 Race Kart from Amazon in Germany, a few days ago, and it has already been shipped!

Maybe this is old news already but I ordered my 42048 Race Kart from Amazon in Germany, a few days ago, and it has already been shipped!

Awesome, havent seen any of the technic sets available in europe yet

Ill make a trawl of the toy-shops around work tomorrow, see if i can snatch up a go-kart and display-jet for the christmas weekend

Ok, I do understand what you mean with the thin 4L's in the rear 'suspension'.

But don't know what you mean about the 6L axle in the grager control, I do see where it is, what it does, but why change it and how exactly?

I am new to all this, so maybe it's just something everyone else can see, so please do explain.

Thx

Try seeing it as a vehicle with articulated steering, with the universal joint in the middle arent exacly in the middle, but a little bit off-set. That puts alot of stress into it, and eventually it may crack. (not that i believe one of the u-joints on the mine loader will crack, but it was the comparison i could come up with to make it easy to understand)

Edited by GoldVillage

Try seeing it as a vehicle with articulated steering, with the universal joint in the middle arent exacly in the middle, but a little bit off-set. That puts alot of stress into it, and eventually it may crack. (not that i believe one of the u-joints on the mine loader will crack, but it was the comparison i could come up with to make it easy to understand)

Now I see it, thx for the clear explanation

I'll most likely get the mine loader and I'll probably modify it anyway, so the flaws don't mean much to me.

Awesome, havent seen any of the technic sets available in europe yet

Ill make a trawl of the toy-shops around work tomorrow, see if i can snatch up a go-kart and display-jet for the christmas weekend

try looking on ebay international sellers and see what comes up!

Just finished watching Top Gear Season 22 Episode 4 where the much debated (Ultimate IP Car set candidate) was tested by Jeremy Clarkson, the car alone makes perfect sense for me if it'll be designed using existing panels, uses a small three cylinder engine with electric motors. The back looks cool while the font is not so, if Lego will go conservative and promote the idea of a hybrid sports car I think the i8 is good for, but should Lego go mental like really insane about the rumored set, the Hypercar Trio (Porsche, Ferrari or McLaren) is the only way to go, Porsche has AWD, hybrid V8 setup and a curvaceous body, McLaren has the same approach minus the AWD, and Ferrari has the more insane Hybrid KERS V12 RWD mix. All 3 have their engines placed midships and have existing racetrack-focused versions and the most insane is the Ferrari FXX K. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Lego making an AWD flagship sports car set and I think a proper car to represent the would either be the i8 or a Porsche 918/ 918 RSR Hybrid Concept.

Oh, they've done it before, only with the first flagship supercar ever, 8880. That set has not been surpassed, at least in terms of drivetrain and real car features. If this Ultimate IP car really is ultimate, I'd say it better have:

• All wheel drive
  • All wheel steer, with selectable mode.
  • at least a 6 speed gearbox
  • adjustable suspension
  • cool doors
  • full interior
  • lights
  • Be a Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6 :tongue:

But, it will probably be a while before we find out anything.

Or that ultimate car will be cancelled as fire truck.Maybe there isnt market for such as expensive set.

Or maybe this so-called Ultimate IP Car and the rumored 300 EUR price are deliberately revealed by Lego so that they can see how people will react to them in general. And depending on the reaction it may or may not be produced.

Technic sets for H1 just went live this morning in europe on S@H, took me some strength of character not to order a bunch..

(and i know the sets will be on shelves before lego can get it shipped to me, especially around the holidays)

my apologies if the answer to my question is already out there..... but in over 85 pages of this post, it is difficult to find specific answers to specific questions.

I just saw Sariel's video for the heavy lift helicopter..... at ~ 43 seconds it mentions that there is a larger helicopter planned for the 2h of 2016. Anyone have any information regarding this helicopter?

my apologies if the answer to my question is already out there..... but in over 85 pages of this post, it is difficult to find specific answers to specific questions.

I just saw Sariel's video for the heavy lift helicopter..... at ~ 43 seconds it mentions that there is a larger helicopter planned for the 2h of 2016. Anyone have any information regarding this helicopter?

I think Sariel was referring to the Cargo Plane 42025 which was already released in 2014 1H.

?? hmmmmm... thats not how I interpret it. Quote: "this is the largest Technic set for the first half of 2016, a larger one is expected in the second half".... but reading it more thoroughly i see my own error. I think he is referring to an overall larger set for the second half.... but that does not mean a helicopter..... my bad. Can be anything. Talk about top-down processing :blush:

Check out the first post of this topic and you will see what's coming this year (unless sets get cancelled) :wink:

I've just noticed something about the Helicopter B-Model: it only has 2 motorized functions: rotors and winch. The loading ramp is handled manually by a switch under the model near the rear wheels.

You can take a look at the B-model here: http://shop.lego.com...elicopter-42052

In the picture that shows the loading ramp of the B-model, if you zoom in you can see the ramp is connected to a bent 4x6 beam, which is connected to a red beam, which is connected to a beam that goes through the floor.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

42050 Drag Racer

Price £49.99

Better than expected! For something with at least £17 of tyres.

Check out the first post of this topic and you will see what's coming this year (unless sets get cancelled) :wink:

Yes but the 2h Pics don't give piece count estimates, so difficult to know the anticipated size of the set.

he was talking about a bigger set not helicopter!

Or that ultimate car will be cancelled as fire truck.Maybe there isnt market for such as expensive set.

That would ruin everyone's fun and it being Boxing Day and all...!