Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

i also think its been pushed back to the Summer 2H release schedule.

i wonder if its possible to reverse engineer it based on the picture?

i think the wheels used are 56x26

For your information, 42051 has been canceled.

This set will not be released.

By cancelled you mean no 42051 for 1H or no fire truck as 42051?

It would seem odd to go through the full design process for 42051, and then cancel it. I'm holding out for its inclusion for H2.

i also think its been pushed back to the Summer 2H release schedule.

i wonder if its possible to reverse engineer it based on the picture?

i think the wheels used are 56x26

they are the ones from the quadbike

By cancelled you mean no 42051 for 1H or no fire truck as 42051?

I mean no fire truck 42051.

I quote TLG : "This model will not be launched".

Same here. Pushed back to 2h more than likely.

I was gonna say I thought so too, but....

I mean no fire truck 42051.

Edited by Kman860

I guess it's strange that 42051 was canceled. I'm sure that it's kinda like 75088, or it us ousted back to 2H.

I liked the truck better than 42038, so I guess my wallet will go to 42045, 42048, 42049 and 42050 where I'm waiting.

Edited by Chimaninja454

Maybe they were just referring to using it in the 2016 trebuchet competition.

I know this is off topic, but we have to remember that for a future Technic competition here on EBs, build the best trebuchet! Ok, sorry, back on topic.

Maybe they were just referring to using it in the 2016 trebuchet competition.

Haha, but they probably will launch 42044 and 42052 then, and we will see Lego fly.

I know this is off topic, but we have to remember that for a future Technic competition here on EBs, build the best trebuchet! Ok, sorry, back on topic.

I'm in!

Haha, but they probably will launch 42044 and 42052 then, and we will see Lego fly.

:laugh: :laugh:

Maybe it was designed as bad as the mine loader, and the decided not to offer it.

Probably.

I think the mine loader is quite alright for its size and scale. I plan to get it although I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

I think the mine loader is quite alright for its size and scale. I plan to get it although I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Me, I'm getting it because it's the only heavy-industry related set in the 1H lineup. Odd, considering there's usually at least two.

Still seems odd the tlg would spend the money on designing a set and marketing materials and then cancel it.

And other than one person do we have and actual evidence from tlg that is was canceled?

Still seems odd the tlg would spend the money on designing a set and marketing materials and then cancel it.

And other than one person do we have and actual evidence from tlg that is was canceled?

Not really!

The was 0 marketing as set was never announced. You also seem no to believe an old LUG Ambassador for information he has provided?

I suppose it's just the fact that it seems strange to cancel it when they've already gone through the design process all the way up to the first advertising.

Me, I'm getting it because it's the only heavy-industry related set in the 1H lineup. Odd, considering there's usually at least two.

For me it's mostly a question of whether or not I should get the new parts off BrickLink since I'm kinda stocked up on tires :laugh:

I have the tires and turntable and probably most of the liftarms and connectors lying unused.

The was 0 marketing as set was never announced. You also seem no to believe an old LUG Ambassador for information he has provided?

Another proof : I have seen the Lego list of 1H2016 provided to retailers, and the fire truck 42051 is not in it.

Could it be that the fire truck in this form as 42051 have been cancelled, but not the idea? Like they didn't really feel satisfied with it as it turned out to be after all, but will rework it and release it later sometimes?