Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

We need to summon Dokludi, to replicate 42051 from a single picture.

For your information, 42051 has been canceled.

This set will not be released.

So the nr is vaccant and will be released as a another set? if you find out the reason why it was cancelled, please tell :wink:

As far as I know, not ever.

That's a shame. The fire truck was one of the 1H sets I would have considered buying.

The mine loader thingy should've been canceled. That is the worse Technic set Lego has offered in a long time, IMHO.

I have the same feeling about the mine loader.Anyway I'll keep the fingers crossed for the fire truck

Too bad. I liked that little one.

I would have a go at it but im not allowed to build fire trucks police cars and amblunaces :wacko:

As far as I know, not ever.

and i really wanted those tires!

So the nr is vaccant and will be released as a another set? if you find out the reason why it was cancelled, please tell :wink:

I wonder if the 2H sets will shift numbers now, maybe lego thinks we know too much and wants to screw us up :laugh: :laugh:

Guess no 1H sets for me then. Wallet will love me for that. Then again... Picking up past years flagships instead!

same here, was intended to buy 42051 for its' tires!

now have to turn to 42034 again...

I only have 4 of em witch is not enough for a tatra :cry_sad:

And the red flex axles would have been really useful :wacko:

Edited by Babaloveslego55

It seems strange that they decided to cancel 42051 now, after it's already been planned for release and everything. I don't think it looks bad, and the functions must have been at least acceptable since they intended to release it.

Maybe not enough retailers placed orders to justify a mass release of the fire truck, or maybe it didn't fair well in end user testing. In either case, it may show up as an exclusive to Argos or something.

what does "appears as counterpart" mean?
It is because it has a wheel+tyre entry for set's inventory.

Too bad that 42051 has been cancelled. I lost motivation to buy the pullback sets anyway. the dragster looks fun but I'm not a big fan of "Funny Cars" anyway. It's the 42052 that I'm putting high hopes for. I like the challenge of building sets upwards 1,000 pieces plus I never had a helicopter set from Lego Technic so I want to have one, the design for me of the Heavy Lift helicopter is very fresh, it almost screams "Russian" for me though the designer's nationality is different still it's interesting to own. Not a big fan of heavy construction equipment so I'm skipping the tractor set but will be focusing on the rumored IP Car which I still hope to take the form of any of the Holy Trinity Hypercars or with a slim chance being a 2017 Ford GT.

It's only 2015 and Ford has already released the GT and with Lego being in highest point of success right now would IMO consider an American license for the Technic line, either way 2016 will be a barren year for my Technic collection. I still hope Lego is just playing coy by cancelling the 42051 and will actually surface as a 2H set considering that the 2H is going to be packed with sets upwards of 600+ pieces, TLG needs something that will buffer/balance the game.