Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

But was Dacia Sandero presented in the Innovation at Play-video? I think not. Plus, the name IP Car points to the shortening of the words Innovation at Play. And the only branded car model that appears in the video is in fact the i8

We all pretty much agree it's Intellectual property, or maybe Improved Performance

Aslo, is the «innovation at play» something more than a marketing campaing?

Might be a belief or something

But was Dacia Sandero presented in the Innovation at Play-video? I think not. Plus, the name IP Car points to the shortening of the words Innovation at Play. And the only branded car model that appears in the video is in fact the i8

IP is most likely an abbreviation of intellectual property—in other words, a real-world car licensed by the manufacturer, rather than an original unbranded design by Lego. I don't think you can read any more into the placeholder name than that.

IP is most likely an abbreviation of intellectual property—in other words, a real-world car licensed by the manufacturer, rather than an original unbranded design by Lego. I don't think you can read any more into the placeholder name than that.

I hope to high heaven it's a Merc-Benz G63 6x6....but I think the chance of that is happening is the same as it snowing in Hades....

More likely 1000-1300 set something like customized pickup.

Just saw the new Claas brochure. The exhaust pipe has been relocated. Shifted from the front to a small exit pipe in the middle. Curious whether Lego Code up with this or with the old model... Hopefully with big wheels...

Just saw the new Claas brochure. The exhaust pipe has been relocated. Shifted from the front to a small exit pipe in the middle. Curious whether Lego Code up with this or with the old model... Hopefully with big wheels...

To me, as long as I get a tractor (I missed all the others), I'll be pretty happy :sweet: :sweet:

To me, as long as I get a tractor (I missed all the others), I'll be pretty happy :sweet: :sweet:

I am a fan in 1:16 scale models...and afraid Lego won't come up with it

Except, the Xerion has distinctive red/dark red rims. I got the dark red ones for my Xerion MOC because the red ones are very pricey.

I've seen your MOC before and it's probably better than what we'll get from TLG :sweet:

I've seen your MOC before and it's probably better than what we'll get from TLG :sweet:

Well, I don't think that the set will be RC... But I'm sure that we will get some sweet MODs :sweet: .

Well, I don't think that the set will be RC... But I'm sure that we will get some sweet MODs :sweet: .

Like I said, I'll just be happy having a tractor :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

Edited by Kman860

Of course it will be better its rc! Rc is always better!

Please don't write such comments. They are unfounded, they are based on a personal preference and they tend to elicit responses which don't belong in this topic.

I hope to high heaven it's a Merc-Benz G63 6x6....but I think the chance of that is happening is the same as it snowing in Hades....

There's already a Mercedes-Benz in the Technic Line, 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245, following the line of succession of Mercedes-Benz sets from 8110 to the latter would mean a new MB set won't be out in about 2-3 years but Lego might break the "rule" as it has multiple Ferrari sets before. I would however love to see a Technic recreation of one of the Holy Trinity Hypercars or as we all have seen, Lego might have spill the beans when it released that commercial showing a BMW i8 forming the outlines of what appears to be a Technic chassis.

For your information, 42051 has been canceled.

This set will not be released.

I guess they saw Lucio Switch's model and just gave up ;-)

But on a serious note. Not now or not ever?

As far as I know, not ever.

That's sad... :sad:

So, will we get the white seat panels in anorther set later in the summer? They were in the preliminary image.